Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy offering exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc and The Best of TV on DVD magazine.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy offering exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc and The Best of TV on DVD magazine.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-04, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inside the 11/5/04 issue of Entertainment Weekly here's Best Buy ad for the Seinfeld DVD release on November 23, 2004.

"Buy Seinfeld Volume 1, Volume 2, or the Gift Set (includes the first 3 seasons and extras) and receive your free exclusive Entertainment Weekly special edition issue of The Best of TV on DVD and an exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc, instantly. Seinfeld bonus disc are available only at Best Buy. Minimum 150 per store."
Old 10-29-04, 11:42 PM

Does this apply to online preorders? I got in on that virtual cash back deal a while ago
Old 10-30-04, 01:06 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 10-30-04, 02:02 AM

Unfortunately it doesn't say in the ad.
Old 10-30-04, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Assuming it's not shrinkwrapped/attached to the boxsets, I wonder if you can just pick up a copy and purchase it for a cent (like what was possible with the kill bill boxset cases), without having to actually buy it.

I'll probably just go ahead and buy it from there anyway, but if there's an incredible deal I just can't pass up somewhere else, it would be nice to get that extra disc.
Old 10-30-04, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by SlingshotBandit
Assuming it's not shrinkwrapped/attached to the boxsets, I wonder if you can just pick up a copy and purchase it for a cent (like what was possible with the kill bill boxset cases), without having to actually buy it.

I'll probably just go ahead and buy it from there anyway, but if there's an incredible deal I just can't pass up somewhere else, it would be nice to get that extra disc.
most of the time the freebie usually rings up as a penny or free but the LOTR: ROTK Entertainment Weekly Issue rang up as $9.99 if you didn't buy LOTR: ROTK. Same thing with the Abu doll with the purchase of Aladdin.
Old 11-08-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
The bonus disc is online for a price of $3.99...
Old 11-08-04, 01:05 PM

I searched and didn't see an answer to this. Do we know what's on this bonus disc?
Old 11-08-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JuryDuty
And surprisingly, it didn't go down to $0.00 when I added it to my cart with the Seinfeld gift set already in there.
Old 11-08-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by scott27
And surprisingly, it didn't go down to $0.00 when I added it to my cart with the Seinfeld gift set already in there.
I e-mailed Best Buy about this. I'll post a reply when I get one...which knowing them, probably won't be until Christmas.
Old 11-08-04, 05:49 PM

alot of people have had problems getting the bonus disc when ordering from bb.com. I wouldn't risk it if it was important to you
Old 11-08-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whats on the bonus disc? Is it worth having? Ive already preordered the gift set from Amazon, but if the bonus is worth anything and BBs price is good, I might reconsider (although if I can just buy it for $3.99 thatll be even better).
Old 11-09-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JuryDuty
Well, it's pretty well-hidden (as are most products on BB's site, in my experience). Do you have a link?
Old 11-09-04, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Well, it's pretty well-hidden (as are most products on BB's site, in my experience). Do you have a link?
It is not hidden. Just search for Seinfeld and it will show up.

But for those who are too lazy:

Seinfeld Bonus Disc

Last edited by gjamesm; 11-09-04 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-09-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by gjamesm
It is not hidden.
It's listed under "General Music DVDs". While it may not be hidden, it ain't exactly logically placed either.

Thanks for the link.
Old 11-11-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Seen any word on what the bonus disc contains?
Old 11-11-04, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Seen any word on what the bonus disc contains?
I was wondering this myself. If they want people to go out of their way to get they should at least tell us what is on it.
Old 11-16-04, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bonus disc info. This just in from TVSHOWONDVD:

Next Tuesday, November 23rd sees the long-awaited, highly-anticipated debut of Seinfeld on DVD. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (formerly Columbia/Tristar) is promoting the heck out of it, too...did you catch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman last night? Funny as ever...he certainly hasn't lost his touch!

Among the various promotions that stands out is the deal which Best Buy will be offering. We first got word of it a couple of weeks ago, when the issue of Entertainment Weekly that had Elton John on the cover had this to say on page 68 (thanks to various readers, starting with "Kevin", for passing this on to us):

Buy Seinfeld Volume 1, Volume 2, or the Gift Set (includes the first 3 seasons and extras) and receive your free exclusive Entertainment Weekly special edition issue of "The Best TV on DVD" and an exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc, instantly.

The EW ad was short on details, namely on what the bonus disc would contain, and we've been inundated with e-mail asking us to find out what will be on it. We've contacted Best Buy directly, and here is what we were told:

In Best Buy's 11/21 circular ad, they are highlighting Seinfeld Vol 1. (seasons 1 and 2) Vol. 2 (Season 3) and Vol. 3 (gift set including all 3 seasons). As mentioned, they have an exclusive bonus disc available with the purchase of any Volume.
The exclusive DVD is called "Life Before Seinfeld ". It contains a featurette of interviews with the memorable characters from Seinfeld: George and Jerry's parents, Newman, Puddy, Uncle Leo, and more.
Also, customers who buy any Seinfeld DVD will also receive an exclusive Entertainment Weekly TV-DVD Magazine. Seinfeld with be prominently featured in the publication, but the focus is on TV shows now on DVD.

Very cool! This promotion is going to be in-stores, only, and quantities are limited. We're trying to get ahold of an illustration of the bonus disc and the special issue of EW, so check back at this news story for possible updates. Our thanks to the folks at Best Buy for their help and co-operation.
Old 11-16-04, 09:13 AM
Cool New Member

Well I pre-ordered the set slast night and saw this today and pre-ordered the "free" bonus disk...wel I will get 2 $10 digital coupons...
Old 11-16-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Does the online order w/digital bucks not allow in-store pickup? I would think you could bring them to the counter and try to get them with your purchase. Some might go for it if the stuff is still at the store.
Old 11-16-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
buford what do you refer to exactly?
the seinfeld sets?

you can't do in store pick up on pre-orders.
it's not in the store yet.
Old 11-16-04, 01:02 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can we just pick up the bonus disc by showing the online receipt that we purchased/preordered the set?
Old 11-16-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was referring to a pre-order. I didn't know you can't do in store pick up since I've never done a pre-order. Thanks.

I just thought that when it did get in they'd give a call.
Old 11-16-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
ah, i see.