DVD Talk
Baadasssss! [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Baadasssss!

Mondo Kane
09-18-04, 02:27 AM
Wow! Anybody else out there dig this flick? I've only had the DVD for a few days, but this is rapidly becoming my favorite movie about a movie!

I'd never thought I'd say this but Mario Van Peebles acts his ass off and displays some unheard-of talent. The pacing is great and how about that clever casting with Vincent Schiavelli as Jerry Gross!

Without a doubt, One of my favorites of the year.

SPiRAL
09-18-04, 02:40 AM
I enjoyed this also, I rented it the other day. I saw it in the theater also, but I was way too drunk to remember much.

Jepthah
09-18-04, 02:51 AM
Just rented it and liked it so much I may buy it.

Truly inspirational, entertaining and funny.

Timsterino
01-20-05, 11:35 PM
I just watched this film and loved it. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys film biographies or just a great flick.

Tim :-)

sauce07
01-21-05, 12:19 AM
i watched this for the first time yesterday, and i couldn't help but watch it again last night.
amazing movie, funny, touching, extremely well acted

BenboC
01-21-05, 02:28 AM
Count me in as well. I haven't gone through the extras, but the father son commentary should be fairly interesting.

Giantrobo
01-21-05, 02:33 AM
I heard this movie was great.

Trigger
01-21-05, 04:42 AM
trailer link?

DVDho78DTS
01-21-05, 10:53 AM
trailer link?

High Res. (http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/syndication/trailers/baadasssss/baadasssss_300.mov)

Troy Stiffler
01-21-05, 10:57 AM
Excellent movie.

...coming from a guy who HATES movies about movies. I think they're the lowest of the low.

dude_dan
01-21-05, 01:39 PM
Loved Mario Van Peebles in Heartbreak Ridge.
Yeah, I know, cheesy movie but what great cheese!!

Mondo Kane
01-21-05, 03:22 PM
I heard this movie was great.

Karimah Westbrook (The movie's brickhouse) helps make it great.
:eyebrow:

atlantamoi
01-21-05, 06:55 PM
Excellent movie.

...coming from a guy who HATES movies about movies. I think they're the lowest of the low.

That's funny. I also hate movies about movies... and movies about plays. But Baadassss! was a decent flick. And "Waiting For Guffman" (about a play) is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen. So, there goes my hatin' on movies about plays!

Giantrobo
01-21-05, 11:11 PM
That's funny. I also hate movies about movies... and movies about plays. But Baadassss! was a decent flick. And "Waiting For Guffman" (about a play) is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen. So, there goes my hatin' on movies about plays!

Slightly off topic...

"Topsy Turvy" was kinda about a play but if you haven't seen it do so. IMHO It was excellent. Nothing but solid acting by Jim Broadbent and others. :up:

HistoryProf
01-22-05, 02:50 AM
Just finished watching this and I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. Absolutely terrific film I noticed Blockbuster had a pvd one for sale when i traded some things in the other day, so i'm going back tomorrow to buy it.

HistoryProf
01-22-05, 02:52 AM
Karimah Westbrook (The movie's brickhouse) helps make it great.
:eyebrow:
You ain't kiddin.... :drool: that was some of the finest unexpected cinema skin in history. Good god that woman has got it goin on!! :drool:

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0