Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fraggle Rock dvd(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fraggle Rock dvd(s)?

Are there any fraggle rock dvds out at all. I did a search on Amazon and came up with this

Does anyone have any info on what this will contain.

Also, does anyone know where I can get fraggle rock dolls?
Old 09-19-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some came out at Walmart as a test and this one coming out is the same but with more extras.

I have seen this site before with news and dolls.

http://www.fragglerocker.com/
Old 09-19-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
A search on DVD Talk would've yielded

THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS or THIS.
Old 09-20-04, 10:01 AM

Well THIS is just plain dumb! I bought that Fraggle Rock DVD and would have loved to see a season set of Fraggle Rock but instead we get the same DVD release like a month ago NOW with bonus material! Since they are releaseing this to all those people that didnt buy it at Wal Mart the test apparently went well so in return we get SCREWED! Not season sets or even more episodes. This is one of those times when DVD sucks, double dipping is fine or getting a Special Edition to replace an old movie but when the Special Edition comes out like this, uncalled for!
Old 09-20-04, 11:00 AM

I loved Fraggle Rock as a kid. I remember going to school the day after a new episode and talking about it on the playground. I'm thinking I was in the 1st or 2nd grade at the time.

I've always wanted to watch at least one episode again for a couple years now. I've often searched for it on my TiVo, but have never found it on TV. I don't know if I would buy seasons of the show, but I would at least rent a disc or two.
Old 09-22-04, 10:25 AM

They have a little thing on thedigitalbits.com today. They are saying that they will be releasing season sets starting in Fall 2005.
Old 09-22-04, 11:54 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by b11051973
They have a little thing on thedigitalbits.com today. They are saying that they will be releasing season sets starting in Fall 2005.
Here's the quote from www.digitalbits.com:

"By the way... a quick follow-up on that Fraggle Rock story we posted on Monday. We've been informed that HIT Entertainment is now officially planning on releasing the series in full-season sets Fall 2005. Thanks to Bits reader Kevin A. for the scoop!

Stay tuned!"
Old 09-22-04, 12:12 PM
Banned

How many seasons were there?
Old 09-22-04, 02:31 PM
Defunct Account

I loved this show and still have the VHS tapes that they released. I was in college when it aired, but my roomie and I loved the show.

There were a lot of student activists at UT Austin, and we decided to get into the fray by putting out some flyers for the fictisious orginization F.E.E.D.: Food for Ecologically Endangered Doozers. They never actually stated what the Doozers ate. The Fragles ate Doozer constructions and radishes, the Gorgs ate food from thier garden, the rats on the trash heap ate garbage, but what did the poor doozers eat????

It still keeps me up at night.
Old 09-22-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AH But will the new release have the PINGU episode?
Just make with the Darn Fraggle DVDs already the "test" market DVD got my son hooked and I am burning out on those three episodes!
Old 09-13-06, 03:20 PM

Ya know, I kinda feel guilty about reviving a long dead thread... but at lunch some friends and I were talking about shows we recall from years ago, and Fraggle Rock came up, so I went surfing for Fraggle Rock on DVD... saw this thread... and then stumbled onto the "revelation" that Seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD! So... in case any of ya'll are still interested... I figured I'd post a link to a page I found with some info at: http://www.popartsplace.com/Pages/Te...television.htm
Old 09-13-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by KathyBrowncoat
Ya know, I kinda feel guilty about reviving a long dead thread... but at lunch some friends and I were talking about shows we recall from years ago, and Fraggle Rock came up, so I went surfing for Fraggle Rock on DVD... saw this thread... and then stumbled onto the "revelation" that Seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD! So... in case any of ya'll are still interested... I figured I'd post a link to a page I found with some info at: http://www.popartsplace.com/Pages/Te...television.htm
Yes we know... so you did a search for "Fraggle" right? How did you miss these:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=424611

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=453680
Old 09-13-06, 03:51 PM

By using google to surf and being brought straight to the thread and being too excited to even THINK about surfing within the board... just kept surfing, then skimmed back up to the google link to here and posted in my enthusiasm! Sorry