Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which PC game - demo

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-04, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which PC game - demo

I am going to China tomorrow and I have a trip to japan in two weeks. I was thinking maybe I should get a PC game for my laptop. I have a gig of ram and 32mb graphics.

Last PC game I finished was Quake why back when.

I was thinking halo because I love it on xbox but I have finished the game on the xbox. I downloaded it anyway to check out.

What other demos should I check out on this trip?

Or which one should I just buy?
Old 07-27-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Halo would probably run like crap on your laptop... how about an adventure game to pass the time. Something like Monkey Island or Grim Fandango... or maybe more recently Syberia. I'd load up on free puzzle or card games too.
Old 07-28-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with the adventure games idea...

I don't know about you, but playing a FPS on an airplane (or any form of transport) just doesn't sound practical. I wouldn't want to have to use an external mouse and risk looking like a complete tool and annoying everyone around me by hammering on the keyboard and the left mouse button during the flight.

Adventure games would be more tolerant of a touchpad, and the slower pace and storylines should keep you interested. If you're interested in the Monkey Island titles, you can buy "Escape from Monkey Island" for $1.99 at EBGAMES right now... new. I ordered one but haven't received it yet, and have heard it's not as good as the originals were, but still fun. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max - these titles should keep you busy, and entertained.

ThEre are Many wonderfUL Adventures To discOver if you'Re willing to Search for them.

If you really want a FPS, and have Half-Life, there is a killer single player mod out there from PC Gamer magazine called "They Hunger". (I dig zombies)

http://www.planethalflife.com/manke/theyhunger.htm
Old 07-29-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

try gothic 2 or galactic civilizations if that kind of thing is you bag.
Old 07-29-04, 10:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend Stars! (available online) or Alpha Centauri (available as part of EA's Laptop Pack, coincidentally) over Galactic Civilizations. With the Laptop Pack, you also get SimCity 3000, Tiger Woods Golf, and another game or two, I think.