Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

PAPARAZZI - surely someone else has seen it ?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 09:05 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I really thought it was quite a decent flick

Good revenge movie, not excessively violent and yeah good ending

SOmeone else must have seen it ?
Old 09-13-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This guy saw it and posted his thoughts in the already existing Paparazzi thread:

Originally posted by Original Desmond
just saw this movie and i liked it

it;s not a classic but it is a good old school revenge movie

the bias against the Paparazzi is obvious but i didn't mind

I love revenge films where the revenger gets to kill and get away scott free
Old 09-13-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki
This guy saw it and posted his thoughts in the already existing Paparazzi thread:
Old 09-13-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HA HA HA HA. O_D, you got owned.
Old 09-14-04, 06:36 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah but no one else has so obviously i must be the only one who has seen it !
Old 09-14-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw it and liked it, like Death Wish but with an action star as the lead. One gripe is the cheesy names for the movie he was starring in, Adrenaline Force 1 and 2?
Old 09-14-04, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks, RyoHazuki. That was the best laugh I've had all day.
Old 09-14-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just seeing the previews I imagined Bruce Willis hunting down paparazzi and killing them

How would he get away with it??!?

There's one movie I will gladly never see
Old 09-14-04, 10:50 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by harosa
I just saw it and liked it, like Death Wish but with an action star as the lead. One gripe is the cheesy names for the movie he was starring in, Adrenaline Force 1 and 2?
Saw it last night and this cracked me up as well. They looked like mid-90s direct-to-video flicks starring Don "the Dragon" Wilson or Lorenzo Lamas, not the big blockbusters they were made out to be. I had a problem with the timeline on these too.
Spoiler:
At the beginning he's at the premiere for AF1. Almost the next scene he's filming AF2... how much time went between that premiere and the rest of the movie. And then at the end he's at the premiere for AF2.

The movie was silly but somewhat enjoyable. I didn't hate it, but it was a complete logical mess.

Spoiler:
The detective forgets about the traffic cams til the end of the movie? And he can get a shot of who's in the car, but not a shot of the paparazzi cars terrorizing Bo?

They could get the cops to protect the house after the break-in, but couldn't reveal the perpetrators because they threatened to go after their son in the hospital if they did... why not tell them and have the cops protect the kid at the hospital?

Furthermore, if he's really this big star, couldn't he have hired security? Or at least equip his remote house with fences/motion detectors/cameras/whatever?

All the evil paparazzis worked for Paparazzi magazine... why couldn't he just sue the magazine? If Tom Cruise can sue for gay accusations, I'm sure Bo could've sued for physical endangerment!

And what kind of agents does Bo have if the first time he hears about the tabloid with him and his wife naked on the cover is at the store, already on sale? Shouldn't they give him a heads up?

and so on and so on...

And the cameos were weird, because they seemed like they were comedy movie-style cameos, shoved into this (attempting to be) serious story.

Last edited by DRG; 09-14-04 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-15-04, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SPOILER (not like it matters, thread is kind of dead)

I thought Vaughn's and Mel's cameos were great, Rock's seemed very Airplane'ish. As far as Adrenaline Force goes, would a major star of his supposed caliber follow up his first big hit with a sequel?
Old 09-15-04, 09:46 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by harosa
As far as Adrenaline Force goes, would a major star of his supposed caliber follow up his first big hit with a sequel?
Old 01-25-05, 08:42 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I watched this last night. And while it is a very silly movie indeed and tough to take seriously, it was quite entertaining. I liked the cameo's (nice to see Tim Thomerson back on screen) and Tom Sizemore did another over-the-top whacko nut-job performance. WTF was up with the techno music during the kids soccer game though?!?
Old 07-15-05, 05:14 PM
Banned

I haven't seen it yet. It was also one of those movies where the studio wouldn't let critics screen it before it came out (i.e. Amityville Horror, Alien vs. Predator, From Justin to Kelly, Cursed), so that might tell you all you need to know.

On the other hand, there's nothing morally wrong with killing paparazzi.
Old 07-16-05, 02:54 AM

I actually liked it a lot more than I expected. An engrossing and enjoyable watch, and one I'll probably be picking up after price drops.
Old 07-16-05, 10:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Legolas
It was also one of those movies where the studio wouldn't let critics screen it before it came out (i.e. Amityville Horror, Alien vs. Predator Cursed), so that might tell you all you need to know.
To be fair, the three titles above DID screen for critics. JUSTIN TO KELLY did not.
Old 07-17-05, 03:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scott shelton
To be fair, the three titles above DID screen for critics. JUSTIN TO KELLY did not.
So when the reviews of these movies show up in newspapers AFTER the release date and the critics say they weren't given advance screenings, they were lying? And Ebert and Roeper were lying too about there not being screenings for those movies?
Old 07-17-05, 05:12 AM
Banned

I liked it, it was worth the rental.
Old 07-17-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
I don't think the movie was meant to be taken too seriously. Too me it came across as a big inside joke for celebrities. They would get the most enjoyment out it. Celebrities could live out their fantasy of killing paparazzi vicariously through the movie. Gibson probably made it(he was the producer, right?) to see on screen what he would really like to do off screen. That was my take on it. I liked it.