DVD Talk
Actors Filming Robbery Scene Arrested [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Actors Filming Robbery Scene Arrested

devilshalo
09-22-04, 06:30 PM
Actors Filming Robbery Scene Arrested

1 hour, 2 minutes ago Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro - A group of Serbian actors filming a bank robbery scene played their parts so well that police mistook them for the real thing and hauled them off to a police station, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

The crew was filming the robbery scene Tuesday on a street in Novi Sad, 30 miles north of Belgrade, as part of a project to be shown in a multimedia performance at the nearby Serbian National Theater.

"We had just put black stockings on our heads and were carrying plastic handguns needed for the scene, when about 30 policemen surrounded us with pistols pointed at us," actor Aleksandar Gajin told the Vecernje Novosti newspaper.

No amount of explaining could immediately persuade the officers that it was not an actual heist.

Police confiscated the actors' toy weapons and the purported loot black plastic bags stuffed with newspapers and briefly interrogated the actors at a nearby police station, Gajin said.

Police released the crew shortly thereafter, Gajin said, adding that the "police used no brutality ... they just warned us that we should have informed them in advance."
---------------------------------

I call shenanigans! :lol:

Fok
09-22-04, 07:13 PM
Didn't the police notice the film crew?

FinkPish
09-22-04, 09:28 PM
Yeah, wouldn't there have been a couple dozen people standing around with cameras and stuff to help explain to the police?

Corvin
09-22-04, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by FinkPish
Yeah, wouldn't there have been a couple dozen people standing around with cameras and stuff to help explain to the police?

Maybe they were trying to, but the police brought them in anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Deftones
09-22-04, 10:06 PM
Just like in Lethal Weapon 3, or was that Lethal Weapon 2.

Numanoid
09-23-04, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...this gives me an idea. Use phony film crew, pull REAL heist.

Numanoid runs off to organize gang.

dick_grayson
09-23-04, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Numanoid

yeah, that is a pretty good idea. hmmmmm....

marty888
09-23-04, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Numanoid

Why a "phony" film crew? Reality TV is desperate for new ideas.....

Tarantino
09-24-04, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Just like in Lethal Weapon 3, or was that Lethal Weapon 2.

The opposite happened in The Professional...real criminals gave up to the fake SWAT team.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0