Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jlu: 9/18

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jlu: 9/18

anyone watch it? missed it cause of repeat for last comic standing.
Old 09-18-04, 11:42 PM

this episode was f'ing awesome. seeing everyone use their powers and jlu being in full force was cool. i just didnt like how
Spoiler:
things were resolved by talking things out.
Old 09-19-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FUCK'N A
Spoiler:
THE CORPS!!!!!!
Old 09-19-04, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The scene with everyone out in space was awesome
Old 09-19-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Considering two of my favorite DC Comics characters, DR. FATE and THE ATOM, got their props in this awesome ep, I'm happy.
Old 09-19-04, 02:54 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would've rather had either more big JLU action or more Lex and Atom. I miss the hour episodes. I liked McGinley, but it would have been nice if he had a few more lines and if he had put a little more emotion into his performance.
Old 09-19-04, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I'm waiting patiently for DR Fate to actually do something.
Old 09-19-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Poor Red Tornado. That was vicious.

Who was the guy in space with a stat on his chest... was that supposed to be some version of Starman?
Old 09-19-04, 06:29 PM
Banned

Yes. There have been 8 "Starmen" in the DCU. I'd guess that was either Prince Gavyn or Will Payton.
Old 09-19-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
now I see how I missed this. did a search for justice but the title was abbreviated
nice seeing the other green lantern, other human one that is, with the mask
this did bring up something that I also noticed in one of the recent superman cartoon series. Why does he wear a space suit in these recent cartoon incarnations?
Old 09-19-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
there's a weekly running joke at the comic store I go to about how I keep missing this show..

could someone tell me what made the Hawkgirl reveal so "dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaah"?
Old 09-20-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
there's a weekly running joke at the comic store I go to about how I keep missing this show..

could someone tell me what made the Hawkgirl reveal so "dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaah"?
She and Stewart broke up last year and she went off to places unknown.

Unknown til now that is. dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Old 09-20-04, 12:26 AM
Banned

Pretty interesting with the GL stuff. Kyle and John (or anybody else) were never GLs simultaneously in the DCU. No Hal could quite possibly mean an appearance by Hal Jordan/The Spectre.

Also, Dr Fate still appears to be the big-wig in JLU. When John said even Fate wasn't powerful enough to stop the whole GL Corps, you have to wonder...
Old 09-20-04, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by Eric F
Kyle and John (or anybody else) were never GLs simultaneously in the DCU.
Rayner and Stewart had a little heart to heart two issues ago in GL after the obligatory superhero misunderstanding fight.
Old 09-20-04, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Sounds like kick ass ep. I can't wait to see it next week on repeat.

Dr. Fate
Old 09-20-04, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Eric F
Pretty interesting with the GL stuff. Kyle and John (or anybody else) were never GLs simultaneously in the DCU. No Hal could quite possibly mean an appearance by Hal Jordan/The Spectre.
never say never

In the Dini-Universe Hal was not Green Latern. Kyle was the one that pretty much had the whole Hal jodran origin story line happen to. He was choosen in the Superman Adventures episode "In Brightest Day".

So just safe to assume that Hal was never GL there. Which is sad since I do enjoy Hal as green latern more then Kyle.
Old 09-20-04, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent episode this week

Now this was the type of episode I was expecting when I first heard about "Unlimited".
Old 09-20-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
now I see how I missed this. did a search for justice but the title was abbreviated
A simple request to thread starters: Please use the entire title in the thread subject. No acronyms, please. It just makes it easier on everyone.
Old 09-20-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
An episode can never go wrong when it has the Lantern Corps.

Can any comic geeks elaborate on the significance/powers of Dr. Fate?
Old 09-20-04, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The mantle of Fate has settled upon the shoulders of Hector Hall, and although he is not the first mortal to bear this responsibility, he may prove to be the greatest at it. The only child of Carter and Shiera Hall (the original Hawkman and Hawkgirl), Hector grew up surrounded by superheroes. Putting himself under great pressure to prove his worth to his father, Hector adopted a heroic identity all his own. As the Silver Scarab, he fought against crime and injustice. Unfortunately, he eventually succumbed to a curse placed upon him by an enemy of his parents, a woman who claimed to be the reincarnation of Hath-Set (the slayer of Earth's first Hawkman). Hector's will was strong, but his life, ultimately, was lost.

Hector's troubled consciousness drifted aimlessly on another plane until he, like his parents before him, was reborn in a new life as a champion of balance and justice. Now, as the new Dr. Fate, Hector commands a vast array of magical spells and eldritch formulae. His golden helmet is inhabited by the spirit of Nabu, an ancient Egyptian sorcerer, who whispers spells to Hector. As a result, there is a constant sound from underneath Hector's helmet that those around him find disturbing.

The immense responsibility of bearing the Fate artifacts has not been an easy one for Hector, and he continually struggles to better his performance in the role. His companions in the new JSA often wonder if Hector can successfully balance the powerful forces now at his disposal with some semblance of a normal life. But no one wonders this more than Hector himself.

Nabu was an advisor to Hector's father in ancient Egypt, and Dr. Fate will once again counsel him through a dire and perilous situation. Fate has a message for his father that he must deliver soon... before it is too late.
http://www.dccomics.com/secret_files...temCode=drfate
Old 09-20-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
thanks
Old 09-20-04, 09:26 AM
Banned

Jack, that pic of Hal GL And Kyle were taken after Hal already went nuts and became Parallax? Geez, I hated that whole storyline- one of the main reasons I stopped collecting DC comics.

Nabu was a lord of Order, at least later on- sort of implied by Dr Fate in this episode where he said his job was to help people find their way.

Last edited by Eric F; 09-20-04 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-20-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great show. They need more "Unlimited" shows like this if the want to on next season.

The Atom was so cool to see, always one of my favorites from the 70's JL. More Lex and Atom would have been nice to see. And showing some of the space battle should have been done.

The android has always been beaten with thinking than brawn. The 1st JL comic I ever read in the 70's was when Batman beat the android, even though he did not have superpowers - that issue got me hooked on JL/comics.
Old 09-20-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I wish i knew who more of those heroes were
Old 09-20-04, 03:31 PM

What I want to know is what happened to Supergirl? She just kind of stopped in the tunnel and we never saw her again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.