DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

OASIS - "Definitely Maybe" DVD details

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-04, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASIS - "Definitely Maybe" DVD details

Check it out here;

http://www.oasisus.com/

On September 7, 2004, Oasis is set to release Definitely Maybe : The DVD, to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the release of this landmark album.

For the first time ever, the whole album, including rare vinyl-only track 'Sad Song', is available on DVD. The classic audio version is accompanied by an hour-long documentary about the recording of the album featuring rare and contemporary interviews with the band, label, friends and entourage, memorable live and TV performances of Definitely Maybe's twelve era-defining tracks and - totalling nearly five hours of classic Oasis music and footage.

The roll call, starting with performance footage:

'Rock 'n' Roll Star' Top Of The Pops, September 1994

'Shakermaker' Naked City, June 1994

'Live Forever' Glastonbury, June 1994

'Up In The Sky' Chicago Metro, October 1994

'Columbia' Hammersmith Palais, December 1994

'Supersonic' The Word, March 1994

'Bring It On Down' Gleneagles, February 1994

'Cigarettes And Alcohol' Southampton Guildhall, November 1994

'Digsy's Dinner' Buckley Tivoli, August 1994

'Slide Away' New York Wetlands, July 1994

'Married With Children' Los Angeles Whiskey A Go Go, September 1994

'Sad Song' Later With Jools Holland, December 1994

Definitely Maybe : The DVD includes the bands promo videos for 'Supersonic', 'Shakermaker', 'Live Forever', 'Rock 'n' Roll Star' and 'Cigarettes And Alcohol' (uncensored), some with director commentaries. Also included are the U.S. videos for 'Live Forever' and 'Supersonic'.

Hidden extras include a segment from the seminal Wibbling Rivalry Fierce Panda interview release and various non- documentary strands (including a letter from Guigsy), as well as other hidden extras. A bonus disc (only available until the end of 2004) includes further interviews and live performance footage.

Oasis headlined Glastonbury 2004. They are currently in the studio recording their sixth studio album.
Old 08-10-04, 08:07 AM

Being one of the few Oasis fans left, I want to pick this up. The problem is

"A bonus disc (only available until the end of 2004) includes further interviews and live performance footage."

So there are two versions coming out? Why do we have to wait till the end of 2004 to get the extra disc? I guess this is meant to be like a director's cut of the DVD.
Old 08-10-04, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by remjim
Being one of the few Oasis fans left, I want to pick this up. The problem is

"A bonus disc (only available until the end of 2004) includes further interviews and live performance footage."

So there are two versions coming out? Why do we have to wait till the end of 2004 to get the extra disc? I guess this is meant to be like a director's cut of the DVD.
I would assume it will be one release with the two discs, that will later be re-released with only one disc. It says the bonus disc will only be available until the end of 2004, so you don't have to wait until the end of the year to get it.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a huge Oasis fan, even the new stuff, so this'll go great with all my other Oasis DVDs.
Old 08-10-04, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SWEET... big time Oasis fan so this is a must have for sure.

MATT
Old 08-10-04, 10:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
two, only TWO videos, come on, I would love to own a video compliation not another live performance - of the live performance's I would rather see full length concerts from their Glasto and Loch Lomand (sp?) performances.
Old 08-10-04, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by futbol
I would assume it will be one release with the two discs, that will later be re-released with only one disc. It says the bonus disc will only be available until the end of 2004, so you don't have to wait until the end of the year to get it.
Oops, sorry! I misread that last bit. That's the problem with not fully waking up before I post.

Last edited by remjim; 08-10-04 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-10-04, 11:15 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Glad to hear this is hitting the US.
Old 08-10-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am a big Oasis fan, but I already have Live by the Sea (1995) and There and Then (1996), so I may pass on this one.
Old 08-10-04, 01:21 PM

http://www8.cd-wow.com/detail_result...uct_code=12557

It's pretty cheap from here. Free postage to USA as far as I know
Old 08-10-04, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Giles
two, only TWO videos, come on, I would love to own a video compliation not another live performance - of the live performance's I would rather see full length concerts from their Glasto and Loch Lomand (sp?) performances.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but there are 7 videos on the DVD, not 2.

I understand what you mean about a video compilation but perhaps the band has decided to do a DVD for every album and thus the relevant videos for each will appear on the individual DVDs? Just a guess.
Old 08-10-04, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as someone who also has 'live by the sea' and 'there and then' i would much rather have the unplugged mtv special. i thought that was such a fantastic performance.
Old 08-10-04, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Michael Allred
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but there are 7 videos on the DVD, not 2.

I understand what you mean about a video compilation but perhaps the band has decided to do a DVD for every album and thus the relevant videos for each will appear on the individual DVDs? Just a guess.
yeah, you're right there are seven videos, my eyesight's going... now that would be cool if they did rerelease all the albums with their retrospective videos.

Originally posted by kevin75
as someone who also has 'live by the sea' and 'there and then' i would much rather have the unplugged mtv special. i thought that was such a fantastic performance.
ah, the Noel solo gig, that I'd like to own as well (have the taped show somewhere in my VHS video collection)

read in NME that their recent (2004) Glastonbury performance was an extremem disappointment.
Old 08-10-04, 09:17 PM

Excellent news! I knew this would be coming out in the UK, but I wasn't sure about us Yanks being able to enjoy some classic Oasis on DVD. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-11-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent! I'd heard this was coming out, just didn't know the date. I'll definitely pick this one up, though some of the songs are covered on my There and Then DVD.
Old 08-11-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kevin75
*sigh*
If only. I managed to download the performance some number of years ago and make a CD that way, but man I'd love to have the video too.
Old 08-11-04, 10:23 AM

I thougth the MTV unplugged show was a Live at the 10 spot performance - or am I wrong?

also have vhs copeid Prodigy Radiohead, performances from the series as well
(remember when MTV actually focused on 'music'? )
Old 08-11-04, 09:57 PM

Oasis was definitely an "unplugged" performance, not a "Live at the 10 Spot", although they did have some pretty good ones. The entire unplugged performance actually included two more songs that weren't broadcast on MTV. "Listen Up" and "Whatever" were edited out for time constraints, but I'm sure some of you guys already knew that. "Listen Up" in particular was amazing with Noel on vocals!
Old 08-11-04, 10:27 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I think they were on the 10 SPOT a couple of years later, as part of the Be Here Now tour. I think, though, it was just an imported performance from MTV in the UK, and not a special thing for the US like some of the others.
Old 08-11-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So is the audio DVD-Audio or SACD, or just PCM that only plays in a DVD player?
Old 08-13-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oasis' official web page has some 30 second clips and trailers for the DVD available :

http://www.oasisinet.com/
Old 08-13-04, 08:43 PM
Banned

Oasis.....where do I start

The band that had it all and then threw it all away.

Oasis were at their peak in 1996, but due to Liam's smoking drinking, drugs, late night partying, his voice sounds too coarse to even go on. he looks and sounds terrible now.

Noel Gallagher- Still sounds good, because he doesn't sing with his larynx up, which screws your vocal chords. My favorite member of the band by far!!!!

Had Oasis stayed together(too many bandmemebers other than the Gallagher's being replaced), had Liam taken better care of his voice, had they had better attitudes and not used a four letter word with every sentenace. had they not bashed America every time they came here. Had they not cancelled tours left and right due to band scuffles and Liam's voice, then Oasis would be be the biggest band in the world today. The world got sick of them. They are a prime example of one of the biggest bands to have it all and trhow it away.

I heard a clip of Liam singing "Whatever" in 1994, and his voice was in great shape. It's painful to my ears to listen to him now.
Old 08-13-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dalvin, that has nothing to do with the thread topic.
Old 08-24-04, 08:56 PM

Does anybody know if this is going to be released separately in different regions or is it just one all-region release? The reason I ask is because I saw it listed on a UK site as an all-region title. I suppose I would prefer a region 1 release if there is one.

P.S. I like the slightly different photo they used for the cover art with Noel staring at the camera...
Old 08-24-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Dalvin, that has nothing to do with the thread topic.
Neither do a majority of posts in this thread, so there's no need to single anyone out. You know where the report to mod link is, you've been here long enough.
Old 08-25-04, 01:41 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
A HUGE drool for this one, very cool! I only wish they would release ALL their promo videos from all their albums on one DVD. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

At the same time lets see more of these types of DVD releases from EVERY band, 'cause God only knows we'll never see them on MTV again!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.