DVD Talk
All you Star Wars haters are a bunch of big poopie heads! [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : All you Star Wars haters are a bunch of big poopie heads!

El-Kabong
09-21-04, 10:45 PM
I just finished up watching all three special editions in a massive marathon of Geekness. I hate to break it to you, but the new cut of the Special Editions are great and Return of the Jedi rules as much as the other two. All you Luca$ Haters are dead WRONG!.

Thank you for your mandatory compliance in this matter.

RyoHazuki
09-21-04, 11:29 PM
So many cliche posts, so little time.

jaeufraser
09-21-04, 11:51 PM
But...Lucas raped my childhood. Or something like that.

Copenhagen
09-21-04, 11:55 PM
*golf clap*

cactusoly
09-22-04, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by El-Kabong
I just finished up watching all three special editions in a massive marathon of Geekness. I hate to break it to you, but the new cut of the Special Editions are great and Return of the Jedi rules as much as the other two. All you Luca$ Haters are dead WRONG!.

Thank you for your mandatory compliance in this matter.

The Lucas haters are not necessarily wrong because its just a matter of opinion. What is wrong is when they dwell on things they hate so much instead of doing something they like.

Rogue588
09-22-04, 01:10 AM
the only reason the Luca$ "haters"* dwell on it is because there's 3,216 threads about everything from who's ditching Jedi to the comparisons of how much glue was used on the widescreen box vs the full screen...

*[it's mandatory that the "S" be represented with the "$" when invoking the "haters" adjective to describe people who would just like the opportunity to own a version of THEIR choosing -- particularly the ones that were "ripped" from Lucas back in '77, '80 and '83]

calhoun07
09-22-04, 01:15 AM
Yeah, but Han still walks OVER Jabba's tail. And even if they can't change that, should the reaction of the creature that would make Tony Soprano shiver in his shoes be, "Ohhhhhhh!" It should be like, "Solo, I am going to double the bounty on your head for that, you fucker!"

PopcornTreeCt
09-22-04, 01:24 AM
Russ Meyer just died. Show some respect!!

ArchibaldTuttle
09-22-04, 01:32 AM
I love Star Wars too!

devilshalo
09-22-04, 01:32 AM
I hear that Bruce the shark will now live at the end of Jaws for the super fantastic 50th anniversary director's cut and Quint will live as well with Ewan playing the part and being digitally inserted in the film's final scenes.

Jepthah
09-22-04, 01:36 AM
Screw George Lucas, his wanky digital defacements of his own work, his third-grade mentality in writing and directing his new films, and screw his apologists who think he is a genius who can do no wrong too.

I am proud to be counted in the "whining" camp who refuse to further line his pockets today.

Oh, and see you in line next Memorial Day and on the boards as I tear ROTS apart piece by piece, borrowing the title of a Skinny Puppy work to introduce the topic: "Star Wars: Ain't It Dead Yet?" :D

Jackskeleton
09-22-04, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by jaeufraser
But...Lucas raped my childhood. Or something like that.

Stop raping my generic star wars thread response. :p

Kicker_of_Elves
09-22-04, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Jepthah
Oh, and see you in line next Memorial Day and on the boards as I tear ROTS apart piece by piece, borrowing the title of a Skinny Puppy work to introduce the topic: "Star Wars: Ain't It Dead Yet?" :D

-ohbfrank-

El-Kabong
09-22-04, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by cactusoly
The Lucas haters are not necessarily wrong because its just a matter of opinion.

Nope, it may be an opinion, but it's still a WRONG opinion. I stand by my earlier statment.

Lara Means
09-22-04, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by El-Kabong
I hate to break it to you, but the new cut of the Special Editions are great and Return of the Jedi rules as much as the other two.

Hate to break it to you but the lazy, rehashed story of Jedi and Harrison Ford's lousy Solo performance will forever prevent the saga's conclusion from ruling like the first two films.

Jackskeleton
09-22-04, 05:32 AM
Hate to break it to you but Harrison Ford's Lousy stiff "Harrison Ford" acting was present in all three films. Regardless of this fact it is still enjoyable.

as for rehashed story? what the fuck are you talking about? Oooh, it had a death star.. yeah, it couldn't possibly be good cause it contained elements from the other film. -rolleyes-

Trigger
09-22-04, 06:33 AM
What's this "Star... Wars" I keep hearing about? Is it like about pokemon cards or something?

Lara Means
09-22-04, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Hate to break it to you but Harrison Ford's Lousy stiff "Harrison Ford" acting was present in all three films.

Bullshit. In both Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back Ford was cocky but dashing, hilarious, energetic and fun to watch. In Jedi he looked haggard, bloated and completely disinterested with his role by that point. And for some reason Solo, who was such a lovable character in the first two, had turned into a callow asshole with lame lines and nothing of interest to say or do. I'm thinking specifically of his "Hurry it up, will ya?" scene with Threepio and that stupid fight with Leia after Luke leaves the Rebels to see Vader.

Dead
09-22-04, 08:34 AM
El-Kabong, being insulting toward other members isn't a good basis for a thread and in this case it's trolling too.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0