Reload this Page >

The Love Boat....anytime ever?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-14-04, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my favorite "old school"s shows. Any chance that this might actually get released by Seasons soon? Anyone heard a darn thing?
Old 09-14-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't see this one coming out too soon. I loved it when it was on, but after watching an episode recently, it has not aged well.
Old 09-14-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally posted by indycohiba
Can't see this one coming out too soon. I loved it when it was on, but after watching an episode recently, it has not aged well.
I disagree. After watching a few episodes on TVLand, I realized that it was much better than the trash that is on TV today.... cynical "reality" shows, dumb sitcoms, etc.

A great "who's who" of older generation stars. Granted the 70's fashions are a give-away, but it's still a fun show.
Old 09-15-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If wretched stuff like PUNKY BREWSTER and SAVED BY THE BELL can be on DVD, I can't see why some sort of LOVE BOAT release wouldn't eventually be released.

Being dated really has no bearing on whether or not a show will sell on DVD, or if it is entertaining or not. PUNKY and SAVED are already far more dated than THE LOVE BOAT, even though they came later.
Old 09-15-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would pick up The Love Boat in a heartbeat. Hope it comes out eventually.

Be sure to vote for it at www.tvshowsondvd.com
Old 09-15-04, 06:16 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure it will be coming out, its just a matter of time.
Old 09-16-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone want to take bets on when?
Old 09-16-04, 07:24 PM

It might be dependant on how well the sets of Green Acres, Dallas, Charlie's Angels and the rest of the released "retro" shows are doing. I've never seen the Love Boat myself but I think the fanbase is big enough for it, I've certainly seen a ton of references to it in all facets of pop culture (sketch shows, commercials, etc etc) I'd take a bet on two years for this show, provided that older TV show sets are selling well.
Old 09-16-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SideShow
It might be dependant on how well the sets of Green Acres, Dallas, Charlie's Angels and the rest of the released "retro" shows are doing. I've never seen the Love Boat myself but I think the fanbase is big enough for it, I've certainly seen a ton of references to it in all facets of pop culture (sketch shows, commercials, etc etc) I'd take a bet on two years for this show, provided that older TV show sets are selling well.
That is a long time out. Charlie's Angels did not sell as well as expected. I don't think we will see anymore sets of it. I think the market is going to be flooded with TV shows real soon and that could hurt future releases. Most people can't keep up now. I mean how many times would you really re-watch The Loveboat. I know there are a few diehard fans, but most people aren't going to.

I just hope they release all seasons of Magnum P.I. and eventually release Rockford.
Old 09-16-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I'd buy a season, or a best of (I know sacrilege). No way I'd buy every episode though.