Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Will the expanded Apprentice on Saturdays work?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-04, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the point of watching it on Thursdays when you get bonus footage on Saturdays?

Then again you will probably know who got fired by the time you see or tape Saturdays show.
Old 09-11-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
90 minutes was long enough. I wouldn't want bonus footage. They're going to do that every week?

They are trying to sucker people into watching it twice. First on Thursday so nobody spoils it for you, then on Saturday for "bonus" footage.
Old 09-11-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bonus footage might work. it should at least expand the reasoning behind why people get fired. I always thought the reasons behind a most people getting fired seemed a bit trite. This will have more build up to that, I hope. The very least we'll get to see some more backstabbing in action.
of course there may be downsides to having the same show air twice in 2 different forms. Its nice to have the choice to watch either one or both.
Old 09-12-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tivo'd it and skipped to the boardroom sequence. There was lots of new stuff there. I liked how Trump kept asking everyone why they didn't want to kick Raj off the team.
Old 09-12-04, 11:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish they could split the difference somehow. The shorter version is a bit lacking, but the extra 1/2 hour kind of dragged on. If they could've made it 15 minutes of more boardroom (and maybe 15 minutes of extrta stuff from the competition?) it would've flowed better.