DVD Talk
BAD movies you love.. [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : BAD movies you love..

Chill Pill
09-29-04, 03:47 AM
Me?

'Lone Wolf McQuade'. Classic Norris. The scene where he wakes up in his truck buried 10 feet underground, poors a warm beer on his head, turns on the superchargers and shoots out of the ground. Can't beat it.

'Victory', John Huston's movie with Stallone and Pele. The soccer game at the end is great.

'Weekend At Bernies'. This one comes on cable I am powerless to turn away..

Yours?

Kumar J
09-29-04, 03:50 AM
Victory is very good movie.Loved it!

Chill Pill
09-29-04, 03:52 AM
Very good?? I dunno.. kinda lame up until the game (can you rip off The Great Escape anymore??)

Trelach24
09-29-04, 04:22 AM
If I love it, it's not bad.

Big Worms
09-29-04, 09:45 AM
This sounds like a trick question. If I love it then I don't consider it bad. So who decides if it a bad movie? :hscratch:

Maxflier
09-29-04, 09:53 AM
I like Ballistic:Ecks vs. Sever ,while most people consider it a bad movie.

Gcomeau
09-29-04, 10:31 AM
Freddy got Fingered
Drowning Mona

marty888
09-29-04, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Big Worms
This sounds like a trick question. If I love it then I don't consider it bad. So who decides if it a bad movie? :hscratch:

The trick is to NOT convince yourself that simply because you love a movie , that makes it any less bad.

I <i>know</i> that <i>SHOWGIRLS</i> is a bad movie, but I still love it.

ToddSm66
09-29-04, 10:57 AM
Of course, I don't consider these to be bad movies - but many people do.

Joe vs. the Volcano
Hudson Hawk
Cabin Boy
Men at Work
The Three Amigos

redskull47
09-29-04, 11:13 AM
"The Giant Claw" (a 50s b-movie with what appears to be a giant turkey buzzard as the ... ahem... "monster."). I've watched it at least 20 times, and I never get tired of it. I've screened it many times for friends on our "Bad Movie Nights," and it never fails to entertain.

DRG
09-29-04, 11:16 AM
Too many to list, but a big one would be:

Over the Top

I recognize it's cheesy, sappy, macho dumb, and formulaic, but I love it despite all this.

wordtoyamotha
09-29-04, 11:18 AM
Fletch Lives
Crocodile Dundee II

tofu
09-29-04, 11:21 AM
Hackers

whynotsmile
09-29-04, 11:32 AM
Freddy got fingered, pootie tang, toxie avenger 1-4

Crocker Jarmen
09-29-04, 11:55 AM
There's some weird energy running through The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 that holds me fascinated. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of one positive thing to say about that movie, yet I've watched and enjoyed it on several occasions.

I also really liked that Jerry Springer movie Ringmaster. I'm amazed at how randomly it seems to be thrown together. Some moments that stick out:

-comedic cutaway to close up of man biting pickel
-random scenes of girls flashing there breasts
-cartoony sfx along with realistic slurping sounds during BJ scene
-(sucessful) attempts at quiet scenes of characters pain, I'm thinking of the part where the woman is staring at herself in the mirror and deciding how pretty she still looks
-the unconvincing studio audience at Jerrys show. How can extras 'playing' a studio audience look fake?
-Jerry's big speech at the end of the movie, explaining that people who think his guests are scum bags are really just elitest fat cats

Shannon Nutt
09-29-04, 12:12 PM
License To Drive
Roadhouse
Star Trek V
Superman IV

CKMorpheus
09-29-04, 01:06 PM
XXX
Super Mario Bros.
Godzilla (Matt Broderick version)

Daytrip
09-29-04, 01:10 PM
Big Trouble In Little China Town
Death Race 2000
Cobra
Equilibrium

jdslater
09-29-04, 01:17 PM
I agree with:
License To Drive
Hudson Hawk
The Three Amigos
And I would like to add Stone Cold.
I think it has some solid acting for the sort of film it is. Has some very good action scenes and some excellent lines.
"This reminds me of my father's last words: "Don't son, that gun is loaded"

gmal2003
09-29-04, 01:19 PM
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Lisa
Drumline
Pootie Tang
Malibu's Most Wanted

Green Jello
09-29-04, 01:22 PM
Starship Troopers

tdilia
09-29-04, 01:22 PM
Ford Fairlane (this is a bad movie, but there's something about it that I like)

ArchibaldTuttle
09-29-04, 01:47 PM
hackers, roadhouse, story of ricky, killer klowns from outer space, street trash, attack of the killer tomatoes, revenge of the killer tomatoes, return of the living dead, jack frost... I could go on and on but will stop there

eisenreich
09-29-04, 02:04 PM
The movie that immediately came to mind was 1993's Airborne. I watched this countless times when it came on tv as a kid and recently sat down and watched it again. The magic is still there.

Go Mitchell Goosen!

caiman
09-29-04, 02:32 PM
There are a few movies I consider bad that I still like, which in turn elevates them to "good" status. So the question is a bit of a paradox, but oh well.

The first movie that comes to mind is Cabin Fever. Upon close examination, the movie is a mess. It doesn't know what it wants to be or what it wants to do. The actions and motivations of the characters make absolutely no sense, especially near the end. And some of the events are so inexplicable that it makes me roll my eyes. But there's something about Cabin Fever - A quality that's hard to define. It has partly to do with the fact that the director is winking at you throughout the whole thing. He knows it's a bad movie; but I get the impression he doesn't know just how bad it is. But that doesn't matter, because the movie still works on a bizarre, campy, so bad it's good, tongue-in-cheek level that few movies do. And it works amazingly well - the movie is hilarious. It's spawned so many catchphrases amongst my friends and I it's almost ridiculous. I could watch it a million times (preferably while drunk) and not get tired of it. It's pure schlock, but it's schlock in its most pure and entertaining form.

iggystar
09-29-04, 02:49 PM
Cheesy dance movies like:

Fast Forward
Breakin'

And others like:
Lisa
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The Guyver

Cornholio
09-29-04, 03:07 PM
idle hands

NoxHaveN
09-29-04, 03:12 PM
G.I. Jane
The Messenger

Charlie Goose
09-29-04, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ArchibaldTuttle
roadhouse,
Why do you blaspheme, Mr. Tuttle?

I love Karate Kid III, although it's a ridiculous movie with really bad acting by all involved.

Cygnet74
09-29-04, 03:16 PM
Soul Vengeance (http://www.badmovies.org/movies/soulvengeance/) - this film is about a man using his lengthy penis to strangle people.

Cornholio
09-29-04, 03:22 PM
i hate all the karate kid movies. i met someone who sounded exactly like him once.

dick_grayson
09-29-04, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Gcomeau
Freddy got Fingered
Drowning Mona

definately! I saw Drowning Mona 3 times in the theater (no shit!)

masbrad
09-29-04, 03:30 PM
Well enter your favorite John Hughes movie here....They are all from my highschool days and I cant help but watch them if I find oen while flipping channels.

Especially Uncle Buck and Some Kind Of wonderful. Not great movies but I enjoy them very much.

krazykat72
09-29-04, 03:41 PM
Plan 9 from Outer Space is still outrageously entertaining for me

Rocky IV isn't very good, but I love watching it....ditto just about every Friday the 13th movie.

-Paul Jacobi-

drjay
09-29-04, 03:45 PM
Waterworld *flame pants on*

jaeufraser
09-29-04, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by drjay
Waterworld *flame pants on*

Eh, I'm a fan of Waterworld. The biggest flop ever to make a profit. It's no masterpiece, but it's visually impressive and a good actioner. The extended cut is even better if you ever have the chance to see it.

Of course, I have some bad movies I love too. 1995's Congo is a particular favorite of mine. Love me them hokey adventure movies. Oh and who here doesn't love Arnold's ode to stupidity, Commando! That movie is great...the end where he blows away 100 columbians at thhe Beverly Hills Cop mansion is excellent action. "Let off some steeeem"'

Oh and don't be callin Starship Troopers no bad movie! ;)

iggystar
09-29-04, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by krazykat72

Rocky IV isn't very good, but I love watching it

Best in the series, IMO. C'mon Drago's modern technological workout verses Rocky workout....lifting people in a wheelbarrow and running up mountains? Classic! :)

chente
09-29-04, 04:56 PM
Pumpkin. I can't help it :(

DVDho78DTS
09-29-04, 06:20 PM
Howard the Duck

I watched it for a week straight as a kid. Haven't seen it in a while though.

NoxHaveN
09-29-04, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
Howard the Duck

I watched it for a week straight as a kid. Haven't seen it in a while though.

OMG. me too. I used to be able to sing that theme song. -eek-

DVDho78DTS
09-29-04, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NoxHaveN
OMG. me too. I used to be able to sing that theme song. -eek-

:lol: :up:

tommyp007
09-29-04, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by tdilia
Ford Fairlane (this is a bad movie, but there's something about it that I like)

:up:

Mountain Biker
09-29-04, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by eisenreich
The movie that immediately came to mind was 1993's Airborne. I watched this countless times when it came on tv as a kid and recently sat down and watched it again. The magic is still there.

Go Mitchell Goosen!

:thumbsup: I LOVE that movie! My vhs copy is wearing, though.

Also:

Corvette Summer (most wanted not on dvd)
Yor: The Hunter From the Future
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared Syn
Ice Pirates
California Dreaming

RyoHazuki
09-29-04, 07:00 PM
The Quest dir. by Jean Claude Van Damme.

Such a cool movie.

C.H.U.D.
09-29-04, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Daytrip
Big Trouble In Little China Town
Death Race 2000
Cobra
Equilibrium

I wouldn't call Big Trouble in Little China or Equilibrium "bad" movies.

Maybe I'm wrong about the first one. Is the Town at the end a mistake, or is this some other movie?

GreenMonkey
09-29-04, 08:07 PM
Kung-Pow : Enter the Fist

Rating: 13/100 on metacritic. #28 on the all-time low scores list. :D
See the all-time low scores list for ideas:

http://www.metacritic.com/film/lowscores.shtml

Although how it was rated worse the Dungeons and Dragons movie, or Species II, I will never understand.

George T
09-29-04, 08:28 PM
Cabin Boy
The Messenger
The Postman

The Cow
09-29-04, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by redskull47
"The Giant Claw" (a 50s b-movie with what appears to be a giant turkey buzzard as the ... ahem... "monster."). I've watched it at least 20 times, and I never get tired of it. I've screened it many times for friends on our "Bad Movie Nights," and it never fails to entertain.
:lol: I still have a VHS of that one. That was the strangest looking "monster" ever.

One of mine is The Nude Bomb. Very silly, but I love it.

GreenMonkey
09-29-04, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah ... bad old school movies.

80's sci-fi/horror movie called "Star Crystal" :D Anybody seen it?

Dr. DVD
09-29-04, 09:55 PM
Showgirls is something I like once I realize the enjoyment of wathcing it.
Starship Troopers is debatable, and while a lot hated it, I still love it!
And hey, I liked Van Helsing! It made me feel like I was watching an old G.I. Joe level cartoon again, none of which could really be labeled good when you think about it.

Also, a lot of horror movies are critically panned and when I watch them I acutally enjoy them. A few that come to mind are House of 1000 Corpses, the TCM re-make, and The Thing.

Brent L
09-30-04, 12:24 AM
Naked Space

Robot Monster

Both of them have some all time classic quotes as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, good lord, the following quote from Robot Monster is possibly the greatest quote ever in film!

Roy: "I'm bossy? You're so bossy you should be milked before you come home at night."

Cellar Door
09-30-04, 12:29 AM
I love Bubble Boy. The whole thing is so silly it cracks me up. Jake Gyllenhaal is wonderfully goofy and energetic. Too bad lately all he does is dark, brooding acting.

TheV
09-30-04, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
Howard the Duck

This is a bad movie that I have very fond memories of. I'd really like to see it again. I liked Bring It On...does that count?

Oh and Rounders...just kidding...hated it. :eyebrow:

Rivero
09-30-04, 04:01 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305350205.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The cheesy one-liners.

Uhura doing the Dance of the Seven Veils half-naked.

"Row Row Row Your boat"

The God of Shaka-Ri being destroyed with a couple laser blasts!

This movie is downright hilarious when viewed as a comedy. Whenever I stumble onto it on TV I end up watching the whole damn thing.

abintra
09-30-04, 06:04 AM
Hunchbacks need love too..

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/232/BigManonCampus1.jpg

iggystar
09-30-04, 08:19 AM
PCU

C.H.U.D.
09-30-04, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonkey
Oh yeah ... bad old school movies.

80's sci-fi/horror movie called "Star Crystal" :D Anybody seen it?

I just saw that for the first time a few months ago. It was kind of cool. I liked the slimy E.T.esque monster. Gotta love the Star Crystal song at the end. I can't believe the wrote a theme song for that movie!

King Jaspo
09-30-04, 02:40 PM
Hackers
Mystery Men

GreenMonkey
09-30-04, 05:54 PM
I just saw that for the first time a few months ago. It was kind of cool. I liked the slimy E.T.esque monster. Gotta love the Star Crystal song at the end. I can't believe the wrote a theme song for that movie!

Whoo hoo! Someone else!

It's great how the alien kills a bunch of people, but them suddenly becomes a nice guy. :D

SPiRAL
10-01-04, 02:05 AM
Phat Beach
Soul Plane
Leprechaun 1 - 6
Deuces Wild

too many to list.

Sid Ceaser
10-01-04, 09:50 AM
Ice Pirates ("it's a. . . space herpe")

the Last Starfighter ("greetings starfighter. You have been recruited by the starleague to defend the frontier against Xur, and the kodan armada")

Krull

Clash of the Titans

Forces of Nature ( fantastic cinematography)

Xanadu (ONJ in skirts and rollerskates *drool*)

Oh, man, there are so many. those are the first ones that come to mind.

rexinnih
10-01-04, 10:27 AM
Hudson Hawk
Ford Fairlane
Starship Troopers
Damned to Cinematic Hell for loving them

C.H.U.D.
10-01-04, 02:08 PM
Zardoz.

lwhy?
10-01-04, 02:24 PM
She's All That and all the cheesey teen movies.

Crazee4DVDs
10-01-04, 08:10 PM
I seem to have a 'thing' for films that most people turn their noses up at, although I have seen a couple mentioned, so guess my taste can't be that bad. I have several, but will add these:

The Giant Claw
Starship Troopers
The Lost Continent (Hammer)
The Deadly Bees (Amicus)
Hellfighters
The Terrornauts (Amicus)
Earth vs the Spider ('58)
The Navy vs the Night Monsters
The Giant Spider Invasion
Santa Claus COnquers the Martians
Santa Claus ('59)
Bride of the Monster
Jaws 3
Trog
Island of Terror
The Eye Creatures
The Frozen Dead
It! ('66/Roddy McDowall)
Night of the Lepus
Robot Monster
The Giant Gila MOnster
Moon Zero Two (Hammer)
Rawhead Rex
Yours, Mine and Ours
The Christmas That Almost Wasn't

BJacks
10-01-04, 11:47 PM
I love Dirty Work. When my friend and I saw it in the theater, we were the only ones there.

tanman
10-02-04, 03:06 AM
I really can't see how some people can like some of these movies, but I guess that is the point :)

People have listed almost everything in my sig...

I don't know if these are considred "bad"
Short Circuit 1 & 2
Almost every Bond movie I enjoy, even some of the "bad" ones

Some people consider it horrible but I don't think it was a bad movie...Bicentennial Man.

SHADOWX
10-02-04, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by iggystar
PCU

Agreed - and add the following

Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Police Academy 2 & 3

Jason
10-02-04, 10:28 PM
Megaforce is an outstanding bad movie. Terrible acting and story, ridiculous costumes, and Barry Bostwick on a flying motorcycle. What more could you want in crap?

Fantasy Mission Force is beyond description. It's one of those hong kong movies that Jackie Chan had a bit part in early in his career which has been endlessly re-released to capitalize on his name. A team of heros is sent to rescue Abe Lincoln from the Nazis (because James Bond was unavailable). Our hero is assisted by a hobo, Wayne Newton, some chick with a fetish for rocket launchers, scottish UN troops, and Jackie Chan. Along the way they meet amazons, hopping vampires, and, finally, the nazis, who ride beat up chevy impala's chariot style. Literally something for everyone.

nightmaster
10-02-04, 11:32 PM
Ain't it great to love bad movies? :)

Fresh Horses
French Connection II
The Death Wish Series

NitroJMS
10-03-04, 10:19 PM
Showgirls
Coyote Ugly

Matt969
10-03-04, 10:21 PM
All the Police Academy movies -- except the last one.

mookyman
10-03-04, 10:40 PM
I didn't even know Starship Troopers was considered bad! Also:

Lifeforce
Halloween 3
Showgirls
Howard the Duck
Mom and Dad Save the World
Evilspeak

Kumar J
10-03-04, 10:49 PM
The New Guy was nice as I rented it last week. Elisa Dusku was in a fashion show of bikini's.Thats a must buy for everyone :)

Amel
10-03-04, 11:04 PM
Since I just watched it twice this weekend, I'd have to say Honey starring Jessica Alba. I lost count of how many times I laughed out loud at how horrible this movie is... but for some reason I enjoyed it enough to sit through a second time. And not just because JA is smokin' hot, there really is something I like about it...I'm just not sure what it is yet. But what I really can't figure out is what the hell Mekhi Phifer is doing in this movie. This guy is too good to be in this crap.

Numanoid
10-03-04, 11:29 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000065V3G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BizRodian
10-04-04, 12:00 AM
Cruel Intentions - I think it's kind of self aware in it's badness though. I really enjoy the soundtrack.
Hackers - Everything I said about Cruel Intentions applys here.
8 Mile - It kicks ass! they "battle" by rapping at each other, with hilarious results :)

Chill Pill
10-04-04, 02:13 AM
Cocktail! I love it too. I also like Days Of Thunder.. Duvall's defining role.

gnradd21
10-04-04, 03:51 AM
The biggest one I can think of is probably
http://img8.exs.cx/img8/5779/17057.jpg
No, I can't explain why I still love this movie. I think it's required viewing for any kid whining about having to clean their room or do their homework. At least your mother doesn't poison your food so she can erase you from existence and inherit her father's money once he croaks! I grew up a horror movie fan, and I think this is one of the few that actually made me sympathetic for the main characters. It's pretty heartbreaking when the mother turns on the kids. And who can deny watching Louise Fletcher chew scenery like only she can as the grandmother from hell? Obviously things were left out from the book, but I think it's a pretty good 90-minute condensed version of the main plot and I don't dwell on the book-to-movie differences. This is definitely a guilty pleasure movie for me.

turborobb
10-04-04, 05:19 AM
Hollywood High (1977) - the best worst movie ever. me and my roommate would watch this every night one summer during college, we knew it word for word and wuld quote it during class.

Giantrobo
10-04-04, 07:40 AM
REPTILICUS :up: So bad it's fuckin' awesome. :lol:

Bad acting
Corny stereotype characters
Bad fake looking Monster
Stupid ending

Jazzbutcher
10-04-04, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Giantrobo
REPTILICUS :up: So bad it's fuckin' awesome. :lol:

Bad acting
Corny stereotype characters
Bad fake looking Monster
Stupid ending
I'll see your Reptilicus and raise you a Day of the Triffids.

dom56
10-04-04, 10:55 AM
Logan's Run - Chessy special effect, but Jenny Agutter was hot. :drool:

Giantrobo
10-04-04, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by tdirgins
I'll see your Reptilicus and raise you a Day of the Triffids.

I haven't seen that one in years. :lol:

zooiiks
10-04-04, 12:00 PM
Although I don't love it, I have to mention Night of the Creeps because for some reason I found myself watching it yesterday. Hadn't seen it since I was kid. Horrible movie.

"Girls, I've got good news and bad news for you. The good news is your dates are here."

"What's the bad news?"

"They're dead."

Adam Tyner
10-04-04, 01:44 PM
I'm amazed that no one's mentioned Troll 2, the best-worst movie ever committed to film. I've seen this movie more times than I'd care to count, and I'm thrilled that it's finally out on DVD so I can watch it relentlessly.

I wouldn't put the Leprechaun flicks or Killer Klowns from Outer Space on here, though. Those are intentionally campy/corny/schlocky, which makes them less interesting on a list like this. (Leprechaun 4: In Space is brilliant.)

Numanoid
10-04-04, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by zooiiks
Although I don't love it, I have to mention Night of the Creeps because for some reason I found myself watching it yesterday. Hadn't seen it since I was kid. Horrible movie. Blasphemy!

Rypro 525
10-04-04, 11:52 PM
can i mention color of night. some of the cheesyist, cornballist lines of all time (and hell, the good scene isn't till an hour in), but its so fuckin funny.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0