Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams 10/10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
American Dreams 10/10/04

Well, it looks like something might be brewing between JJ and the Vietnamese gal. JJ had to talk down one of his fellow soldiers who got a "Dear John" letter and he didn't take it so well, even lying about the acceptance of his marriage proposal.

Meg breaks into the school records with the bad boy next door in return for him getting boys to attend her casting pitch for the Henry V play she's directing. Meg decides to go with updating the story to current day and the situation in Vietnam.

Sam's sister sees a stabbing in broad daylight, and has a hard time dealing with it. Sam has to cancel his date with the tutor girl, and she is sympathetic with the sitaution.

Jack, after his cop brother begs him not to go talk with Henry's church for support in his campaign, decides to talk to the church. Jack even turns his back on the police chief after some shadiness kept some cops out of being held responsible for some unrest in the black community.

Patty's insistence that Donald be invited to dinner at the Pryors has Donald showing Helen more of his mechanisms for coping with keeping up the charade of courting a female friend as his girlfriend so his family and acquaintances don't give him a hard time for his sexual orientation. Helen finally sees some of the hardships society's expectations places on Donald's life.

Beth seems to be getting closer to the bar's singer.

So many subplots, don't know how they manage to squeeze them all in an episode each week.
Old 10-11-04, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my favorite shows. I liked the episode but wasn't as good as the first few this season.

They better not fuck with JJ in Vietnam.
Old 10-12-04, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: American Dreams 10/10/04

Originally posted by Patman

So many subplots, don't know how they manage to squeeze them all in an episode each week.

I don't know either.

The Jack/Henry storyline continues to be the best though.