Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mark Hamill Talks Star Wars Epis. 7, 8, & 9

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: I should point out that I am at work so I couldn't listen to audio and was in a hurry at the time so didn't post that I have not actually listened to content on the link. As noted below, may not be any great new info there. Take that for what it is worth.

Last edited by Ketamine; 09-10-04 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-10-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 181 Posts
Wasn't able to download the MP3. What's he say?
Old 09-10-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
needs more bold.
Old 09-10-04, 10:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Totally not worth it. This isn't Hamill giving new information about the third trilogy, it's him reminiscing about Lucas's original plans...and that's only a few seconds of the download.
Old 09-10-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

IF GL goes back....I would hope to have a new story line. No more Skywalkers....a new fresh spin on the Star Wars Universe.
Old 09-10-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Ripoff thread of the day.
Old 09-10-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

At least this site does also include one bit of recent info that may be of interest.

Lucasfilm's Jim Ward confirmed that a "Star Wars" TV series is on the way in the near future (though he didn't say when it would be set).
Old 09-10-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Could simply be talking about clone wars since it will have another go around before Episode III.
Old 09-10-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Could simply be talking about clone wars since it will have another go around before Episode III.
No, there is supposed to be a live-action TV show at some point in the future. Probably a few years down the road.
Old 09-10-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What about the news from Rick Mccullum in the official star wars magazine that they are thinking of ways to do more movies?
Old 09-11-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PS. Lucas said that the non disclosure agreements were false.

Plus I'm sure employees signs n.d. agreements for anything/everything that goes on at ILM.
Old 09-11-04, 09:52 AM

I think they need more Ewoks cartoons. Two seasons were not enough.
Old 09-11-04, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by muggins
I think they need more Ewoks cartoons. Two seasons were not enough.

i would like to see chewie and jar jar get married and become king and queen of the ewoks. that would make for some good saturday morning hyjinx
Old 09-12-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If they do indeed go ahead with a TV series I would love them to adapt the Zahn Trilogy...better than the prequels IMO...
Old 09-12-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by KnightLerxst
If they do indeed go ahead with a TV series I would love them to adapt the Zahn Trilogy...better than the prequels IMO...
I'm for that, but then you run into the actors. You can't get someone else to play Luke, Han & Leia. Final Fantasy style CGI would be the only way to go if they chose to do that. But you also have voice issues. But if they did they could probably get a full season out of each of the three novels.
Old 09-12-04, 11:55 PM

Wouldn't a CGI Shadows of the Empire rock?
Old 09-13-04, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away -- It's All Over

Mon Sep 13, 1:37 PM ET Add Movies - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Paul Majendie

LONDON (Reuters) - Bidding goodbye to the gold robot after almost 30 years, Anthony Daniels shed a nostalgic tear for the mechanical manservant who changed his life.

"Oh yes, it was with moisture. This was very much a fond farewell," Daniels said of his last scene as C-3PO, the android who became an icon in the "Star Wars" movies.

His last scene in the sixth and final film was hardly the heady stuff of magic for Daniels. Digital effects saw to that.

"I finished filming on the last film last week. For the final shot I walked along a blue corridor with a blue background behind me talking to someone who wasn't there." he said.

"Revenge of the Sith" is due out next May and completes a trilogy of pre-quels, which tell the back story of the original movie about a battle between good and evil in a distant galaxy.

Daniels makes no secret about his favorite of the six.

"The first film spoke to everyone on the planet. It still works as a funny, bright movie. It still has legs," he said of the films by U.S. director George Lucas.

When Lucas returned to the pre-quels, Daniels was not so sure.

"George's devotion to digital effects over-balanced the films. Too many digital funky characters become a little bit wearing. The storytelling always gets subsumed."

STRANGE IMMORTALITY

For the 58-year-old Daniels, playing a fastidious robot who sounds like a prissy English butler transformed his career.

"He (C-3PO) gave me that lead into a strange kind of immortality. People are very fond of him. His image has haunted me around the planet," he said.

There was also an undeniable sense of achievement from the self-deprecating British actor as he reflected on the squirming discomfort of clunking around the Tunisian desert in searing heat to make film history.

"He has been a best friend for me. He is going to live forever in the ether," he told Reuters in an interview.

Critics may have admired his on-screen chemistry with fellow robot R2-D2 but Daniels said: "I was talking to myself all the time. It was a very lonely experience. I was locked inside a box and had a friend who didn't speak to me."

The English stage actor was initially reluctant to audition for the part and even risked "losing his voice" to Hollywood star Richard Dreyfus as Lucas contemplated dubbing him over.

"Now I have the honor of being the only person to have appeared in all of the movies and I have become the principal spokesman for them," he said.

For there is plenty of life left in the "Star Wars" phenomenon with the worldwide DVD launch of the first three movies on September 20.

Just listening to Daniels' schedule is exhausting.

There is the Paris "Star Wars" convention, the "Star Wars" exhibition in Osaka, being inducted into the Robot Hall of Fame in Pittsburgh, joining forces with storm troopers in London to launch the DVD.

Then comes all the razzmatazz of the final pre-quel.

But nothing will erase his treasured memory of the first time he saw a sketch of the android he was to play.

"When I saw the painting by the design artist, the eyes of the character looked deep into my soul. He was a very forlorn figure with an abandoned air. He really did look into my soul. We made this tremendous contact."