Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any chance of a re-release of Brazil?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-04, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance of a re-release of Brazil?

I loved Terry Gilliam's retro-futuristic outlook on society, and I thought it was a very poignant film. I really love all of the extras that the Criterion Collection contains( Region 1), however I'm still a little dissapointed that its not presented in Anamorphic Widesceen nor is it remixed in Dolby Digital 5.1.
I was reading Bill Hunt's book yesterday where he goes over the disc and he says something at the end to the effect of "don't let the fact of the film not having anamorphic widscreen and 5.1 detract you from buying this one".

Any chance we'll get Brazil with all of those goodies but with a new anmorphic transfer for Region 1 and re-mixed in 5.1? If so, I'm there in a heartbeat!!!

Finally, is it true the film originally was PG-13 but Gilliam's new cut is Rated R? Could someone clear that up for me. Thanks!
Old 09-05-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "all those goodies" be part of what Criterion Collection owns now. So any sort of re-release with anamorphic would be done by then and I haven't heard of them doing much for the back titles.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 09-05-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was rereleased, chances are it wouldn't be by Criterion but by Universal, and since Criterion normally doesn't license out their extras, you'd have to choose between the two.

Or get them both, so start now.
Old 09-05-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
After you get out of Medical School it will come out.