Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

21 jumpstreet bad disc on #2

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-27-04, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else have any problems with this set. I got to the 2nd disc, 2nd episode and it breaks up. This is so annoying. Bought from DDD dont really want to wait and send it back anyone know who might take it back without a receipt just want an exchange. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-29-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Welcome to the forum, brendap60!

However, please note that the Reviews Forum is for disc reviews. General questions about DVDs should be asked in the main DVD Talk Forum.

Moving to DVD Talk Forum.

- David Stein
Old 10-29-04, 01:13 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have you tried it on another DVD player?
Old 10-29-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
My only problem thusfar has been the fact that at least some music has been changed. This show introduced me to one of my favorite bands, Concrete Blonde, and one of the episodes which features their music has had it taken out. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. As I recall, the show featured a lot of music and getting the rights to all of it would probably be a nightmare. It's still disappointing to me, though.
Old 10-29-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One thing I just noticed, on the menu for the episode "Next Generation", the clips are from the previous show "Blindsided".

K
Old 10-29-04, 09:54 PM

Only problem I noticed was a couple of (loud) audio pops on the Cannell interview in the extras.
Old 10-29-04, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by GoVegan
My only problem thusfar has been the fact that at least some music has been changed. This show introduced me to one of my favorite bands, Concrete Blonde, and one of the episodes which features their music has had it taken out. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. As I recall, the show featured a lot of music and getting the rights to all of it would probably be a nightmare. It's still disappointing to me, though.
Which episode are you talking about? I first learned about Concrete Blonde from 21 Jump Street too, From the Episode "God Is a Bullet", which wasn't a first Season Episode. Is it possible you're confusing it with another episode?

-jason
Old 11-01-04, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GoVegan
Aww, man. Are you talking about "God Is A Bullet"? That was the song that turned me on to Concrete Blonde, also.

I remember hearing that song on the show. If I recall correctly Johnny Depp (and another one of the cast members -- Holly Robinson?) were undercover posing as students. They played that song during that episode, I think.

Anyhow, I digress. I would've loved to hear it on dvd, while watching the show that introduced the band to me.

Did they substitute it with other songs ( a la Roswell), or is there just no music in it's place?
Old 11-01-04, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SlingshotBandit
If I recall correctly Johnny Depp (and another one of the cast members -- Holly Robinson?) were undercover posing as students. They played that song during that episode, I think.
That really narrows it down.

K
Old 11-01-04, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally posted by fuzzbox
Which episode are you talking about? I first learned about Concrete Blonde from 21 Jump Street too, From the Episode "God Is a Bullet", which wasn't a first Season Episode. Is it possible you're confusing it with another episode?

-jason
You're probably right. The episode God is a Bullet is the one in which I remember hearing Concrete Blonde being played. I was checking to see which season that episode was from and I found some Johnny Depp fansite which said that the episode Blindsided had music played by Concrete Blonde, but that person was probably just mistaken. I'd never seen that episode before, so I'm not sure if the music was originally different or not.
Old 11-01-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
That really narrows it down.

K
Haha!!

Ok. They specifically play that song while the camera scopes around the campus and shows all the various kids.

Damnit! Ok, how do you describe an episode of 21 Jump Street, other than the infamous "bitch" episode, or the one where Holly Robinson is raped? They all kinda sound the same when you describe 'em.