Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

"New" Duran Duran

Old 10-12-04, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"New" Duran Duran

I saw the video for the new DD song this past week and found it quite good so I downloaded a couple album tracks to sample. It sounded pretty good so I ordered the cd with the bonus DVD. Anybody know what is on the DVD??
b.
Old 10-12-04, 01:42 PM

Mostly live footage and behind the scenes stuff from their Wembley show. I also think the new music video is included. I picked up mine today, but I haven't had a chance to view it yet.
Old 10-12-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a long time Duran fan, seen them at least 5 or 6 times in concert (including last year's reunion warmup tour). I had high hopes that their first new album since reforming would harken a bit back to the old formula and sound. Unfortunately, the new album Astronaut is a mixed bag and a bit of a disappointment. The first few songs are good, the last few suck and suck hard. I'd give it a 5/10. I'll still catch them on the supporting tour, though. Always a great live show.
Old 10-12-04, 11:06 PM

cool, thanks
b.
Old 10-15-04, 11:04 AM
Banned

Bought it yesterday and I've given it a few spins. I really can't get into it. LOVE the lead single...but prefer the remix that was released months ago. And there are a couple of songs that are kinda catchy...but nothing memorable. A few others are lackluster. Disappointed.
Old 10-15-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well as long as this album is connected with a tour, I'm happy. I've never had a chance to see them in concert.

Sorry to hear the leukwarm reviews though.
Old 10-15-04, 01:09 PM

I'm really starting to get into the CD. Upon first listen, it starts to drag at the end, but those songs are beginning to grow on me. It's on permanent rotation for me. There's only one song I don't care for, "Bedroom Toys". What they were thinking with that one, I'll never know.