Community
Search

FT/FS: Final Fantasy XI for PS2

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FT/FS: Final Fantasy XI for PS2

I'm trying to sell just the installation discs without the hard drive. These are still sealed (brand new) and will include the CDKey for a month of free play, likewise unused. I'm asking one of the following:

WANTS:
$35
Ratchet & Clank 3
PS2 network adaptor

DVDs:
Fawlty Towers Set
Babylon 5 Movies or Gathering DVD
Lower Depths, CC

*You will need a PS2 with a hard drive as well as a network card to play this game, but a 40gb drive these days costs far less than you would pay for the game with the hard drive in a store.
Old 11-02-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

but you need the sony ps2 hdd.
Old 11-02-04, 06:53 PM

You can actually put any HD into your PS2 so long as it fits the network adaptor. A google search will turn up numerous hits on how to do this. The FF11 installation disks can be used to reinstall FF, if it gets erased from the HD. That said, I don't see any reason why you can't install FF11 on any HD. This last bit is not a fact, but merely an assumption on my part. I certainly don't want to mislead anyone into trading me if they can't actually play the game, so please LMK if you actually know what your talking about when you say you need the PS2 hdd, or just think you know what you're talking about.

thanks!
Old 11-03-04, 07:17 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought all hard drives came with ffxi though?
Old 11-03-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The ps2 will not recognize non-Sony hdds, unless your ps2 is modded, and you add a fix to it. I believe that FFXI ONLY works with the sony hdd, but they might have gone around it since I last checked.
Old 11-03-04, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by actyper
The ps2 will not recognize non-Sony hdds, unless your ps2 is modded, and you add a fix to it. I believe that FFXI ONLY works with the sony hdd, but they might have gone around it since I last checked.

I'm pretty sure the PS2 WILL recognize non-Sony hds without modding, however as for FFXI, you may be right there. I read a couple of things about FFXI not working on any other HD than the PS2 HDD, granted I didn't look too in-depth and there *might* be a work-around now, but I didn't see any. Maybe FFXI requires specifically a Sony-branded HD?

That said I'll hold off on trying to trade FFXI until we know for sure.
Old 11-03-04, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Dragon Fly
I thought all hard drives came with ffxi though?

FFXI comes installed on the PS2 HDD, which is a 40GB drive. However, I read people have been putting other 3.5" HDs, up to 120GB into their PS2s
Old 11-04-04, 01:40 AM
Cool New Member

FF11 can be installed on other hard drives. check playonline and they say it willl work. now I have a question, bought a used version re-installed it and it won't take my play online registration code. Am I boned?