http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VDM008117
Old 09-25-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
thanks!
Old 09-25-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually have seen this in a Wal Mart 5.88 bin but it was all messed up so I skipped, may have to order it in good condition though.
Old 09-25-04, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this movie on my DDD wish list for over a week now. I been expanding my DDD wish list in hopes of a 20% off sale. At 4.79, I been thinking about ordering now!

Last edited by aspikes; 09-25-04 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-25-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, thats an awesome movie. Well worth it.
Old 09-25-04, 08:36 PM
Banned

thanks
Old 09-25-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a horror movie? I can't quite tell from the reviews.
Old 09-25-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you even rent the movie for $4.79? I'd jump over this if I didn't have it already.
Old 09-25-04, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OLD news...abintra is right on this one! I saw the original post and ordered mine a while back....great price!

abintra, there are a few of us that really appreciate all the work you've done here!
Old 09-25-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

abintra,

I congratulate you for doing the $6 bargain thread, but was it just you that searched for every cheap deal and posted it? Or was it help from the others that post in that thread?

This isn't a question, not me attacking you.

And I do agree that if anyone has a great deal on a dvd under $6 it should be posted in that thread, even if it is already listed in your main post (which I do know that you compiled into the list that we see today).
Old 09-25-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the heads up...Great movie, sweat price.
Old 09-25-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a great movie. Definately pick it up!
Old 09-25-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by abintra
No worries as I didn't take it that way.

If that is the way my post came across then by all means it should be ignored as that would be ignorant and offensive. As that list post begins I deliberately tried to reflect that fact short of giving name credit per post as there was no way I was going to be able to do so. The only thing I did was try to save people time from reading pages of posts for it. I couldn't care less, nor deserve, anything in terms of what you suggest in terms that I did any of it.

My only purpose/point was that a lot of people share their time for the community posting opinions, deals, feedback etc. It just becomes tedious to go through all the work for the sole purpose of trying to help others when a duplicate post highlights the same info that so many are oblivious to the other existing.

By all means specific titles should be highlighted but it would be nice if people even knew that there was a place that covered that and more otherwise whats the point. Any time a post covers the same ground people will point out that the info already exists. For as many threads that pop up with the same info, some by moderators, it just makes one wonder why bother to begin with since it doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

As one can see, there are vastly more people seeing this deal for the first time in this thread even though it has been around for a month. The reason being is that so few knew of it existing elsewhere and other than me occasionally pointing out in a thread like this where one can look it never gets mentioned. The fact that it is me that posted it should be pointless as that is completely irrelevent. What I felt was, is that nobody seems to know it existed nor does anyone point it out.

Perhaps it is just me but if that happens to all the people that offer something in return then the only purposes of sharing becomes something not encouraged. Take any of the posts that try to compile a list somewhere like bga's, just an example as I find it to be invaluable. Most of the people that have interest in it knows it exists and when a post pops up asking about something covered there it gets answered and its pointed out where one may look in the future.

{edit} Somehow that first list post that happens to be attached to my name which could be anyone and has absolutely nothing in it that hasn't been posted by others in that thread has become the focus of the point I thought was valid. To illustrate my meaning, OutOfStock posted about The Bretts misprice in the thread a day or two before it was posted seperately but nobody but a handful of people even knew it until it was duplicated. They were thoughtful enough to share it with others, nobody saw it nor said thanks. The other thread states it and everybody sees it and is grateful. There was only one person in the whole thread that also thanked OutOfStock because noone even knew it was posted previously. There are a bunch of examples like that and has nothing to do with whose name is listed at the first post because all of the good info is posted in the thread.{edit}

Wow, the above suggests this is vastly more important of a subject then I even care about and I don't gather I either have a point or am articulating myself well anyway.

In short, great movie, great price, thanks for posting and sharing and the bargain thread also often highlights other bargain type titles that may be of interest.

Yep, that sentence covered my entire point. The fact that I made it clouds the point since my name happens to be the starter of that post. I have tried solicitating someone else to take it over so maybe then I can make that point so it doesn't seem self serving.
abintra,

Wow. Am I a stupid idiot. I meant to type that it was a question...sorry.
Old 09-26-04, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No really. I wanted to know if you compiled the entire list by yourself or did you get it from the posts that were posted by other members.

(meaning did you go to a price search function and look them up?)
Old 09-27-04, 05:21 AM

Been thinking about picking this up for a long time and finally did . . . can't beat the price. Thanks for the post
Old 09-27-04, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Noice, I always meant to check that one out.
Old 09-28-04, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by illennium
Is this a horror movie? I can't quite tell from the reviews.
More a suspense/thriller than horror.
Old 09-28-04, 02:43 PM

ok flick...good blind buy, but then you might regret spending $5 for something you'll never take off the shelf again.
Old 09-28-04, 03:05 PM

ok flick...good blind buy, but then you might regret spending $5 for something you'll never take off the shelf again.
Old 09-28-04, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by SLOmade
I beg to differ. I've already watched it several times (I bought it when it first came out). It was the best film of 2002 IMO and it's a MAJOR steal at $4.79. At that price, I'm tempted to buy another copy just because.
Old 09-28-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by DaBargainHunta
I beg to differ. I've already watched it several times (I bought it when it first came out). It was the best film of 2002 IMO and it's a MAJOR steal at $4.79. At that price, I'm tempted to buy another copy just because.
but SLOmade was so adament about it that he had to post it TWICE
Old 09-28-04, 06:23 PM

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Old 09-30-04, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

5.99 still isn't bad for this great movie, but i'm glad i got mine for 4.79