Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly: Special Edition ($7.50!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, as was posted in another thread, the Target paper has a few $7.50 DVDs listed this week, which is pretty normal. However, when I actually got the paper this morning, the version of TGTBTU listed, with a picture, is the 2-Disc special edition in the hard case. I couldn't believe it, but I figured I'd go to WalMart this morning, in Seneca, SC, when they opened and try to price match.

Anyway, they ended up price matching it for me. The normal price at WaMart is $21.xx so picking it up for only $7.50 is a great deal.

As alway YMMV, but I see no reason why they wouldn't price match for you since the picture listed in the ad for $7.50 is indeed the special edition. Here is a scan of the ad that I got this morning.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/6025/TargetAd.jpg

Happy price matching!

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 10-17-04 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-17-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy has this for $22. $22 - $7.50 = $14.50. Pricematching saves you an additional $1.45. Circuit City's price is a dollar more, which translates to another dime saved.
Old 10-17-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks Brent for putting this to my attention.

I am about to go to wal-mart and price match Ren and Stimpy from Target. Will try this as well.

I'll let everyone know if I am successful, too.
Old 10-17-04, 01:50 PM

I price matched Good, Bad and Ugly at Circuit City and walked out with a copy in my hand for only $6.63!

This just made my day!
Old 10-17-04, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would have went to CC or Best Buy myself to PM, but I didn't want to have to drive all the way to Anderson, SC to do so (it's where Target is also), as it's about 30 minutes away from me, and I have a WalMart just minutes up the road from me.

I don't think it was worth it to go the extra way just to save $1, seeing how gas alone might use up more than that.
Old 10-17-04, 02:57 PM

Can I walk into Target and pick up one of these flyers?
Old 10-17-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got it for $6.25 + tax after PMing at CC. Didn't even have to show the flyer. Excellent deal if you can get it.
Old 10-17-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All over this, thanks or the scan Brent.
Old 10-17-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Brent, I know what you mean.

Circuit City, Best Buy, AND TARGET are all the way on the East side of Greenville. I live near Furman, so I just went to the Wal-Mart on White Horse road.

Went to the electronics, got the dvd and went to the electronics checkout. The lady couldn't believe the price! She was like "It's the same thing! OH!"

She needed a manager's override to put the price match in, the manager came back didn't even look at the target ad. Just put her override key in the register and I was out of their with Ren and Stimpy and TGBATU for about 30 bucks. YAH!
Old 10-17-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Neuman
Can I walk into Target and pick up one of these flyers?
You should be able to. They are usually right as you walk in. If you can't find it ask an employee or go to Customer Sevice.
Old 10-17-04, 03:32 PM

Target is always messing up and doing this,sometimes i wonder if they do it on purpose then stock one or 2 per store then make the other stores price match it
Old 10-17-04, 03:45 PM

Thanks OP! I'm in for one.
Old 10-17-04, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Got one through PM at Wal-Mart. Initially the cashier was accusing me that the page with the DVD prices was not part of the Target Ad since that particular section is longer than the rest of the AD. Before I made a big deal of it, a manager came a long and said that there was no problem price matching it and that it was in the Target ad.
Old 10-17-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by NEUMANN
Target is always messing up and doing this,sometimes i wonder if they do it on purpose then stock one or 2 per store then make the other stores price match it
I always wonder that too. Doesn't matter to me when I walk out of BB with GBU for only $6.05 + tax
Old 10-17-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot to mention one thing.

When I was at WalMart, a manager did have to do an override, but I guess that's normal. When he noticed the difference in price however he told the normal clerk at the register that they "better take the other ones off of the shelf".

I guess he could have been joking, but I don't know for sure.
Old 10-17-04, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts
Originally posted by tacodog022
I price matched Good, Bad and Ugly at Circuit City and walked out with a copy in my hand for only $6.63!

This just made my day!
You're mixing Eastwood characters now.
Old 10-17-04, 05:23 PM

PM at CC w/out hassle - sweet deal!
Old 10-17-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I PMed at CC as well. Awesome deal, thanks OP.
Old 10-17-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sweet find, Brent.

I already own this, but if i didn't, you better believe i'd be all over this.
Old 10-17-04, 06:12 PM

Well I had quite a little adventure at Circuit City. I brought the circular up to the register and told the guy at the counter I wanted to price match. He scanned the DVD and said "It's $21.xx" I say, "No, I mean I want to match prices with this circular". He looks at the circular and says "This is a flyer from Target." I said that I obviously knew that. He tried to explain to me that Target and Circuit City were not affiliated with each other. I then realized that this guy had no idea what a price-match even was. I asked to speak to a manager. He tried calling but apparantly the phone just kept ringing. He said I could just go back to customer service, which I did.

I showed the lady the flyer, and she walked into the back room with the DVD. She came out and told me that they couldn't price match it, BECAUSE THE PRICE WAS TOO LOW! I say "Well that's what price-matching is, if Target's prices are too low, that means your prices are too high". I point to the sign on the wall that says "If you make a purchase, and then find a lower price elsewhere, just bring in the receipt and the flyer etc..." I tell her that if I purchase this for $21.xx, then walk out of the store and come back in, she would have to give me the difference plus 10% anyway. So she goes into the back room again, and comes back out. She says her manager said she could do it, and for me to "calm down". She rings me up and the total is $6.25. As she is about to hand me my change, she looks closely at the ad for a few seconds and says "It's not even the same version, but I don't even care". Before I can even argue, she gives me my change, and gets on the phone. So I take my receipt and walk to the front of the store, where the original cashier I talked to is standing. The bitch at customer service didn't give me a bag, so I ask him for one, and inform him that they did the pricematch for me, and I got the dvd for $6.25. He says something like "Wow, that's awesome man." and I walk out. The end.
Old 10-17-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yet another story of morons who work in retail.

I hate it for anyone who doesn't agree, but there is NOT an excuse for such foolishness.
Old 10-17-04, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by Neuman
The bitch at customer service
There's no need for that.
Old 10-17-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by illennium
There's no need for that.

Sounds like a typical "bitch" to me...
Old 10-17-04, 07:52 PM

I tried to PM at walmart but the manager got picky and point out the R-restriction (theirs did not have the R-restriction on the side) and "informed" me that theirs was the collectors edition and the one in the ad did not say collector's edition! I know and you know that the collector's edition cover was the one pictured in the ad! I would have cause a uproar but find that it is just not worth it. If they don't want my $7.50, fine. I can always CH for 7.16, w/ free shipping, maybe less, besides I am in need of selections to fulfill an order at CH. I still have my original triology. To all those you did pm at CC, great job. I am happy for everyone who got in on this deal! BTW, anytime you PM at walmart and it is over 10$ difference, then a manager has to approve or so I was told today!
Old 10-17-04, 07:55 PM

Anyone find one at a Target store?

I posted in the Target Ad thread also.

I went to 2 superstores and 1 regular (all by 8:30EST) and none of them had the movie.
It was odd at the first one since I was waiting outside and no one else was there to grab them all, but once I went to the others I realized that Target knew of their mistake.

I would have been happy to see only one on the shelf, but no. They pulled them all.

I eventually went to Walmart and PM'd. Having almost as much difficulty as the above poster at Circuit City. But I got it and am happy, but not with Target.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.