Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on Comedy Central

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on Comedy Central

Whenever it airs, it's horribly edited, to the point where I swear the edits are just as funny as the movie itself. It's almost fun to watch it to see how badly they cut it up. Anyway, I turned on the TV last night around 1:30-2:00am after I got home from work and could not believe that every fuck and mother-fuck and bitch and ass and all of it was in there. The movie on Comedy Central last night was UNEDITED. How often does Comedy Central do that?

BTW, when I turned it on, the scene was the Cock-Knocker scene. I watched for about 20 minutes trying to find a sign of one edit, but there was none. I finally got too tired and had to go to bed.
Old 10-03-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's part of a series that Comedy Central has. They will often air uncensored versions of movies at 1 AM on Saturday nights.

Really, cable TV does not have the same restrictions that the FCC imposes on network TV. Nickelodeon could air the same film, unedited, non-stop, and not be fined $500,000.
Old 10-03-04, 05:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
They air them unedited sometimes late at night.

They've aired the South Park movie unedited about 10 times.
Old 10-03-04, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking of which, they are airing the South Park movie unedited again on October 23rd, probably to coincide with the Team America release.

Sort of off subject, but the rumor was that the South Park movie was getting the Special Edition treatment and it was going to come out sometime in the fourth quarter of the year, or is that even going to happen?
Old 10-03-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it was all uncut last night. It was awesome!
Old 10-03-04, 07:25 PM

I saw J&SBSB on last night, thought I'd TiVo it, since I get a kick out of the edits. I was kinda disappointed/shocked when it wasn't
Old 10-03-04, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I always find it funny when you Americans see an unedited show on something other than HBO or Showtime. I feel sorry for you guys, I wonder why you are so restricted when clearly everyone wants it not to be that way.
Old 10-03-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BizRodian
I always find it funny when you Americans see an unedited show on something other than HBO or Showtime. I feel sorry for you guys, I wonder why you are so restricted when clearly everyone wants it not to be that way.
Dude, when parents flip out over a brief flash of a breast in Swamp Thing or 15 seconds of same sex kissing in Under the Tuscan Sun, you have to really wonder. But yet violence and hatred and fear are prominent in media, and often not censored. Go figure.

I suspect we are so restricted because of lobbyists and political power plays.
Old 10-03-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What pisses me off is when Comedy Central does show the "edited" version of the film, they mute every other word or just deleted scenes completely. Now I have a problem with this since Kevin Smith shot alternate version of scenes specifically for the television version.

Booo!

At least the television edit of Mallrats was fun. "All they needed was a fat karate chop."
Old 10-03-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I watched part of it tonight after dogma
what I found funny was that clitoris and clit weren't edited, yet words generally considered less sexual/offensive did get edited
Old 10-04-04, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

was it just a voice inside my head or is there a new se of mallrats coming out with the tv edit and the regular both on it? maybe they just talk about how funny the tv edits are on the commentary of the current disk? it would be fun to have a commentary over the tv edit. or maybe not since the volume is so reduced that you can't really hear the movie anyway. i'll shut up now.
Old 10-04-04, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BizRodian
Jimmy Kimmel has a bit called "Unnecessary Censorship" which is basically various TV clips (Mostly live stuff like news reports, speeches, press conferences, etc) which have the classic censorship BEEP added to them or innocent things are blurred out. I think they are hilarious, but I wonder if they have the same effect in places not as familiar with such censorship.

You can get a small taste of it here at ABC's Kimmel site. Click on 'watch video clips' on the left side and you should be able to find them. Each clip only contains 3-4 examples, which I think is much shorter than the full bits when they play on Kimmel.
Old 10-04-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
I watched part of it tonight after dogma
what I found funny was that clitoris and clit weren't edited, yet words generally considered less sexual/offensive did get edited
they cut the end of the "clit speech". i'm amazed also that they let the whole "i just filled the cup" scene go mostly unedited.
Old 10-05-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by costanza
was it just a voice inside my head or is there a new se of mallrats coming out with the tv edit and the regular both on it? maybe they just talk about how funny the tv edits are on the commentary of the current disk? it would be fun to have a commentary over the tv edit. or maybe not since the volume is so reduced that you can't really hear the movie anyway. i'll shut up now.
After the Clerks: X sold well for Miramax, Universal wants to get the ball rolling on a Mallrats: X and Smith wants the television edit on the DVD with a bonus commentary track.