TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mountain *Series Premiere* - 09/22/04

Old 09-22-04, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
The Mountain *Series Premiere* - 09/22/04

"Pilot", Episode #100.

Spoiler:
David finds himself saddled with a responsibility he never wanted and an older brother who feels betrayed; Colin Dowling will stop at nothing to gain control of Boundary Mountain.

Cast: Oliver Hudson, Anson Mount, Barbara Hershey, Tara Thompson, Alana De La Garza , Johann Urb, Elizabeth Bogush, Tommy Dewey, Mitch Pileggi, Penn Badgley.
Director(s): David Barrett.
Producer(s): McG, Stephanie Savage , Shaun Cassidy.
Writer(s): Shaun Cassidy.

Original Airdate: September 22, 2004.

Could this be another guilty pleasure like One Tree Hill?
Old 09-23-04, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Am I the only one who watched this?

The music was good - mostly.

I still wish I knew what happened to Anson Mount's character, Roy, on Line of Fire last season. Stupid ABC.
Old 09-23-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate to say it but I sort of liked the show..

Reminds me of all those cheesy 80's films I watched back in the day with the same sort of theme.. Good looking chicks, rock music, and some battle over a moutain, resort, beach, camp ground or whatever family based location you can think of..

Seems like the show could work in guest stars and winter sport actions clips really easy but I fear it will slip into yelling between those who have one idea for the moutain Vs those who have another idea.. That would get old quick..

I'll keep watching... Always sort of had a thing for shows set in moutain areas for some strange reason.. Not really sure why, I live in california, not like the moutains are far off or anything.

Live close enough (sacramento) that the local news come winter has those dumb people who get stuck without chains over Donner summit and go "We had no idea that the snow would blah blah blah." ERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?!!?!? Hello?! It's "Donner" as in Donner party, summit, not like you did not study the whole area in school and what happened..

of course I'm pretty sure that The Mountain will have no cannibal story lines.
Old 09-23-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just can't stand Oliver Hudson, couldn't stand him on Dawson's Creek, and it makes for a tough sale on this show. Then again, hot chicks...hmm...
Old 09-23-04, 12:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I was going to watch it, but watched Veronica Mars instead.

The WB is running it again tonight and it'll be one of the shows that will be part of EZ-view on Sunday so I'll probably catch it at some point.

Last edited by MrX; 09-23-04 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
I just can't stand Oliver Hudson, couldn't stand him on Dawson's Creek, and it makes for a tough sale on this show. Then again, hot chicks...hmm...
I think I was one of the two people that watched (and liked) his WB show a few seasons ago called "How to be a Rock Star" or something like that.

I have to wonder if Oliver Hudson has some incriminating photos of a WB executive or what? He is like their in-house actor.

I didn't watch this show-- was it bad? I think I'll grab the replay on Sunday night. I find myself looking for more and more brain-dead TV shows to watch while I'm nursing the baby. I actually set a Season Pass for "The View", so you know I'll watch anything without substance.
Old 09-23-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So that's where Eddie went after Joey broke his heart...
Old 09-23-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No - it wasn't that bad, but it's not exactly Everwood either.

Oliver Hudson doesn't bother me - the WB has plenty of contract actors that get on my nerves and pop up in show after show, like Chad Michael Murray, but he is not one of them...
Old 09-26-04, 07:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Caught the replay today.

It started off slow, but finished up well enough.

I like Anson Mount, but I didn't really care for him in this.
Old 09-27-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gee, a Romeo and Juliet storyline to kick off this show? So I watched the pilot since it's raining and I had nothing else left to watch.

The redhead's nice, but too easy. The ex-girlfriend is pretty hot. The sister's a ho, just don't know it yet. The Ducky character is pretty lame. Travis is a MILFHunter.

I won't make this show a high priority, so if I catch the next few episodes, it'll be after I've exhausted all the other shows on my ReplayTVs.
Old 09-28-04, 01:35 AM

Hey Jadzia--I kind of liked that show he was on too. I think it was called "My Guide to Being a Rock Star."

As for The Mountain, I didn't particularly like the pilot, so I don't think I'll be watching it.
Old 09-28-04, 02:13 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

The pilot wasn't that good, but the music was good enough to get me to watch more. I really liked the way they used the Deftones song, but they did a horrible job with the Von Bondies song. Was that MC Chris during the fight? I didn't recognize the song, but it sounded like him.
Old 09-28-04, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I think I was one of the two people that watched (and liked) his WB show a few seasons ago called "How to be a Rock Star" or something like that.
You and me both. Loved that show (My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star). In comparison, The Mountain sucked, but for now I'll catch it on easy view (until the rest of my shows start and I have no more time for crappy shows ).
Old 09-28-04, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally watched this today. I kept thinking the plot reminded me of a low-rent version of the Six Feet Under pilot. Family business? Check. Two brothers, one a free spirit, the other the dutiful one? Check. Bratty teenage sister? Check. Patriarch of the family dies? Check. Brothers resent the will? Check. Big bad conglomerate wants to take over the family business? Check. Free spirited brother considers selling? Check. Finally decides to run business with his brother? Check.

I think I know where the writers got their inspiration.