TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice 10/7/2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Apprentice 10/7/2004

Pamela was fired!?!

Trump seems to be systematically eliminating the best people. Was he this batshit crazy last season? I didn't watch.

The women seem to be purposefully trying to make sure they all get fired. They seem more interested in their own petty rivalries than in winning these tasks.
Old 10-07-04, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's insane. I can't stand him.
Old 10-07-04, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't agree with his decision either. Pamela was an excellent leader in my opinion, but she was an outsider to the group, and easily expendable.
Old 10-07-04, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That was just wrong. wrong wrong wrong. Damn it. The harpies set pam up to lose. She brought them closer to winning than they have ever been and they turn on her because she told them what to do. She knew them for 2 hours and relied on them to actually do what they said they could, and when they couldn't (Maria) they blamed Pam.

Goodbye Pamela, you were my favorite Amazon warrior princess.

D
Old 10-07-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought she was way too bossy and stubborn. None of the women are really all that strong though.
Old 10-07-04, 10:03 PM
Mod Emeritus

He's really inconsistent this year. He doesn't fire the horrible leaders for the jobs they do wrong. Then he fires a good leader for losing the task. There's no way of knowing if the price was too low.

Why did they go by gross profit anyway? Net profit seems more important, especially since they picked their own price points.

Tiny Stacy sucks.
Old 10-07-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This show sucks. George gives a glowing review and Trump fires her for the opposite reasons. She knew the woman for a total of 1 hour before she had to assign tasks. I love the argument, "she didn't assign anything for herself to do." How about supervising you whiny little back stabbing bitches!!! Also, the why did you bring so and so argument. There are only 5 fuckups on the team and she brought 2 biggest and has to answer for it? Stacy is a back stabbing bitch and Maria is a fucking moron, that's the reason why tehy were brought in. "Oh, I didn't like Pam leadership style, she was too tough. She's my age and telling me what to do. I would much rather have the absolute clown fuck situations that occured in the previous tasks than have a strong leader whip our asses into shape."

I hate this damn show.
Old 10-07-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't have a clue what Trump was thinking and I agree the real test should be net profit. That would have rightfully changed the outcome.

George had it right in the board room and Trump completely ignored him.
Old 10-07-04, 11:36 PM

While overall Pamela is definitely more able then most on Apex, in this task she set the price too high, came across wrong to her team, and didn't change Maria out when she could have. After the rehearsal, Maria obviously showed that this wasn't her forte. Pamela should have jumped in and scrubbed some walls, and maybe she wouldn't have been fired.
Old 10-07-04, 11:59 PM

I think Trump is basically chosing the smartest and best people from Apex and systematically eliminating them so the following week we can see more exciting and hilarious cat fights.

Well, its the reason why I watch the show.
Old 10-08-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JayPen
Pamela should have jumped in and scrubbed some walls, and maybe she wouldn't have been fired.
Or even more impressively, some ceilings.
Old 10-08-04, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
All they had to sell was ONE more sponge to win .

One.

Old 10-08-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by neiname
This show sucks. George gives a glowing review and Trump fires her for the opposite reasons. She knew the woman for a total of 1 hour before she had to assign tasks. I love the argument, "she didn't assign anything for herself to do." How about supervising you whiny little back stabbing bitches!!! Also, the why did you bring so and so argument. There are only 5 fuckups on the team and she brought 2 biggest and has to answer for it? Stacy is a back stabbing bitch and Maria is a fucking moron, that's the reason why tehy were brought in. "Oh, I didn't like Pam leadership style, she was too tough. She's my age and telling me what to do. I would much rather have the absolute clown fuck situations that occured in the previous tasks than have a strong leader whip our asses into shape."

I hate this damn show.
I agree with you. George basically said that Pamela was a great leader and Trump totally ignored him....Carolyn basically agreed too. After he fired Pamela, George ddin't say a single word to Trump. On the other hand, Carolyn was on Trump's nuts again saying that he did the right thing.

Lil Stacy is a troll. She has zero business experience....she's a freakin' lawyer...she's gotta go.

Maria blinks like 10 times more than a normal human.

However, I still like this show...it's getting funny.

In regards to pricing, I agreed with Raj, that when you set a price you need to set it a lil lower than some threshhold. I think that $69.99 would've been a good price.

The girls should've sold their product at $24.99 or something like that.

Also, to me the guys are pretty forgettable. I can only remember Raj, Andy, and Kevin. The rest are all the same to me.
Old 10-08-04, 12:50 AM

As i said before, this is turning into The Benefactor. Trump seems like he's getting more and more random about his decisions. Pamela didn't assess the strengths of her team? In the whole hour or two that you gave her before the challenge?

If you think about it, Trump basically gave Apex the win no matter what. If Apex won the contest, a guy would be booted. And if Apex lost, he'd kick off the person who was never really ON the Apex team in the first place.

Now, about the other important part of the show:
Anna...
Old 10-08-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I gotta disagree with everyone here. I really liked that episode. The Raj vs Anna stuff was totally classic. While microStacy is annoying as hell, she wasn't the reason they lost. Neither was Maria the epileptic mannequin. Give a choice of those two or the project leader, who picked the too high price point, made unilateral decisions, alienated her entire team from the get go and then stubbonly refused to even acknowledge the defeat ("We did not lose in Vietnam; it was a tie!"), who else could Trump have chosen? I agree it was a totally shitty position to put Pamela into, being the newcomer and forced to be the PM for the second time, right away, but that doesn't change the facts of that particular boardroom.

Why would anyone want to buy 30 magic erasers? If you really needed one, you could go to the store and get one for 2 or 3 bucks without paying shipping costs or waiting. Who are these couch-potato housewives who need an endless supply of these things. It's time they took the crayons away from their kids! I was flabbergasted that they moved 600 of those units.

And the reason they didn't use net profit (or any profit for that matter, it was gross sales) was that it would have revealed on National TV how much mark up QVC puts on a product. If it's shown that QVC pays $18.50 for each one of those grills that they're selling for $71, how many units do you think they are going to move on October 11th?
Old 10-08-04, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I watched the ep and couldn't help but thinking Pam came off totally wrong to those girls. Granted, you aren't there to make friends, but she was just way too abrasive. The way she was talking to people was just a little bit too extreme. Ice queen for sure.

It was lame for Trump to talk about the girls getting blown out when they lost by $10. And really the guys price point could have been wrong in the real world. If they priced it at $65 or something maybe they would have moved 200 more units. I would love to see the all mighty Carolyn head up a team for a week so they could lose too.

Little Stacy sucks and her always carrying some legal pads and stuff into the board room irritates me. Actually none of the girls seem capable to run a large business. All so petty or fragile. I was sure Trump would try to take a woman to the last two this year, but I think there's going to be another guy vs guy deal in the finale.
Old 10-08-04, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The tennis portion was the best part ever on the Apprentice for pure goofy fun.

We all do realize how many times Trump has filed for some form of bankruptcy protection, right?

Blonde Jennifer is probably the best of the women. I have no idea who's the strongest of the men, except that Raj seems to always find a way to stand out and get noticed.
Old 10-08-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone else think that it is kind of wierd that they were only beat by $10? sounds a litle fishy
Old 10-08-04, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anna k and johnny mac.. how could you go wrong? heck, they should have their own show (that isn;t on msnbc and sucks)

Originally posted by Patman
The tennis portion was the best part ever on the Apprentice for pure goofy fun.

Old 10-08-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought Pamela did a great job in getting those whiney gals in line.

It will be interesting to see who they turn on next....hopefully it will be that tiny troll Stacy, beautiful but incompetent Maria, or Ivana who is in constant denial of her own fuck ups...acutally, they are all in denial of their own fuck ups.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 10-08-04 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-08-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
"F" Trump!!

Let's see ... you add a new player to the team - who brings them closer to a win than they ever have been.. she takes charge, George and Carolyn like her and say she is a "good strong leader."

Now she brings Maria back into the board room! Trump sees that Maria has been in the board room 3 times !! Now this does not send up a red flag to trump - here Maria is AGAIN and this woman is working with her for the first time - maybe she is a problem.

I agree - this should have been on Net Profits! I would have sold the grills at $9.95 - and sold them out of everything they had.. I would have a huge loss - but who cares I would file bankruptcy --- The Trump Way!!
Old 10-08-04, 09:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't understand the Pamela love. The best thing you can say about her is that she drove the team into a brick wall...BUT SHE DIDN'T BLINK!

Spoiler:
Aplogies to Jon Stewart
Old 10-08-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
I'm not surprised Pamela was fired. I knew she was goner when she kept insisting that they tied. Now, I didn't go to Harvard, but that ain't what Trump wanted to hear. Remember what happened to Bradford? One stupid remark in the boardroom, and your ass is grass in this game.

But on the other hand, I also agree that Trump is firing the more capable people early. I don't think he's looking for capable people, but going for shock and sensation instead. We all know Trump has an ego bigger than God's, and he wants nothing more than to be famous... being a successful businessman is only a means to that end.

Raj. Raj is awesome. Burnett wasted him on "The Apprentice," and should've put him on "Survivor." (And that show has the lamest bunch yet.)

Stacy. At first I thought she was a Hobbit, but I think she gets tinier and tinier each week. When she gets fired, George is going to have to carry her out to the taxi in a tea cup.
Old 10-08-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still can't believe Trump said "or your ass is grass" on national TV. What a dork!
Old 10-08-04, 11:13 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Little Stacy should of been the one that was fired. I don't think a women is going to win this one. Pamela did pretty good actually.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.