Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ultimate Matrix Collection trailers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-04, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate Matrix Collection trailers

I don't know how long these have been up, (Could be old news) but I found them interesting.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/dvd.php?id=1191

Remastered footage of the original looks interesting, what little they showed of it.
Old 10-31-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Sweet.
Old 10-31-04, 05:40 PM
sdk

Do we still get the Extended reloaded version?
Old 10-31-04, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by sdk
Do we still get the Extended reloaded version?
Not exactly...there are, however, 23 scenes which were shot for Enter the Matrix that will appear as "deleted scenes" on the Matrix Reloaded: Revisited disc.
Old 10-31-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the trailer has been around for a month or so, and can be found right on The Matrix's own website. Fun to watch again though
Old 11-01-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure if I like the packaging. Looks too easily damaged:

Old 11-01-04, 09:36 AM

It will be interesting to see reviews of Audio/video on the new discs. I would be surprised if they are better than the current ones! The rumored color corection on the first film will also be interesting to see-I don't know if will double dip, but I doubt it since I own all the films in the box already! Including animatrix and reviseted!
Reviews should start comming in soon...

Last edited by Kant; 11-01-04 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-01-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do we really need a Neo bust too?
Old 11-01-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

December is going to be a expensive month. Can't wait to see all of the extras on this set....
Old 11-01-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by TylerDurden_73
December is going to be a expensive month. Can't wait to see all of the extras on this set....
And then that holiday called Christmas gets in the way.
Old 11-01-04, 01:20 PM

Considering how poor the 1st films transfer was its gonna be nice to see the full film,

but alas we wont as the full film is 1.85.1 aspect ration and shown on digital TV it looked amazing a totally different film with far cleaner and colourfull transfer, but also with about 50% more footage where the black bars had been forced on the film! its a far better film in 1.85.1 than cramped awfull 2.35.1, they cut footage from all sides and the film was fully finished and no sound booms or anytthing, I await the full 1.85.1 aspect ratio, either on dvd from Warner or from other means!
Old 11-01-04, 01:23 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are there longer cuts of the movies?
Old 11-01-04, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Fok
Are there longer cuts of the movies?
No.
Old 11-01-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Romerojpg
Considering how poor the 1st films transfer was its gonna be nice to see the full film,

but alas we wont as the full film is 1.85.1 aspect ration and shown on digital TV it looked amazing a totally different film with far cleaner and colourfull transfer, but also with about 50% more footage where the black bars had been forced on the film! its a far better film in 1.85.1 than cramped awfull 2.35.1, they cut footage from all sides and the film was fully finished and no sound booms or anytthing, I await the full 1.85.1 aspect ratio, either on dvd from Warner or from other means!
Troll much? Go ahead and wait, we'll be enjoying the already correct 2.35:1 ratio. The 1.85:1 is going to be zoomed and possibly panned, so why waste time waiting for that?

Last edited by FinkPish; 11-01-04 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-01-04, 03:22 PM

The film was filmed in sometihing like 2:35 not 1:85! So you must have seen it cropped!
Old 11-01-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The trailer reminded me of the SNL skit for the new Schick razor... "That's right, THIRTEEN blades for the closest shave ever!"
My mouth is salivating all the same...
Old 11-01-04, 03:55 PM

Troll much?
No not at all, you?

The film was filmed in sometihing like 2:35 not 1:85! So you must have seen it cropped!
If you think that go ahead, you are wrong it was not filmed 2.35.1 the finished dvd and cinema edits are 2.35.1 but they cropped it to hell to get it that way, parts 2 and 3 were ( I never compared, but that how they were filmed apparelty), not part 1, the 1.85.1 transfer was shown on Digital TV was far, far better, all I need is a good dvd rip from TV and it will look far better.

I have compared a lot from the few versions I have seen (a few dvd versions in 2.35.1, the fullscreen version and by far the best the 1.85.1 TV cut!), the TV cut was a massive change as you saw more footage on all sides, all completly finished footage, no dodgy footage it was all 100% finished with all special effects complete, the fights were a lot better in this way.
Old 11-01-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you think that go ahead, you are wrong it was not filmed 2.35.1 the finished dvd and cinema edits are 2.35.1 but they cropped it to hell to get it that way, parts 2 and 3 were ( I never compared, but that how they were filmed apparelty), not part 1, the 1.85.1 transfer was shown on Digital TV was far, far better, all I need is a good dvd rip from TV and it will look far better.

I have compared a lot from the few versions I have seen (a few dvd versions in 2.35.1, the fullscreen version and by far the best the 1.85.1 TV cut!), the TV cut was a massive change as you saw more footage on all sides, all completly finished footage, no dodgy footage it was all 100% finished with all special effects complete, the fights were a lot better in this way.
So your contention is that the WB somehow cropped the film to 2.35:1 for the theatrical and DVD releases of the film, and that we are all missing out on the "correct" 1.85:1 ratio? Just because you saw something at a certain ratio doesn't make it the correct one. I don't understand this thinking, the movie is supposed to be seen as 2.35:1, it was filmed with that intention and was released that way. You may like whatever odd version you saw on TV, but that doesn't change the fact that it is wrong. You might as well just buy the pan and scan version so there aren't any black bars at all.
Old 11-01-04, 05:34 PM

Just because someone says you have to watch something the way they want you to means shit, I paid for something I want it my way!

why not just have the 1.85.1 version and include a black bar sub track! thay way people will choose the way they want it, and the Pan and Scan version is cropped on both sides (but you do get more top and bottom) as I said the 1.85.1 version you see more on all sides!
if you dont want to see more good for you, I am pretty sure most people would rather watch it with far more image, rather than awfull boxed in cropped to hell.
Old 11-01-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just because someone says you have to watch something the way they want you to means shit, I paid for something I want it my way!

why not just have the 1.85.1 version and include a black bar sub track! thay way people will choose the way they want it, and the Pan and Scan version is cropped on both sides (but you do get more top and bottom) as I said the 1.85.1 version you see more on all sides!
if you dont want to see more good for you, I am pretty sure most people would rather watch it with far more image, rather than awfull boxed in cropped to hell.
I enjoy watching movies the way the director(s) chose to shoot them, nothing different. If you want to watch things your way, more power to you, but don't complain when no one listens. Obviously, there's no arguing this with you, you have the wrong attitude to begin with, so I won't bother continuing. By all means, keep holding your breath for this magical version of the film.
Old 11-01-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OAR is the only way to go. When the W Bros. filmed the movie, they framed it off for a 2.35:1 presentation. Even if there is additional info above and below, it was never meant to be seen, even if it looked complete.

Zooming or stretching a movie to fill a screen is exactly the same thing as getting a "foolscreen" copy of a film.
Old 11-01-04, 08:56 PM
Banned

This ain't Burger King here, dude....

How do you see more on the sides with 1.85? You do realize that 1.85 is NOT as wide as 2.35?

OK...put down the drugs and slowly back away.

Unless you can show us screenshots of both, side-by-side, your "fantasy" perfect ratio is just that, "Fantasy"
Old 11-02-04, 11:22 AM

www.ign.com dvd has a review up of just the Commentary tracks. The more I hear about this, the more I just want a new two disc of the first film!
Old 11-02-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The review actually makes me excited about the set. I like West's writings so it should be interesting to hear him deconstruct the films.
Old 11-02-04, 12:09 PM

Obviously, there's no arguing this with you, you have the wrong attitude to begin with, so I won't bother continuing
Yes I have the wrong attitude! your joking aint you! Did I call anyone names or act like a child, no. I said why the 2.35.1 aspect ratio boxes in thefilm and the opened up film looks and is better for me, I have shown the film to many others in the open way and most prefered it as the fights and many other scenes just work far better.

How do you see more on the sides with 1.85? You do realize that 1.85 is NOT as wide as 2.35?
As I said it was not shot 2.35.1 it was cropped on all 4 sides to get the desired 2.35.1 ratio, you see more on all sides. you must never watch films on digital TV in widescreen as many are far better than the aspect ratio they were released on dvd on, Titanic is one bigger film with more of the frame open and not blocked off.

I am not saying anyones wrong and its evil to watch the film in its origanal aspect ratio at all, 99% of the time its perfect, but if anyone has seen the fuller version of a film opened up and not boxed in it can change your mind very few film do work like this, but Matrix part 1 is better this way. As most of you have not seen it I guess you can say as you like, but if you saw the difference you maybe then would prefer the fuller version.

People who say its the only way, well changes if they make the product better are a good thing, be it a better aspect ratio, or digital changes or more footage added in, if it makes the film better, then it better for all of us.if the director doesnt like it really who cares! as you will own films where the director has not wanted his film presented in that way, it was forced on him, but you still think thats the right way!
No a film is there to be changed and Directors do it all the time, if the person added footage or messed about with it will you never ever go near that film, yes you would and most people wont even know that they have been changed against the directors wishes.

Unless you can show us screenshots of both, side-by-side, your "fantasy" perfect ratio is just that, "Fantasy"
I have no proof whatsoever as some git stole my tape of it, but I did tell many people to wacth it when it was shown on UK TV (digital ) and they all noticed the differnce, if they did not agree it was better then good for them, but a lot did say they prefered the opened up version and one day I will own a good version on dvd as Hi Fef TV can produce superb dvds, just hope I get one soon.
I could probibly provide you with many people to come and say about it as they have seen it, from many forums, but I am sure you would still not beleve them either. So I will leave it for now as you lot are very set in your ways and hostile to change and peoples opinions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.