Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Just finished watching all of Angel (Spoilers)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Spoilers-

Thanks to the DVD sets and TNT reruns of the 5th season, i just finished watching the whole run of Angel in the past few months. The finale (which i watched during its first run, yet i was severly confused cause i was only up to the second season at the time) just reran on TNT today. One of the best series I've watched. I'm upset i didn't catch it earlier.

The highlights are definitly the Season 3/4 storyline. The show really became more about Wesley for me sometime towards the end of season 2. His character offered some of the best moments on the show without a doubt. It was really sad to see him go at the end. Seeing any new Buffyverse material would feel empty without him in it.

I didn't care for the addition of Spike. I enjoyed him a great deal on Buffy, and he was the star of the show for the last 3 seasons there. His involvement with Shanshu had to be addressed, but overall I felt his character ran it's course in Buffy. I'd welcome a Spike series, just to get more of anything.

As for the show's untimely exit. It fits the show. It sucks to see it go, but it works. It was never about the happy ending, or the complete resolution of things, so its fitting that the show sees the same sort of fate in reality. Better to go out amongst protest and admiration, than overstay your welcome like most of Buffy Season 6&7. The way people describe the post-apocalyptic plan for season 6 i'm almost glad it ended early. Overall a great series, and a great final episode.