Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Velvet Revolver Tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Velvet Revolver Tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 05:56 PM
FM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Velvet Revolver Tour

Anybody else check this out or plan to? I'm in Connecticut and I'm going to see them in Worcester, MA in a couple of weeks. I'm very bored up here, so what the hell? I like the CD, and I love STP's stuff, so it should be cool provided Scott shows up anywhere near sober.
Old 10-21-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
Already have my tickets for their November show here. I look forward to it. I never got to see Guns and I only saw STP once so here is my change to combine them.
Old 10-22-04, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed the CD quite a bit. Nothing deep or life changing but entertaining. The song "Superhuman" reminds me of my ex--especially that "keeping her face packed with cocaine" part.
Anyway, I got General Admission tix to the Philly show~looking forward to it.
Old 10-22-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just saw them perform a free show in L.A. about two weeks ago. The sound mix was ridiculously bad, but the show itself was fantastic. Since it was outdoors in a parking lot, I doubt any sound engineer could have done much to improve it. They played a 45 minute set and threw in "It's So Easy" and "Sex Type Thing". Looking forward to seeing them in a venue with proper acoustics.
Old 10-22-04, 02:26 PM

I saw them on their last tour. It was a good show, good ol' Rock show! Though I'd have to say the sound wasn't very good at the place, starting to think their sound engineer just sucks!!!
Old 10-22-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are they playing Michigan?
Old 10-22-04, 04:04 PM
FM

Originally posted by jay77
Are they playing Michigan?

I don't recall seeing any Michigan dates, but I wasn't really looking. I went to Ticket Master (I hate them!) for the tickets.

I'm hoping someone else from the CT/MA area will post that they're going - I know exactly one other person up here.
Old 10-22-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cyberock
I saw them on their last tour. It was a good show, good ol' Rock show! Though I'd have to say the sound wasn't very good at the place, starting to think their sound engineer just sucks!!!
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. When I saw them, Dvae Kushner's guitar was so high in the mix you couldn't even tell when Slash was playing a lead or a solo. Scott's vocals and the drums were okay. Duff sounded a little thin, too, IIRC.
Old 10-22-04, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by Jippy
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. When I saw them, Dvae Kushner's guitar was so high in the mix you couldn't even tell when Slash was playing a lead or a solo. Scott's vocals and the drums were okay. Duff sounded a little thin, too, IIRC.
I take it you were at the Wiltern show too?
Old 10-23-04, 02:28 AM

I'll be surprised as hell if Scott makes it through the entire tour.
Old 10-23-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cyberock
I take it you were at the Wiltern show too?
No, actually this was a free show they did about two weeks ago. It was in a parking lot just north of Amoeba Music. I attributed the bad sound mix to the environment (concrete buildings, metal roofs, parking structures, etc.) I'm shocked to hear the mix was the same at a normal indoor venue. At least I know I wasn't being overly critical now .
Old 10-23-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by SeekOnce
I'll be surprised as hell if Scott makes it through the entire tour.
Old 10-24-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw these guys last night at the Arizona State Fair. Not bad for $9.50. The Coliseum isn't known for it's acoustics and the sound came across as muddy, but the band put on a helluva show. They threw in the GNR classics "Used to Love Her" and "It's So Easy" and they did STP's "Sex Type Thing", which they rocked the hell out of at the end. This was better than STP's version! They also did a great version of the song "Set Me Free" from their album.

They only played for a little bit over an hour but I was impressed. Scott looked pretty good, he was jumping around all over the stage and Slash and Duff looked like they were having a great time. Slash was running everywhere around the stage.

If you get a chance to see these guys you shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 11-10-04, 01:50 PM
FM

The concert last night in Worcester was pretty cool (off topic: how the hell does anyone get Woosta out of that?). It was very loud!

I learned a valuable lesson: I'll never buy tickets for the floor area again. Besides being pushed around, I was surrounded by Cheech and Chong who although nice enough to offer their weed up to anyone who wanted it, weren't nice enough not to blow it all over me.

The song list was about the same as described above. At the end Slash threw his guitar picks into the audience - one of them got lost on the floor and in the mad rush to find it I spotted it in an empty beer cup. Score! One of the thrown drum sticks was temporarily lost after bouncing off of some guys head. All in all, a good time. More STP would have been nice, but the VR songs kicked serious ass.
Old 11-10-04, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They ARE playing Michigan, on Tuesday the 23rd of November at the Emerald Theatre (I believe it's in Detroit or Pontiac).

HOWEVER, from what I see, tix are only available from WRIF (Detroit rock station).

DAMMIT!