Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Stage Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 10:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Stage Beauty

The trailer looked initially interesting, but after surviving, er seeing this film, I have to say it really didn't impress me. For all the pre-requisite British actors flitting in and out of the film, I was surprised how all the flowery language seemed really forced and just vapid. Claire Daines does a commendable job, but Billy Crudup seems a tad miscast. For a film that is 10 minutes shy of two hours, it still seems too long, and ultimately really much ado about nothing ( )
Old 10-21-04, 10:14 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I had the opportunity to see an advance screening of this a few weeks back, but was unable to make it. I have heard plenty of mixed reviews on this, but still want to see it since I try to see anything that Billy Crudup is in. I'll just go into it with lower expectations now
Old 10-21-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
I had the opportunity to see an advance screening of this a few weeks back, but was unable to make it. I have heard plenty of mixed reviews on this, but still want to see it since I try to see anything that Billy Crudup is in. I'll just go into it with lower expectations now

Same here - I've been a big fan of his ever since seeing him on stage in 1995. I must admit the cool reviews have dampened my enthusiasm a bit, but I definitely will go see it.
Old 10-21-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear Claire Danes gets naked, so I'll be checking this out one way or the other.
Old 10-22-04, 10:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
I hear Claire Danes gets naked, so I'll be checking this out one way or the other.
yeah a quick tit flash.