Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-05-04, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(apologies if this has already been mentioned)

from IGN:

October 04, 2004 - The rumor mill sure got to work while yours truly was on vacation. First up was an item posted on The Digital Bits stating that 20th Century Fox and Mike Judge have finally passed the peace pipe and have begun work on a long-awaited Office Space: Special Edition DVD.

Office Space is one of the most requested titles among our slightly out-of-date What's Up With…? list. After both sides refused to back down, an agreement was reached, and the disc is tentatively due for release in early 2005.
Old 10-05-04, 01:18 AM

If just two things are added as extras, I'll be a happy man:

1) The Milton animated shorts Mike Judge created.

2) AC with Mike Judge, Stephen Root, Ron Livingston, Ajay Naidu, Gary Cole and David Herman.
Old 10-05-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow.

I can only hope it really happens.....and happens soon.
Old 10-05-04, 02:13 AM

Hopefully they'll jam pack it with extras. Most of all I'm hoping for a commentry with Mike Judge.
Old 10-05-04, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hope it pans out...would definately upgrade
Old 10-05-04, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Fox double dips? TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!!!111
Old 10-05-04, 07:08 AM

I'll believe it when it's in my hands.
Old 10-05-04, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
dupe
Old 10-05-04, 08:42 AM

Re: Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

Originally posted by iamOrokoSaki
(apologies if this has already been mentioned)

from IGN:

October 04, 2004 - The rumor mill sure got to work while yours truly was on vacation. First up was an item posted on The Digital Bits stating that 20th Century Fox and Mike Judge have finally passed the peace pipe and have begun work on a long-awaited Office Space: Special Edition DVD.

Office Space is one of the most requested titles among our slightly out-of-date What's Up With…? list. After both sides refused to back down, an agreement was reached, and the disc is tentatively due for release in early 2005.

There is thread on this exact topic already. Type Office Space in the search window it is the first thread that comes up. Its a pain in the A$$ when there are multiple threads on the same exact topic. Here is the original thread. Try Using It, It won't hurt.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1
Old 10-05-04, 01:40 PM

Re: Re: Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

Originally posted by SWR 1
There is thread on this exact topic already. Type Office Space in the search window it is the first thread that comes up. Its a pain in the A$$ when there are multiple threads on the same exact topic. Here is the original thread. Try Using It, It won't hurt.

Yes, I can see why this is such a huge deal. I'd get worked up about it too.
Old 10-05-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm no mod, but considering how much this forum has waited for this release, I think a release confirmation deserves it's own thread outside of one titled "Office Space SE - Is it ever gonna happen?" that's been floating around for a few weeks. Climb down off that high horse!
Old 10-05-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want a TPS report with my DVD.
Old 10-05-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Uhm, yeeeeaaahhhh. Did you get the memo?
Old 10-05-04, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Its a pain in the A$$ when there are multiple threads on the same exact topic. Here is the original thread. Try Using It, It won't hurt.
a thread asking about comfirmation and a thread about comfirmation could be considered different things.

If I saw the old thread bumped I would have figued it would be filled with just more of "I would love to get a SE out" instead I'm more likely to open a thread that states it's greenlighted.

Get the difference?
Old 10-05-04, 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

Originally posted by SMB-IL
I'm no mod, but considering how much this forum has waited for this release, I think a release confirmation deserves it's own thread outside of one titled "Office Space SE - Is it ever gonna happen?" that's been floating around for a few weeks. Climb down off that high horse!
If anyone checked the "Office Space SE - Is it ever gonna happen?" thread they would see that since the dvds confirmation that the thread has been about the definite release of Office Space not whether its still a rumor. I am not on any high horse, its just common sense to check for other threads before starting a new thread that is giving the same information that has already been rehashed numerous times in the previous thread. If you think that is being on a high horse then great, I think its just being courteous. I have done the same thing in the past until I was told by another member to look before starting a thread. I didn't take offense to the suggestion instead I took the advice to heart. Everyone makes mistakes, only some people learn from them.
Old 10-05-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I gave up on the other thread ages ago. It was too depressing. I'm thankful for another thread.
Old 10-05-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Re: Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

If anyone checked the "Office Space SE - Is it ever gonna happen?" thread they would see that since the dvds confirmation that the thread has been about the definite release of Office Space not whether its still a rumor. I am not on any high horse, its just common sense to check for other threads before starting a new thread that is giving the same information that has already been rehashed numerous times in the previous thread. If you think that is being on a high horse then great, I think its just being courteous. I have done the same thing in the past until I was told by another member to look before starting a thread. I didn't take offense to the suggestion instead I took the advice to heart. Everyone makes mistakes, only some people learn from them.
OK, let's just remain calm -- see Jack's post above for a better explanation of what I was trying to say. Let's let it go -- you don't think the news deserves a new thread and I do. Maybe some mod will come along and merge them.
Old 10-05-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
This thread is getting a bit heated
Old 10-05-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well either way I am happy to here that they are going to come out with the SE version. I will double dip on this movie. Just love it!
Old 10-05-04, 02:50 PM

I held out for this. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-05-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the cool news. Hope its true.
Old 10-05-04, 03:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Office Space: Special Edition given the greenlight

Originally posted by SMB-IL
OK, let's just remain calm -- see Jack's post above for a better explanation of what I was trying to say. Let's let it go -- you don't think the news deserves a new thread and I do. Maybe some mod will come along and merge them.
I am very calm, sometimes things are misinterpreted when they are typed instead of spoken. I was making a suggestion that some people took as an insult. If everyone feels that the new thread was needed, then I obviously was wrong to suggest what I suggested. We are obviously all fans with a common want, which is to get the scoop on the new SE Office Space, so lets all enjoy instead of bickering with one another. My apologies for starting this discussion to begin with.
Old 10-05-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

IMHO, a thread asking if the SE will ever happen and a thread announcing the new SE are two different topics, and rightfully deserve two different threads.

I am no mod either (though I do moderate on another message board elsewhere in cyberland), but I would close the old thread and leave this one open.
Old 10-05-04, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
IMHO, a thread asking if the SE will ever happen and a thread announcing the new SE are two different topics, and rightfully deserve two different threads.
See, I agree in theory, but in practice, around this place, I've gotten used to the way it works, and generally, when a new SE is announced, people say it first in threads which asked the question "When will it happen?" since it is, indeed, an answer to the question, rather than starting a new thread with the answer to a question asked in a previous thread.

Thing is, it gets a bit hazy because you *also* get people who are just bumping the old question thread, so there's no new info, so you don't neccessarily click on a question thread and *know* that it's an answer.

However, it does seem like, space-wise, the best solution is to try to have one thread per DVD release (or per movie), and to just change the title of the thread. For instance, changing the question thread to "Office Space SE -- finally happening" or something.

Probably these two threads could be condensed into one with that title, but, hey, I'm not a mod either. I wouldn't mind if there was a definite answer one way or the other one this, though.
Old 10-05-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
[BI am no mod either (though I do moderate on another message board elsewhere in cyberland), but I would close the old thread and leave this one open. [/B]
I agree. While I'm still a bit doubtful of the news I think this is still a more hopeful thread that the previous one.

But unfortunately we'd probably have to delete 3/4 of the posts in this thread to makes even the slightest bit on topic. *sigh*

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.