Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Snow White & The Three Stooges on DVD ever??

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-04, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After The Three Stooges shorts have been released are there any plans to issue the colour movie that they made in 1961, "Snow White and The Three Stooges"starring American Ice Skater Carol Heiss , and co starring Patricia Medina as the Wicked Queen?
Old 08-16-04, 12:38 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah, I remember this from a kiddie matinee, perhaps 1964-5, and I didn't think it was very good because by then the Stooges simply weren't funny anymore. Guy (Mr. Sardonicus) Rolfe was pretty manacing as the villain, though.
Old 08-16-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Horrible film, but if it does come out, it needs to in the CinemaScope ratio as originally released. The VHS version is hideously panned and scanned.
Old 08-17-04, 05:57 AM

As a child I seem to remember I saw a version of "Snow White and the Three Stooges" or maybe they called it "Snow White and the Three Clowns" (??), available as a super eight film complete with a 33 1/3rpm plastic record, which had a wonderfully "tinny" sounding soundtrack disc which you put on your turntable, and linked up with the super eight projector, at the command from the announcer's voice on the disc "START PROJECTOR ON TONE !! ". Wish that I could find one again on Ebay!

The first two Hammer horror movies,"Curse of Frankenstein", and "Dracula" or "Horror of Dracula" as they called it in the USA, presumably, because of copyright reasons, were also available in this disc/super eight film format. Does anyone else remember this series of movies/discs?
Old 11-03-05, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Snow White and the Three Stooges keeps popping up in Wal-Mart's $5.50 bargain bin. The disc features both full screen and anamorphic widescreen. Our original poster in England can order a region 1/NTSC copy through Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...150850-0332427