Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dead Like Me...lots of profanity?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-04, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Like Me...lots of profanity?

I know its on Showtime so that's why I am asking. I am just going through TV sets like they're water. I just finsihed Diff'rent Strokes The Complete First Season(after only a week's time). I've had pretty much comedy's all the way through. From the adult Sex and the City(My favorite Blind Buy ever!!!!!!) to Saved by the Bell to the Jeffersons and then to Diff'rent Strokes. I think I'd like something a little more serious to get involved with. I saw Dead Like Me for sale for $25 dollars(no tax, and brand new) so I'm thinking about popping the money for this, but since this show focuses on death is there alot of profanity and violence? I noticed its on at 10pm and and on Showtime so my bets would be yes. Should I take the reaper for a spin in the DVD drive?
Old 09-19-04, 08:22 PM

If you were able to deal with the language and situations on Sex and the City then this should be no problem. Its a good show and Season 2 which is airing right now seems like its getting even better...but at $25 its definitely worth it, I would say check it out.
Old 09-19-04, 08:31 PM

There is profanity and violence, but nothing graphic. The bad words are usually just used as adjectives or exclamations that most mature adults wouldn't even blink at- unlike Sex in the City, which should make just about anyone blush. The death scenes tend to be comical and lack the blood or intensity like something you'd see on CSI or ER.
Old 09-19-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The deaths can be somewhat gruesome.
Old 09-19-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a decent amount of swearing in it. Sometimes I think they have them throw in the F word here and there just for the fun of it.
Old 09-19-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
where did you find it for $25? I've been waiting to find a price under $35...

-jason
Old 09-19-04, 10:40 PM
Banned

I saw it for $25 brand new at the Swap Meet of Orange County. The guy is cool as heck that owns the place. He sells them brand spanking new and offers such great deals you would think this guy was smoking the ganja with Bob Marley.

I saw all of these for $25!!!!!!!!!!!!(no Tax if you paid with cash!!!)

1 Alias Season 3

2) Nip/Tuck Season 1

3) Dead Like Me- Season 1

4) Oz-The Complete 4th Season

5) FUTURAMA SEASON 1 AND 2 (ODDLY THEY were both priced the same)

6) The Shield-Season 1

Pretty amazing deals, and the best prices in town. Only thing that sucks is that are are only opened on Saturday and Sunday, and the selection isn't the greatest in the world. But boy the prices sure are
Old 09-19-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dead Like Me is pretty much always rated TV-14. The only character that swears with any regularity is Mason. It is still a far cry from a show like Deadwood.

There's not really any graphic violence, either. Most of the gruesome deaths are implied or shown after the fact.