Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

movie character costume ideas?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-27-04, 03:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey anyone out there have any good ideas for movie costumes? A couple of years ago i was hunter S thompson from fear and loathing. It was a cool costume i dressed like him and carried an old typewriter. Just wondering if anyone have some cool ideas? This year i was considering being robert deniro in TAXI DRIVER when he goes crazy and has a mo hawk.
Old 10-27-04, 04:40 PM

smaller guy i take?

i'm going as Walter Sobchak from Big Lebowski.......as soon as i find some padding(i'm not that big in the gut)
Old 10-27-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made a really cool Ash costume from the Evil Dead trilogy. Just took a blue shirt, beat the crap out of it, tossed on a liberal amount of blood, made an S-mart name tag, and then duct taped one of the hands (I was too cheap to buy a toy-chainsaw, so I went with the short part in Evil Dead 2 when his hand is duct taped)
Old 10-27-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 10-27-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
I was Indiana Jones last year. went to goodwill got an old brown purse, cut a whole and thread some material to make a sort of pouch. I had a whip already, spray painted it brown. Bought a hat, had a brown jacket, threw some flour to make things look dusty. Made a cup out of paper towel rolls and brown paper bags. Bought a cap gun. Pretty easy, I did have to hunt all over town for it all though.