Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy in Round Rock, TX grand opening on 9/10

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-09-04, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the new Best Buy in Round Rock is opening tomorrow... anyone happen to know offhand what grand opening deals they might have?
Old 09-09-04, 02:06 PM

All I know is they are part of our competition now it's supposed to be a bad out store though.
Old 09-10-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to know myself.
Old 09-10-04, 10:41 AM

So, they opened today, right?
Any reports from the field?
Old 09-10-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

haven;t seen anything in the papers advertising a sale
Old 09-10-04, 11:55 AM

Updated!

Each of these movies are available for $14.99:

Johnson Family Vacation
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Hidalgo
13 Going on 30
HellBoy

$15 gift card when your purchase of movies, music, video games totals >= $100.

XBox: 19.99 each

Tenchu: Return From Darkness
Max Payne 2
Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

PC:

Doom3 $49.99
Chris Sawyer's Locomotion $24.99
No Limit Texas Hold'em $14.99
Warcraft Battle Chest $34.99

Last edited by eagin; 09-10-04 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-10-04, 12:06 PM

the 15 dollar giftcard isn't bad....if it would stay in effect for next week that could help me out as I'm prolly goin to spend too much money next week. Is the store any good even because they are our competition now so hopefully they aren't as good as we are .
Old 09-10-04, 01:03 PM

I like it better than the layout of the Arboretum and Lakeline Best Buy stores in Austin... might be similar to the South Austin location since they've renovated, but I don't go down there much.

as you walk in the door, the movies are pretty much where the music is in the other stores, except the rows are angled so that they're facing the door instead of perpendicular to the entrance and so the first thing you see are all the new releases... very convenient... looked like they had video monitors on the end of some of the aisles... I saw an ad for Anchorman playing as I walked by.

music and video games are to the far left in the store... didn't spend much time there because I was disappointed in the sales they were offering and I wanted to swing by Fry's... and it's probably because they just opened, but the sales folks were certainly eager to introduce themselves and emphasize that they're not paid on commission, so if I need any help...

overall, it seems like it's a little more spacious than the other Best Buy stores... and the location is good, though a bit hidden back there if you're not coming up the interstate and see the signs.
Old 09-10-04, 01:44 PM

Our store is just remodeling the departments right now not really rearranging the layout at all. I kind of hate the whole "non commission" explaination we have to go through all these procedurs with people. The funny thing is I scored really high on one with a secret shopper and I don't think that I do a thing they tell us to do there. I like some things about it but we kind of do hassle people too much sometimes I mean some people need help but others just wanna come in and get out really. Any idea of when that 15 dollar gift card thing ends?
Old 09-10-04, 02:05 PM

All the prices in the flyer say Friday and Saturday only... the free gift card offers (there's also a $75 gc if you buy a cell phone and activation) don't specifically say Friday and Saturday only, but I wouldn't count on it past Saturday.

And, has Best Buy always been open until 10 p.m. on Friday & Saturday? this new one is... haven't ever noticed it at the other stores.
Old 09-10-04, 02:28 PM

Yea they do on Fridays and Saturdays and then they close at 7 on Sundays. I've actually heard we may be changing out store hours soon but i don' tknow when or to what yet. That's too bad on the GC because I've already done my buying for the week anyway.
Old 09-10-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by jordb2k4
Yea they do on Fridays and Saturdays and then they close at 7 on Sundays. I've actually heard we may be changing out store hours soon but i don' tknow when or to what yet. That's too bad on the GC because I've already done my buying for the week anyway.
Eh. Go buy a bunch of crap; get handed a giftcard.

Wait a week.

Return the crap.
Old 09-10-04, 03:58 PM

That's actually a good idea.....I wonder if the GC shows up on the reciept though and then they shortchange you 15 bucks on your returns.