Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Odd Terminator 3 question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm just now getting around to reading the T2 books written by S.M. Stirling. They pic up a few years after the movie T2 and have their own version of events leading up to a renewed skynet/judgement day. These were written before T3 was made. I rewatched T3 today and noticed there's some minor plot elements taken from these books.
So my question is, did S.M. Stirling get any type of credit or recognition or payment for the ideas they took from his work?

being almost finished with book 3 I wish they had made a formal agreement with Stirling and made T3 and T4 be direct movie versions of the 3 books
Old 10-26-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I doubt it. Most likely, the production company owned the intellectual property, not Stirling. Same thing with Stan Lee - he doesn't have to get credit for the Superhero movies with characters he had a hand in creating. Marvel owns the property. He recently sued over this.

Terminator flickmakers haven't been known to credit those they were ripping off, anyway...
Old 10-26-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Terminator flickmakers haven't been known to credit those they were ripping off, anyway...
At least not at first.... Right, Harlan?
Old 10-26-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by aintnosin
At least not at first.... Right, Harlan?
Hence the mention.