Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Dish Network: Problem with 522 Receiver?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...

Two weeks ago I had Dish Network installed in my new home. I got a Dish DVR 522 Receiver for two rooms.

Everything was working 100% on the unit until last week. As the unit was on for a few hours, the screen would just freeze and lock up (no..not the DVR function). The only way to do anything was to reset the unit. Same thing would happen after a few hours.
Now come yesterday, the receiver makes this wierd clicking noise every 30sec or so and when you push any other button on the remote it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the receiver to respond.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I called Dish Network today and we went through some diagnostic tests and the same result occurred. They are sending me a new unit and crediting me 1 week of service (which I was gladly appreciative of). Hopefully this will correct the problem, but I was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same problem. If the second unit has the same problem, my wife is insisting we go back to cable (more costly for us in our area).

What are your experiences or problems? Any thoughts?
Old 09-28-04, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric - I have a 508 (older version of the DVR you have) and I have not had this problem occur. I also have an 811 and I do occasionally have to reset the unit when I switch from an OTA channel to a regular Dish station.

Not sure if you know about this, but a good forum to check out is Satellite Guys http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php . They have a Forum dedicated to Dish Network subs.

Hope the new recvr works out.

-Karl
Old 09-28-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another good resurce is the forums at www.dbstalk.com. There is a forum area specifically for people who have Dish Network DVRs.