Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Six Feet Under (season finale) 9/12/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-12-04, 07:32 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Ruth is delighted to meet George's daughter, but worries as his paranoid "views" of the future escalate. "Star" Claire gets high off her newfound fame; Federico pleads his case to Vanessa, who delivers a verdict; David confronts a demon face-to-face; Keith considers an unlikely business proposal; and Nate comes to final blows with Barb and Hoyt.

Last edited by Geofferson; 09-13-04 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-12-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...quite a closer. Looks like George is a paranoid schizophrenic Russell is such a pansy the way he tried to fight back
Old 09-12-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty low key episode (except for one storyline).

Loved Claire in this episode. Lauren Ambrose did great acting in this particular one and deserves the Emmy next year.

I have to gather my thoughts (and watch again) before I comment further.
Old 09-12-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Up until the final 20 minutes, I thought it was ho-hum, but then the fireworks came out.

At least they amped up the opening death, nice and gory.

Rico has to face the dissolution of his marriage, the price paid for him breaking the trust between him and Vanessa.

Claire and Billy get busy. She's turning into a serious druggie though. Her friends have been alienated by her new-found status as a "hot" artist.

Ruth has to deal with George, who is trapped in a bomb cellar both physically and mentally.

Nate gets to close the door on Lisa, though that closure exacted a high personal price in Lisa's family.

David faces his tormentor, and his father gives him the "get over your pathetic self" talk, perhaps David will heed the advice.

Last edited by Patman; 09-13-04 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-12-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
OMG, I can't believe I was right about who killed Lisa, and why. I still think it was kinda cheesy, but they handled it well. I'm surprised there weren't any real cliffhangers, but glad, since we won't see any new episodes for a year or so.
Rob

(edited to add spoiler tags)

Last edited by RobCA; 09-12-04 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-12-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With this brilliant and intense finale, this show's solid fourth season went from a tie with season one into sole possession of second place, behind only the classic season two. This more than atones for the lackluster season three.

That's about the most intense thing I've seen in several years. Probably since Wallace's last scene from the first season on The Wire.
Old 09-13-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RobCA
Spoiler:
OMG, I can't believe I was right about who killed Lisa, and why.
uh, what? I didn't catch that at the end.
Old 09-13-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,169 Likes on 4,199 Posts
Huge revalation about Lisa. wow. Very good season and a satisfying end.

Now maybe season four will see the Fisher boys climb out of their respective funks and live a little...
Old 09-13-04, 03:31 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Spoiler:
OMG, I can't believe I was right about who killed Lisa, and why. I still think it was kinda cheesy, but they handled it well. I'm surprised there weren't any real cliffhangers, but glad, since we won't see any new episodes for a year or so.
Rob

Damn! I missed tonight but could NOT resist finding out what happened. I had kinda thought the same, but that character was barley shown.
Old 09-13-04, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
Spoiler:
Rob

wow, right on the money
Old 09-13-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Very strong conclusion - and I don't think it would have had the same impact if the season hadn't slowly led us up to this point.
Old 09-13-04, 08:21 AM

Enjoyed the finale last night. Caught me off-guard a few times with the opening death scene, the vomiting scene with the former wife ( ) and the final act. I hope last night's episode provided ample closure for both Nate and David. Now George on the other hand...
Old 09-13-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I screwed up at one part. I'll try not to spoiler, so here goes. I thought for a second that a certain in-law was not an in-law, but a blood relative.

So I was even more shocked for a few minutes.
Old 09-13-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Spoiler:
Rob

Props.
Old 09-13-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just found myself thinking 'I love this show" throughtout the season finale. Nice ta see Alan Ball take charge of this one. The shots with one character in the foreground and other action in the background were beautiful, and I can never get over the lighting on this show!

Very satisfying episode, with my favorite scene being
Spoiler:
Rico coming to grips with the marriage being over and "setting up" his new living quarters. "Okay..so..this is my life now..."

So..how long do we have until Season 5? Is it a done deal yet...have they announced plans to continue? Without cliff-hangers, this could be a logical ending to the series.
Old 09-13-04, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by BassDude
Without cliff-hangers, this could be a logical ending to the series.
I am wondering the same. This season finale would have been a decent series finale.
Old 09-13-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
I am wondering the same. This season finale would have been a decent series finale.

Do we really want to leave George where he is? Hmmm, actually not a bad idea!
Old 09-13-04, 04:10 PM
drc
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, is there any chance ...
Spoiler:
... that Nate isn't the father of Mya?
Old 09-13-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by crooksha
Spoiler:
OHMIGAWD....never even thought of that...

Old 09-13-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Spoiler:
There is always this chance, but Lisa was living in Seattle when Nate and her got together. Unless she came down to California at that exact same time.
Old 09-13-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by BassDude
Without cliff-hangers, this could be a logical ending to the series.
If it wasn't for George I would think the same thing. Somehow it seems wrong to just leave him hanging in the bomb shelter like that.
Old 09-13-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That was my immediate assumption. I thought that the line where Lisa tells Nate that since Barb is only the aunt and he is the father she would have no rights was really clumsy and out of place, and put there for a reason. I figure that Barb's husband is going to be the father, which will put Nate and Barb on equal setting, as the spouses of the two biological parents
Old 09-13-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sherm42
There is always this chance, but Lisa was living in Seattle when Nate and her got together. Unless she came down to California at that exact same time.
Although she had already moved to LA when she pregnant-- remember Nate ran into her at the grocery store and that is how he learned that she was living in LA and that she was pregnant.

I was wondering about the timing of the affair since Hoyt said that the beach was their "special place", but that they were together before she married Nate. I was a little confused by this since she had previously lived in Seattle for so long.
Old 09-13-04, 06:24 PM

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but they never exactly revealed what happened to Lisa that day on the beach did they? I was hoping for some kind of flashback that would SHOW us what happened. Great episode none the less though.

Too bad we'll have to wait awhile for any new episodes. Maybe HBO will make it up to us by releasing Season 3 a little sooner than expected...
Old 09-13-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe I'm confused, but I don't think this really solved anything...

Spoiler:
weren't Hoyt's last words "...and then we went our separate ways"? So, did Lisa kill herself or not? I still don't think she was the type of person to commit suicide, so does that mean he was lying? Did he really kill her and then had to kill himself rather than face that he was having an affair with, and killed his sister-in-law?

just color me confused.

-jason

Last edited by fuzzbox; 09-13-04 at 09:37 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.