Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone here listen to Lamb of God?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-04, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lamb of God has the first two songs from their new album, Ashes of the Wake, streaming on www.lambofgod.tv

The album comes out August 31st, in case anyone's interested...
Old 08-24-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Musically, I think they're pretty impressive, and I can see the label suggesting that they'll continue (or revive?) the new wave of american metal.

I'm still trying to get used to his vocals...slowly but surely they become slightly more tolerable for me. I saw a single from the new album on Headbanger's Ball...interesting...he did a bit of....I'll say "spoken word", but it's not poetry in the song which I found cool.

I wish he did SOME sort of singing too. That's what let me get used to and into Killswitch Engage and Opeth.
Old 08-25-04, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lamb of God are great.

Heavy, somewhat technical sound without getting to proggy , is that a word? They put on a pretty good live show too, can 't wait to hear the entire new album! Their last album "As the palaces burn" is incredible. Riff-o-rific!

As far as these two new tracks on that website, the first song I thought was pretty mediocre. The second song however, had those trademark Lamb of God breaks that just plain rock. Glad to see they didn't go all power-ballad on us.
Old 08-26-04, 11:33 AM

If anyone is interested, the German Amazon site has posted 30 second clips of all the songs here: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...407686-4321354
Old 02-10-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
I got into them after getting the REVOLVER June 2003 issue [Metallica cover]. I got the magazine for the Metallica interview... after reading the article for like 12 times, I finally decided to read the rest of the magazine. What caught my eye was a quote on top on the page "The Bible of Heavy Metal, is Megadeth's: Peace Sells... album".[something like that] I was like woah thats pretty cool, who's stating this. So I flipped the page backwards and it was an article for a group named LAMB OF GOD. So I decided read it: it was an article on their forthcoming album AS THE PALACE BURNS. What was also cool about it was that they got Chris Poland [Megadeth original guitarist] to play a solo on one of their songs. So this quote/article/band stay in my mind.

Fast Forward

I was browsing through my brothers massive cd collection and came across the FREDDY vs. JASON soundtrack. I figuired there's prob-ly nothing that would interest, but decided to look at the track listing. Hmmm LAMB OF GOD "11th hour", [I remember that name]. Took the cd home, listen to it. FUCK!!! I was blowned away. Listen to the track a shit load of times, I could not stop replaying it that I decided yup I need to get thier album [based on one song]. Heard the album, liked it alot and "11th Hour" is still my favorite song from them.

now 2004 their new album came ASHES OF THE WAKE. Now this album I love alot. The production on it was a big step up soundwise. Going back and listening to PALACE, it sounds really raw compare to ASHES. But I do like PALACE alot.

2005: Slipknot on tour and LAMB is listed as one of the bands. YES!!!! I'm going, told my brother... Then LAMB is banned from playing the Forum . PISSED OFF

ok this is long enough speeding along.

decided to get thier first cd NEW AMERICAN GOSPEL, then bought BURN THE PRIEST [original name and the reason why they were band from The Forum] reissued/remasterd cd, then ASHES Dual Disc [5.1!!!, scary as hell!] and finally KILLADELPHIA DVD [which is just fuckin' amazing].

I just need to get KILLADELPHIA cd [which I just found out a couple of weeks ago that it came out], and then [re]buy NEW AMERICAN GOSPEL Deluxe that comes out in 2 months.

I hope to see them soon on tour and anticipate their next album.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 02-10-06 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-10-06, 09:46 PM
Suspended

Killadelphia is def. worth getting. Nothing like listenning to the live version of Omerta.
Old 02-11-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The NAG Remaster

Prosthetic Records is proud to announce a deluxe reissuing of LAMB OF GOD's influential and highly-lauded debut album, New American Gospel, on April 4, 2006.

The Press Release from Prosthetic Records reads as follows:
"Since the release of the record in 2000, the face of American metal has never been the same. Never ones to sacrifice underground credentials and a bludgeoning sound for commercial success, LAMB OF GOD instead brought success to the metal underground, opening the doors for their contemporaries and inspiring a legion of up-and-coming bands along the way. Quickly transforming from a group of Richmond, Virginia metalheads into one of heavy metals most admired and influential bands of the last decade, LAMB OF GOD is now a living testament to the old motto a little hard work goes a long way, and New American Gospel was only the beginning.

Remastered and repackaged with four bonus tracks, exclusive liner notes from the band, and the video for the proven classic Black Label, alongside a re-imaging facelift from longtime band collaborator Ken Adams, LAMB OF GOD's now famous debut album finally gets the treatment it deserves in 2006. The music on New American Gospel has quickly become both essential and classic metal material, having already helped to revitalize and re-inspire a once stale American metal scene and assist in usher in this decades New Wave of American Heavy Metal and forever leaving its mark on the worldwide metal scene. With the bands brand of death-influenced thrash metal with hardcore grooves, and a plethora of devastating live shows through the bands diehard work ethic, LAMB OF GOD continues to wave the flag for uncompromisingly heavy music, even half a decade after the bands breakthrough album."

After the trail LAMB OF GOD blazed with their Epic Records debut “Ashes of the Wake”, never has there been a better time to unsheathe this long-deserved, updated take on a new American metal classic to the hordes of heavy music fans that have, since the release of New American Gospel half a decade ago, been inspired by the revolutionary and scene-leading band LAMB OF GOD has become today.

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
Old 03-28-06, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2006, Year of the Lamb

After headlining the 'Sounds of the Underground' 2005 Touring Festival ending in August 2005, LAMB OF GOD bunkered down in their hometown of Richmond Virginia to begin the writing process on the follow-up to the bands 2004’s release ‘Ashes of the Wake.’

“We’ve taken this process very seriously,” notes drummer Chris Adler. “We have been spending 5 or 6 days a week and 6-8 hours a day writing. It’s a very intense and productive process that has paid off in a very big way.”

Following several months of writing, the band took a break in December 2005 to headline a successful European run.

“Initially we didn’t want to do it because we thought it would interrupt the writing process and leave us, yet again, with less time than we wanted to write the album. In fact, this was the best thing we could have done. Not only were the shows bigger than we anticipated and extremely refreshing after being locked up in our smoky rehearsal hole – but it gave us an opportunity to step away from the material, let it sink in a bit, and return to attack it with a renewed vision and inspiration. This is something we’ve never had the luxury of doing and it has made a very positive difference.”

The band has tapped friend and producer of ‘Ashes of the Wake’ Machine to handle the production duties for the upcoming effort. Pre-production is scheduled to begin in Richmond on March 13.

“Everyone wants to know what the new material is like or have us compare it to something. It’s tough to do because when your proud of something you want to say it’s better than something else or that it’s more of this or that. I don’t want to do that – every LAMB OF GOD CD has been a snapshot in time, a puzzle that spelled out who we are as individual musicians and as a band. They each represent a certain amount of experience and ability – and without saying more, we now have more of both of those than ever. We have continued to raise the bar for ourselves in every aspect of what we do, and we are expecting more of ourselves than ever heading into this. We’re looking forward to tracking and releasing this intense and very heavy release.”

The as of yet untitled release is tentatively expected to be released though the bands label Epic Records in late August of 2006.

The band has also confirmed touring plans both before and after the release. These will be announced shortly.

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
Old 03-29-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LoG is the best band out there period.
Old 03-30-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by harpo787
I'm still trying to get used to his vocals...slowly but surely they become slightly more tolerable for me.
Not for me.....sorry.
I came from a generation when metal singers sing.
Instrumentally these bands are unbelieveable, but the vocals do nothing for me.

Neat article:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110007902

Interesting comments by Trivium's Matthew Heafy at the end.

Last edited by covenant; 03-30-06 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-02-06, 03:38 AM

because of your feedback.. i bought killadelphia.. awsome cd.. listen to it everytime i go to the gym.. after seeing the dvd.. i don't see the singer lasting very long in the band though.
Old 05-08-06, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LAMB OF GOD have set "Sacrament" as the title of their highly anticipated album release, due late Summer 2006 via Epic Records.

The group has been unusually tight lipped about the new recording, turning down all but a select few in-studio and pre-studio interviews. No listening sessions, demo recordings or audio samples have been granted or released.

News from March 2nd notes that the band had once again tapped friend and producer Machine (‘Ashes of the Wake’) to handle the production duties for “Sacrament”.

At that time drummer Chris Adler had the following to say:
“Everyone wants to know what the new material is like or have us compare it to something. It’s tough to do because when your proud of something you want to say it’s better than something else or that it’s more of this or that. I don’t want to do that – every LAMB OF GOD album has been a snapshot in time, a puzzle that spelled out who we are as individual musicians and as a band. They each represent a certain amount of experience and ability – and without saying more, we now have more of both of those than ever. We have continued to raise the bar for ourselves in every aspect of what we do, and we are expecting more of ourselves than ever heading into this. We’re looking forward to tracking and releasing this intense and very heavy release.”

News surfaced that as of April 11th drummer Chris Adler had finished tracking drums at Spin Recording studios in Long Island City, New York.

All interviews with Chris and his brother Willie Adler were cancelled during the drum tracking session and several more have been cancelled as the band continues tracking guitars and vocals in Richmond, VA.

In the most recent news from the camp guitarist Mark Morton had the following comments on the recording and the material:
"There's an intensity to this project that feels heavier than previous records. The vibe around the sessions has been serious. Not in a conflict sort of way, just more focused and driven than ever before. We know we're onto something. I've done very few interviews over the course of these sessions and everybody wants to know titles and track listings and details like that, but we're not coming off of that kind of stuff just yet. It's too early. This record's way too important to us to allow anyone in until the five of us are in agreement that it's exactly how we want it. It's definitely not a casual approach this time around. We really want this album to have an impact....it feels like it will."

LAMB-OF-GOD.com