Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ever had a concert moved on you?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ever had a concert moved on you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 02:20 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever had a concert moved on you? (plus ticketmaster rant)

I got an e-mail this morning that the Incubus concert on Oct. 11 in DC was being moved from the MCI Center to Merrieweather Post Pavillion.

Pretty big hassle to keep the tickets. I had to call them and they had to charge my card again. Now I have to write VOID across the old ones, cut them in half length wise, copy them and fax it to Ticketmaster and then mail them to Ticketmaster and when they receive them they'll credit my card for the same amount I just paid today.

Ridiculous. Ticketmaster sucks.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 08-05-04 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 02:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
that's never happened to me, my problems are cancelled shows:

Supergrass
Manic Street Preachers
Deep Forest

Old 08-05-04, 02:35 PM
Retired

Only cancelled show I had was Rage Against the Machine and the Beastie Boys. They cancelled the whole tour after one of the Beastie's broke his collarbone in a bicycle wreck.

I was pissed as I was only going for RATM and to make matters worse they never toured again as they broke up shortly their after so I never got a chance to see them live.
Old 08-05-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Ever had a concert moved on you? (plus ticketmaster rant)

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I got an e-mail this morning that the Incubus concert on Oct. 11 in DC was being moved from the MCI Center to Merrieweather Post Pavillion.

Pretty big hassle to keep the tickets. I had to call them and they had to charge my card again. Now I have to write VOID across the old ones, cut them in half length wise, copy them and fax it to Ticketmaster and then mail them to Ticketmaster and when they receive them they'll credit my card for the same amount I just paid today.

Ridiculous. Ticketmaster sucks.
Do they refund the convenience charge? Doubt it... sounds like a huge pain in the ass...

I would just say I never got the tickets and they will have them at willcall.
Old 08-05-04, 02:45 PM
Retired

They refund the convenience charge, shipping and everything, still a hassle though.
Old 08-05-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Agreed-that's BS. those things have a bar code on them, it would be the work of ten minutes to 'devalidate' all the original tickets and process new ones.
Not to mention, if you send them back, and they don't get them, you don't get your money back. And tickets aint' cheap, even before you add in the 'convenience' charge [of course, this sounds quite *inconvenient*, they should refund you.]
I never had that happen, I had one cancelled. My mom was driving a friend and me to the show, and she called the day of the show and said 'How do you get there?' they gave directions. 'Okay, what time is the show?'
'Show? It's a movie tonight. Concert was cancelled.' the concert had gotten cancelled. At that time we didn't have the internet, and didn't get the daily paper, so we were lucky we called. That was Black Sabbath, after they released Headless Cross.
Hmm...Iron Maiden and Anthrax was cancelled on me too, when Bruce Dickinson got laryngitis....And I can't even count the number of GWAR concerts that have been cancelled either before or during the show...
Old 08-05-04, 02:47 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had a concert moved, but did have a concert cancelled. (Lead singer from Filter went into rehab)

Ticketbastard did refund the ticket, but not the convenience charge....asses
Old 08-05-04, 02:56 PM
Retired

Originally posted by dtcarson
Agreed-that's BS. those things have a bar code on them, it would be the work of ten minutes to 'devalidate' all the original tickets and process new ones.
The only thing I can think of is they're afraid people would get their new tickets and sell their old ones to unaware people.

Originally posted by dtcarson

Not to mention, if you send them back, and they don't get them, you don't get your money back. And tickets aint' cheap, even before you add in the 'convenience' charge [of course, this sounds quite *inconvenient*, they should refund you.]
No kidding. $92.30 for two pit tickets after all the fees. To make matters worse, it's a P.O. Box you send it to so you can't do certified mail and what not.

They didn't allow much of a time line either only have until the 12th to get the tickets to them to get an exchange/refund. What about people that don't check their e-mail often? Or happen to be out of town on vacation? Ticketmaster needs to die.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 08-05-04 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 02:56 PM
Retired

Originally posted by MJKTool

Ticketbastard did refund the ticket, but not the convenience charge....asses
I don't see how they can legally do that.

When the Rage tour was cancelled I got a full refund.
Old 08-05-04, 03:48 PM
Suspended

If I remember the lady said something about them already printing the tickets, mailing, etc. Bullshit answer I know, but I'm not gonna sit and argue on the phone with her over $12. Blah.
Old 08-05-04, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They refund the convenience charge, shipping and everything, still a hassle though.
Glad to hear that...at least you get something back if you still want to go...oh well not much you can do.
Old 08-05-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
That's bizarre. At any concert that I've ever been to that's been moved, they honor the original tickets.
Old 08-05-04, 04:11 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
That's bizarre. At any concert that I've ever been to that's been moved, they honor the original tickets.
I think the issue was seating capacity in the floor. They could fit a ton more people on the floor of the MCI center than they could in the pit at Merriweather Pavillion. So some people that exchange late are going to get worse seats.

MCI seats more than Merriweather as a whole as well (assuming they use the whole arena with seats behind the stage) but the show wasn't sold out. I'm guessing it was probably moved for low sales.
Old 08-05-04, 04:12 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Flashback
Glad to hear that...at least you get something back if you still want to go...oh well not much you can do.
Yep, I just called and exchanged and got pit tickets still for the new show. It just sucks as now I have another $92.30 on my card and if the old tickets get lost in the mail or whatever I'm screwed as they won't' refund it until they receive them and it stated in the e-mail that they aren't responsible for tickets that are "lost, stolen, or never received by our office." Bastards.
Old 08-05-04, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had a Save Ferris show in Vegas postponed. Sucked because we drove to Vegas (from So Cal) and had to drive back the next month. Then we had a Cranberries show cancelled on us, but we were able to go back to TM and got a full refund.
Old 08-05-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

a couple years ago, i saw the violent femmes. they were supposed to be playing at a theatre, but due to low ticket sales, the show was moved to a club. no hassle, everyone got in with their original tickets.
Old 08-06-04, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The RANCID Pittsburgh show was moved to CLEVELAND after the place they were supposed to play closed down. beat that.

they did refund prices and fees though if you decided not to drive to cleveland.
Old 08-06-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Once. Metallica. On the summer sanitarium tour (2000?) when James broke his arm jet skiing the day before, or something. The show went on, with Kid Rock, Jonathan Davis, Serj, and Jason Newstead filling in on vocals.

Anyway, they promised a makeup concert. Scheduled for Indianapolis I think? (original show was in Sparta, KY) Probably 2 hours differerence. It was going to be a pain, but at the last minute they changed it to Rupp Arena in Lexington. I thought it was great. But then again I had never seen a live show there before. Worst concert I have ever seen. Terrible acoustics. I have never been back, and won't. That place was dreadful.
Old 08-06-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey josh, i thought tix for the incubus show didn't go on sale for another couple of days. also, isn't it festival seating because the price for a ticket is 35 bucks?
did they change the date also? ticketmaster says the 14th, but the main site where you buy tickets says the 11th

Last edited by Rypro 525; 08-06-04 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-06-04, 12:30 PM
Retired

The tickets for the ooriginally planned show at MCI Center went on sell in like March. I got floor tickets with the internet presale with the password that came with their last CD.

The tickets to the moved show don't go on sale until the 14th to give those of us with existing tickets a couple weeks or so to get them exchanged and still get the good seats we had.

As far as I know it's still going to be Oct 11 as the e-mail I got annoucing the change still listed that date. I'll update when I actually get the tickets, probably be a couple weeks.
Old 08-06-04, 01:05 PM

the Incubus concert here in Indy got moved from Conseco Fieldhouse to Verizon Wireless Music Center. but i didnt have tickets for the show. so i dont know if people had the same hassel.

I did have one concert cancel on me. it was the "Rock is Dead" tour with Rob Zombie and Korn. the drummer from korn injures his wrist. it sucks because it was only a week before the concert here.
Old 08-06-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't remember ever having a concert moved from one venue to another...

Did have a cancellation once. Insane Clown Posse in what used to be known as "The Chili Pepper" here in S. Florida. It's gone by a few other names that I can't recall....

Anyways, I think ICP was cancelled supposedly because the place didn't want to deal with the mess that would surely ensue, what with the Faygo getting everywhere. The place holds a few hundred at most. Well, no notice about the cancellation that I'm aware of, nor of the few hundred that showed up at the venue that evening. So instead of dealing with a "soda mess" to clean up, they had to deal with a trashed venue. Quite a few fans broke in, tore up the inside, trashed the bar, the register, poured alcohol everywhere and set the place on fire. Pretty scary stuff... my friend and I were quite close to the "action", but didn't get involved. linkage

Hmm...we were also "quite close to the action" as the shit hit the fan at Woodstock '99.
Old 08-08-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Most bizzare change - Danzig bumped from the Millennium Center in Winston-Salem to Ziggy's (of ALL places) due to the Sigma Chi Rush Formal! I kid you not...

Went to the concert, if only to see Danzig play in Winston-Salem. They rocked. Got to speak briefly with Glenn after the show, told him I was a Wake student and we shared a laugh about how lame Sigma Chi was.
Old 08-11-04, 11:47 AM
Retired

As far as I know it's still going to be Oct 11 as the e-mail I got annoucing the change still listed that date. I'll update when I actually get the tickets, probably be a couple weeks.
I just got an e-mail from the Incubus mailing list, and they said it was just a venue change, so the concert's still the 11th.
Old 08-11-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Most dissapointing one was when Sepultura cancelled a show on the ROOTS tour, Max apparently injured his back. A few months later he left the band and they were never the same, I REALLY wanted to see them on that tour! I've seen them since, but its not the same.

As far a concerts being moved, I've had a few moved to smaller, general admission venues, which is fine by me, usually a better show. Accept when I had good seats at the original venue. I think that happened with Primus, and Danzig back in the day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.