Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"24" Season Premiere 1/3/05 8-10pm

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-22-04, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so this doesn't have to be the official thread on the 24 premiere, but I figured I had to act fast before B.A. beat me to it.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Champagne headaches will have only just worn off and the college football bowl games will still be going, but FOX has scheduled the premiere of the fourth season of "24" for Monday, Jan. 3, 2005.

The fourth longest day of Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) life will start with a two-hour episode, as the Emmy-winning series begins a 24-episode run that won't be interrupted by repeats or preemptions (unless FOX unearths a couple "American Idol" specials that are just too pressing to keep on the shelf). After the two-hour episode, which will air from 8-10 p.m., the show will move into its regular Monday 9 p.m. ET time the following week (Jan. 10).

Semi-spoilers below (stuff I'm sure you'll find out by Jan 3rd, anyway.)
Spoiler:

Fans of the show will recall that in the third season Jack helped the Counter Terrorist Unit stop a motley group of madmen from unleashing a deadly virus in Los Angeles. He also spent four or five episodes in Mexico doing virtually nothing and occasionally dealt with an addiction to heroin.

Season four, FOX reveals, will begin at 7 a.m. and will, once again, take place over the course of a single day. If you want the twists and turns of the season to be entirely fresh, you may want to turn away, but CTU is now run by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson), an agent who fired Jack when she took over on the job. Jack is now working for the Secretary of Defense (William Devane) and dating his married daughter (Kim Raver), but after the explosion of a commuter train, Jack finds himself back at CTU.

The fate of the world, it seems, hangs in the balance.

The season also features Nestor Serrano ("The Day After Tomorrow") as Middle Eastern businessman and Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo ("The House of Sand and Fog") as his wife.

Can't wait. Already on my calendar!
Old 09-22-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why is Jack dating a married woman?
Old 09-22-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: "24" Season Premiere 1/3/05 8-10pm

Originally posted by Meteu185
Ok, so this doesn't have to be the official thread on the 24 premiere, but I figured I had to act fast before B.A. beat me to it.
I'm amazed he has time to start almost every single TV thread with a new baby...

As for 24...

I didn't read the spoilers, but...

Spoiler:
i'm hoping the new Kim dies a slow, excrushiating death...I hated her on Third Watch...
Old 09-22-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm glad it's moving to monday.....now i can watch scrubs on tuesday

the wait until january kind of sucks, but i think it'll be better than taking it off the air for 3 weeks at a time right after a cliffhanger
Old 09-22-04, 04:07 PM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 09-22-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as someone who never finished season three, i am waiting for the dvd's to be released.
Old 09-22-04, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75
as someone who never finished season three, i am waiting for the dvd's to be released.
i can't imagine they would be released any later than christmas this year.

yeah, just looked. 12/07/04.
Old 09-23-04, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got into 24 a couple months ago and just finished Season 2 on DVD last week... will Season 3 come out on DVD before Season 4 airs? I hope so.
Old 09-23-04, 07:35 AM

Season 3 comes out on DVD on December 7th, 2004. Season 4 will begin on January 3rd, 2005.

EDIT: Added bold for Groucho.

Last edited by Vonner; 09-23-04 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-23-04, 07:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This has got to be the most premature thread ever.

I didn't watch all of Season 3. Will it be out on DVD in time for me to catch up?
Old 09-23-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now all we need is JJ or ABC to confirm an alias season primiere date in jan, and im happy.
Old 09-28-04, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=84&e=1&u=/pagesix/20040928/en_pagesix/tony24back

TONY '24' BACK

Tue Sep 28, 3:42 AM ET Entertainment - PageSix Gossip/Celeb

By COELI CARR

THE last time viewers saw turncoat-agent Tony Almeida on "24," he was facing serious jail time for treason.

His reasons for siding with terrorists against the U.S. may have been understandable — to save his kidnapped wife — but fans of the Fox suspense show ended the season with the reasonable assurance that Tony was gone.

Turns out now that he's not forgotten. Tony Almeida's coming back this season.

The word several months ago was that many of the program's most pivotal characters would not be returning for the new season, which debuts January 3.

"I was always told there were going to be changes, but that I was always going to be coming back," actor Carlos Bernard told The Post, as he prepares to start production on the fourth season of "24" next week. "We had discussions about how the Almeida character was going to be brought back. I wanted to do another season, if the character was put in a new place."

Prison was the most likely place — given his double dealing .

But this week Bernard is more focused on the story yet to be mined from Almeida's past.

"It's not so much about what you didn't find out about the character, it's more about the possibilities with the character," he said.

Bernard's mum on the fate of Almeida's wife, Michelle (Reiko Aylesworth), or even what episode he makes his entrance, saying that kind of advance information migth spoil things for viewers.

"My first impression from the script was 'I love it,' " Bernard said. "You can see change in the character over the third and fourth season, which is always fun to play. You have to fill in the holes of what happened. The way they introduced the character was very cool, in a way I didn't necessarily expect."

The show's producers, aware of the huge popularity some of the show's characters had with viewers, do want to bring those actors back in some capacity for the new season, said Fox spokesperson Chris Alexander, who was quick to add that the program, eager to not repeat itself with key characters whose story lines had run their course, didn't "want to be handcuffed to use the same group of actors."

The show had added some celebs, firing some sparks of their own to the cast, including Oscar-nominated actress Shohreh Aghdashloo, "Third Watch" Kim Raver as Kiefer Sutherland's love interest, and veteran actor William Devane as secretary of defense.

Chris
Old 10-01-04, 11:24 PM
Cool New Member

waiting for the new season

this is one of my favorites. In the last 2 seasons i only missed one tuesday night but i never missed an epsoide. Hope elishia is back and not working again like last year. i think she is hotter just being helpless like when she was kidnaped
Old 10-02-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Hey don't knock her working, she still managed to get kidnapped on the job. lol.