Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Don't you just hate it when CUT SCENES are published before a Movie's release ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-14-04, 03:10 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Take this Team America movie

Looks cool but when i see it , all i am gonna be thinking about is that i am missing out on my beloved puppet love and can't wait till the unrated dvd comes out.

Whereas if this info wasn't made generally available while the movie was on at the movies, then you see the movie, enjoy it then if the info comes to light a few months later, you can look forward to the dvd.

I have this thing about hating missing out on stuff, that's why i hate censorship so much.
Old 10-14-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they want you to buy the product. So making you want something is a Good thing for them.

I have this thing about hating missing out on stuff, that's why i hate censorship so much.
It's not fuck'n censorship for fucks sake. This is as far from censorship as possible. GAAAAHHHH!!
Old 10-14-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Instead of calling it "censorship" you should call it:
"The MPAA has their heads up their asses, and the film-makers don't want to release a NC-17 film, which would be a death knell at the box office!"
But of course that's way too long, so you could call it "deleted scenes that will be on the DVD" and be happy.
Old 10-14-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The fact that puppet-love was filmed at all is disturbing.
Old 10-14-04, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't see how 'puppet love' could be disturbing. It is too off beat and outrageous. Thus it would be funny,not creepy or unsettling.

The fact that they are puppets with no working sex organs,also makes the cutting down of the sequence laughable...and just shows how much the MPAA fears sexuality,even when it is puppets(or dolls) simulating sexuality.

But this is Paramount,so I doubt we will see an unrated dvd
Old 10-14-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Julie Walker
I don't see how 'puppet love' could be disturbing. It is too off beat and outrageous. Thus it would be funny,not creepy or unsettling.

The fact that they are puppets with no working sex organs,also makes the cutting down of the sequence laughable...and just shows how much the MPAA fears sexuality,even when it is puppets(or dolls) simulating sexuality.

But this is Paramount,so I doubt we will see an unrated dvd
while, they may not have "working sex organs", there is supposingly hardcore sex indeed, which is a no no in terms of the mpaa, where this scene would have to be cut all together if it were live action.
Old 10-15-04, 02:57 PM

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by Rypro 525
while, they may not have "working sex organs", there is supposingly hardcore sex indeed, which is a no no in terms of the mpaa, where this scene would have to be cut all together if it were live action.
I guess Meet the Feebles was unrated...
Old 10-15-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How cut was it? 'Cause in the film, it's pretty damn hilarious.
Old 10-15-04, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I've read, it involved scat, golden showers, and a money shot. I'm actually happy it WAS cut. :P
Old 10-15-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The puppet sex is the movie is hilarious, but I would have loved to see the extra stuff that was cut.
Old 10-15-04, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
But you SEE cut scenes all the time in trailers.
Old 10-15-04, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by devilshalo
But you SEE cut scenes all the time in trailers.
Showing how widespread censorship is.
Old 10-15-04, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is some salad tossing which was cut from the movie (No Audio)

clip
Old 10-15-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Duder
Showing how widespread censorship is.
I know you are kidding with that comment, but I just got to hit hard on that point. What the MPAA does is not censorship. The creators have the option to change or not change any suggestions made by them to the film makers about the product. It's their choice to do it. Sure they have the whole NC-17 above their head if they don't. But guess what, that's part of working in this business. Every thing needs to have some regulations to some degree and it is not anywhere near censorship.
Old 10-15-04, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I know you are kidding with that comment, but I just got to hit hard on that point. What the MPAA does is not censorship. The creators have the option to change or not change any suggestions made by them to the film makers about the product. It's their choice to do it. Sure they have the whole NC-17 above their head if they don't. But guess what, that's part of working in this business. Every thing needs to have some regulations to some degree and it is not anywhere near censorship.
It's true what the MPAA does is not censorship. If anything, blame the studios and theaters and advertisers for refusing to let NC-17 be a viable rating, henceforth the complete lack of...well...NC-17 films. If the NC-17 rating would haave even one film to be a success on a larger scale (something Showgirls missed the mark on) then you might be able to see more material.

Now personally I think the NC-17 rating should be abolished, and the R rating should be well...everything and up. In general, ratings are designed for protection of kids, and R rated movies are adult movies. So, I think it should encompass the entire spectrum from films with a few curse words and mild violence to the most tawdry sexually filled film ever. That's my opinion, don't see it happening.

Nonetheless, there's a lot more blame to spread around besides the MPAA for the strictness of towards films. But it ain't censorship.