Hawaii (9/8): Cops n' Robbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-04, 10:36 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Hawaii (9/8): Cops n' Robbers

Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Episode 3: Cops n' Robbers

Spoiler:
Harrison and Declan track down a serial killer who targets streetwalkers; Declan offends a Hawaiian goddess when he sends his mother some holy lava rocks; Gains and Edwards search for violent carjackers who prey on tourists.

Tonight's episode was actually really good. This show is getting better with each one.

The stories still kinda creep me out (the hooker one), but the actors are really starting to get comfortable with their roles. Especially Danny Edwards (Ivan Sergei). The last ep he was a little over the top, but now he's tolerable.

The writings getting better and they are using the big Hawaiian guy as something more than a stereotype.

I'll keep watching, if they keep airing it.

Sorry B.A., beat you to the punch on this one, or have you given up on Hawaii?
Old 09-08-04, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, this episode was a huge improvement. Not only did the writing improve even over Monday (which was much better than the pilot) but the biggest thing to me is that the actors are getting better. Now you can see the characters in the show, instead of seeing actors playing the characters, if that makes any sense.

Although, something about the female cop character still annoys me, maybe it's just cause she is the ONLY woman with any major part in the show. Still, I'll definetly keep watching now, this show is off probation for me unless it goes back downhill.
Old 09-09-04, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was actually a good episode! And next week actually looks good, too! I watched it tonight hoping to laugh at it's stupidity, but alas, it was actually watchable (without making smarmy comments about it.)
Old 09-09-04, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too think the show is getting better as it goes along. I will try to watch it weekly on its new day and time.