Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Vanuatu 10/21/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Vanuatu 10/21/04

Feeling vulnerable, one castaway gives an impassioned, persuasive speech in hopes of breaking the tribe's alliances.

In a piglet-herding Reward Challenge, could one tribe's chance of winning be hurt by a member's fear of handling pigs?

Things get very relaxed at one camp, where one castaway decides to do some nude sunbathing, and a walk to gather food fuels an alliance.

Conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council, one castaway prays for a sign to guide the decision. POOF! The sign appears.

So, who is out tonight?
Old 10-21-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it's Rory. He really bugs me for some reason.
And after what I saw in the preview
Spoiler:
Rory giving that speech to the girls

maybe I'll get my wish
Old 10-21-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if I'm burnt out on the concept, seen it all before, or what but this show is boring me to tears. Might have to drop it.
Old 10-21-04, 08:17 PM

Do that then.

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. Not feeling Ami's insane mood swings though. What was that?
Old 10-21-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Ami might take over Lex's title as the most paranoid Survivor ever.

Not the best season at all, but this was probably the best episode thus far.

And did anyone else catch Jeff's comment when awarding immunity that the tribe was safe for at least one more night?
Old 10-21-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Ami is so hot.

That is all.
Old 10-21-04, 09:32 PM

Timber: Ami is so hot.

Ami: What's that supposed to mean? I'm hot? Like you're going to burn me? Well you're not going to get the chance. BAN THIS GUY. NOW.

Timber: But...but...I just meant....

Moderators: Sorry Timber but this isn't the place for comments like that. You're outta here.

Ami: Mwahahahahahahaha!
Old 10-21-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah that was some serious overreacting by Ami. But how pathetic was Leann?! Come on people! If you can't swim, please do not apply for this game. I thought the challenges tonight were much improved from the same old crap we usually see. The pig wrestling reward challenge was awesome!

Off topic: I am a little tired of folks coming into the weekly survivor threads talking about how boring the show is and how they are giving it up. It's getting old. Peace.
Old 10-21-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Lisa's dumbass won't be missed, but I was hoping Eliza would have gotten the boot.

SunMonkey - I noticed Probst said one more day, too.
Old 10-22-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I loved that pig challenge.

Julie sunbathing was a pleasant site

In a wierd way, I'm rooting for Rory now. He's proven to be useful on a team of all women.

I don't think that Eliza is gonna last much longer. She was pretty useless today.
Old 10-22-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by taa455

Off topic: I am a little tired of folks coming into the weekly survivor threads talking about how boring the show is and how they are giving it up. It's getting old. Peace.
Seen every single episode of Survivor since the first season. This is easily the worst one yet. Booooooooooooring.
Old 10-22-04, 08:29 AM
Banned

I'm still hoping that Rory will get the boot sometime soon. Women were stupid for breaking their alliance.

Good episiode. I enjoyed the pig capture. Looked like fun.
Old 10-22-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by atlantamoi
Seen every single episode of Survivor since the first season. This is easily the worst one yet. Booooooooooooring.
Why do people consistently watch shows that they don't like? Flip the channel, read a book or at least stop bitchin' on the internet about it. You don't have to like the show to contribute to a thread about it but at least contribute something.
Old 10-22-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
The ass-tanner is pretty good looking. First time I really noticed her.

Those were 2 of the best challenges I've seen on the show. That looked like a very exhausting immunity challenge. Finally, a decent reward for the reward challenge.

Still, these people are pretty damn boring. I still hardly remember any of their names. They are that forgettable.
Old 10-22-04, 09:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Survivor: Vanuatu 10/21/04

Originally posted by jay77
Conflicted over how to vote in the upcoming Tribal Council, one castaway prays for a sign to guide the decision. POOF! The sign appears.
I don't remember this happening at all.
Old 10-22-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rory impressed me with his strategy but he's not out of the woods yet. The water challenge was excellent and Ami's "who can I scapegoat to keep Rory around?" strategy was interesting, although if Eliza had gone on the same night as Stacy on the Apprentice it would have been banner TV for getting rid of annoying idiots.
Old 10-22-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jay77
Why do people consistently watch shows that they don't like? Flip the channel, read a book or at least stop bitchin' on the internet about it. You don't have to like the show to contribute to a thread about it but at least contribute something.
You know.... If you don't like the season and find it boring, fine, express yourselves. But to have the same people each week gripe about it. There are more posts discussing hhow boring the season is, worst season ever, etc., rather than actually discussing the show...it's tiresome.
Old 10-22-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I never liked Rory either,but after last episode I find myself rooting for the guy now.Although i am still pulling for Julie to win.
Old 10-22-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
ami pics?
Old 10-22-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DaveNinja
ami pics?
what? the playboy ones?
Old 10-22-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Have I mentioned lately how much I love the beauty that is Julie?
Old 10-22-04, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Survivor: Vanuatu 10/21/04

Originally posted by Groucho
I don't remember this happening at all.

I don't either, I thought I just spaced out or something and missed it. I guess it wasn't me spacing out, but it just didn't happen.
Old 10-22-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Eliza is a pathetic contestant, but Ami was able to parlay her weakness (and Leanne's) into getting rid of Lisa. Nice job. I can't stand Rory's proclamation, but he caught a break when Lisa's passive aggressive nature got her in hot water with Ami, and Rory was saved for another day.

From the way Jeff was talking, the very next day might be an elimination day (instead of the typical 3 days in between immunity challeges and tribal councils). Looks like the merge is looming just around the corner, or at least living conditions.
Old 10-22-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eliza may be a pathetic contestant, but she has nice tits. That's ok in my book.
Old 10-22-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by iggystar
You know.... If you don't like the season and find it boring, fine, express yourselves. But to have the same people each week gripe about it. There are more posts discussing hhow boring the season is, worst season ever, etc., rather than actually discussing the show...it's tiresome.
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but my post earlier was the first time I posted in the survivor thread. I thought the season started out ok, but wasn't taken enough by it to come here and post. Didn't like last night ep at all and felt like saying so, so I did. I do know what you mean though (same thing goes on in any and every smallville thread).

And as jay77 asked, why watch a show you don't like? I like the show in general, but don't really care much for this season. That conclusion can't really be reached right off the bat though, as each season has a new cast of people whom you have to get to know before you realize it isn't for you. Kind of like Real World or any other reality show really, y'know? I've given other seasons of Survivor a chance only to stop watching because I don't much like the people (or just need a break from the show). Wasn't trying to come in here and rain on the thread. Just thought I was free to post what I thought.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.