Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Legends, where are you?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am placing this thread here because I think that a HKL rep occassionally reads this forum. I am hoping for some
HELP.

I have sent several e-mails regarding an order I placed via the HKL website on September 9 and that I have not yet received. Payment was confirmed and my credit card was charged.

As far as I can figure, the HKL website has no way to track an order. I am a patient person, but this is getting ridiculous. I spent over $100 and I expect better customer service than this.

I sent an e-mail over 3 weeks ago and did receive a response; however, it appears to be a canned response and does not provide much helpful information. This is what the reply said (sent October 9):

"Dear Customer
We thank you for your recent email.
We are sorry that due to the extremely heavy demand for this
item there has been a delay in despatching your order.
However, we are pleased to inform you that your goods are being
despatched to you in the next 5-7 days.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
Regards

Gemma
Customer Services"

1) Notice that they do not refer to me by name or by order number.
2) What is "this item" that is causing the delay? I ordered 5 items, one of which was a multi-disc box set.
3) Nothing was despatched within 5-7 days, as far as I can tell.

If anyone here has a contact with HKL, please help me out. Subsequent e-mails have not been answered.

(I would not be nearly as concerned about this if my credit card had not been charged 6 weeks ago).

I don't think HKL is deliberately ripping me off; however, the lack of service on this order (not my first with them, by the way) has convinced me that I would be foolish to order through them again in the future.

The order # is 15852
Old 10-26-04, 09:33 AM

Did you send a mail to Lynn Shaw ? You'll find the email-address in the 'WorldPay CARD transaction Confirmation'-mail you received after successfully paying via credit card.
Old 10-26-04, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I had similar problems with them late last year. No DVDs, no response to emails, then finally a response claiming that the Royal Mail was the problem (meanwhile, orders from hmv.uk and amazon.co.uk both arrived in a timely manner). Eventually I received my DVDs (about 10 weeks after ordering!) and needless to say, I no longer order from them.
Old 10-26-04, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by dvdfriendly
Did you send a mail to Lynn Shaw ? You'll find the email-address in the 'WorldPay CARD transaction Confirmation'-mail you received after successfully paying via credit card.
Ok, I just did this. Thanks for the tip. Although it looks like this will put me on the path of a refund rather than getting my DVDs.

I'd rather have the DVDs than a refund.

I wish I knew if they have actually been sent and never arrived, or if they have not even been sent.
Old 10-26-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only ordered once from them before and I didn't have any problems. It was about 5 months ago.
Old 10-26-04, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by divemaster
Ok, I just did this. Thanks for the tip...
Sent : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:02 AM
To : (divemaster)
Subject : Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
[email protected]"

Uh, oh....
Old 10-26-04, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by divemaster
Sent : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:02 AM
To : (divemaster)
Subject : Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
[email protected]"

Uh, oh....

Yeah, I had that happen a few times. Not very encouraging, I know, but eventually a message will get through. That's not to say it will get answered any time soon .....
Old 10-27-04, 12:50 PM

things are looking up

I never did get anything but bounced e-mails from Lynn Shaw and the WorldPay people. However, after I cc's HKL on my latest attempt, I received the following:

----------------------------
Hi (divemaster)

I apologise for the poor customer services you have received so far. Basically what's happened is that a previous customer service company was handling all the customer services for this and they messed it up. We have now been brought in to sort out the messed they caused and have been working all week to get through the backlog of orders they have messed up.

I have checked your account and it looks like your order was being held because the Bruce Lee box set was out of stock. When the item came back into stock the previous company should have released it but they never did. I have now released your order and it will be sent to the dispatch company tonight.
It should then be shipped tomorrow and you should receive in within 2-5 days.

Regards

Ricky
---------------------------