Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Six Feet Under" 7/25

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
"Six Feet Under" 7/25

This week's episode totally redeemed last week's (IMO). Thankfully it wasn't just David dealing with what happened. And when it was, it was subtle. But the writing was really good on this episode. The thing that I love most about this show are those small moments between the family. Like when Claire and David talked about what happened. And when Nate came back to the business (albeit temporarily) and joined David downstairs at the funeral. Nice. Russell is still terrorizing us though.
Old 07-25-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For me, the best episode of season 4.

The scene between David and Clare was pitch perfect, and then the "He'd do it for you" scene, and then the quick scene where Nate stands by David's side, showing him that he's got his back, all mighty fine scenes.

James Crowmell's delivery of the "They ask too many F-in questions" line made me laugh for quite a few minutes. Damn, funny stuff.

Rico's gonna be six feet under in his marriage soon...

Clare on drugs at the birthday dinner was amusing.

So Brenda's finally come back to her senses, after almost jumping off the cliff of domesticity. Interesting...
Old 07-25-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just when I get fed up with the uninteresting storyline involving Claire and her gaggle of friends...and just when I've had enough of Ruth and her annoying whining and complete mistrust of everything George says or does...just when I've had enough of so many dull storylines...we get a scene with Brenda and the pillows, followed up by Nate figuratively holding David back up again.

It's those moments that remind me why I even bother with this show. Just some brilliant writing and acting in this episode tonight.
Old 07-25-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And...............

****spoilers**************

Just when Brenda and Nate get back together, she's knocked up by some other guy. Cuz you just know she is. I, too, loved that scene with her in the housewares store. How SO un-Brenda like was that environment?
Old 07-25-04, 09:38 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
David had great scenes with both Claire and Nate. Great drama!
Old 07-25-04, 10:18 PM

I really liked this episode too, some of the better moments were the more subtle ones. It seems like Nate and Brenda are back together too.
Old 07-25-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent follow-up to last weeks episode
Old 07-26-04, 12:01 AM

I loved this week's episode (though I loved last week's, too). I'm looking forward to watching Rico dig himself further into the hole, and the love triangle is going to carry the rest of the season.

That, and the possibility of some Ambrose-Suvari action.

RS
Old 07-26-04, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had far too much of Claire and her friends, I just FF through those parts now.

But, the Brenda pillow moment, the Nate back to work in his suit, and the Rico implosion all make up for the Claire annoyances.
Old 07-26-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Brenda got knocked up by Joe, that would be a main "soap opera-ish" point that will have me rolling my eyes later.
Old 07-26-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

James Crowmell's delivery of the "They ask too many F-in questions" line made me laugh for quite a few minutes. Damn, funny stuff.

Actually, I saw that as a very scary moment, indicating that there are deeper and darker secrets that he has been hiding from all the women in his life for a long, long time. I think we're in for some major revelations about him.
Old 07-26-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by marty888
Actually, I saw that as a very scary moment, indicating that there are deeper and darker secrets that he has been hiding from all the women in his life for a long, long time. I think we're in for some major revelations about him.
I thought it was funny to hear the guy from Babe yell the f word.
Old 07-26-04, 08:59 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew
I thought it was funny to hear the guy from Babe yell the f word.
I will always think of him as "Stretch" Cunningham.

I loved the part at dinner where Claire commented on "all the women" doing the cleaning, then "all the women and people of color".

"Nate gets it."
Old 07-26-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Other than the "Claire and her friends" part (which was just annoying), I thought it was a pretty good episode.
Old 07-26-04, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally posted by Daytripper

I, too, loved that scene with her in the housewares store. How SO un-Brenda like was that environment?
Where exactly did she buy her linens before? At a head shop?

Kieth (on phone) - OK dog.

David - Dog?

Kieth - We should all work with dogs.

Old 07-26-04, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, anyone else catch Frances Conroy (Ruth) plugging the "Catwoman" movie at the birthday dinner? *Chuckle* (Yes, Frances has a part in the Catwoman movie that opened this past weekend).
Old 07-26-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree this episode totally redeemed last week's for me. It was nice to see the other storylines picked up and it was wonderful to finally see some family interaction instead of the constant separate storylines.

Loved Claire's line about "people of color". She was cracking me up at dinner.

I also laughed at Cromwell's dead-pan comment to David about how "the good thing about being car-jacked was getting a new gagdet."

Glad to see Brenda come back to Nate, although I wonder if that's going to mean he's going to be "the other man" for awhile.

Rico is such a bad liar. I was cringing the whole time he was making up the story about the "young mother" he is helping through church. That was also a pretty big f-up, calling Vanessa to cancel the date instead of his hottie.

I was actually kind of surprised we got to see Cromwell's academic party. For some reason, I was wondering if he was lying about being a professor.
Old 07-26-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Felt alot lighter than the other episodes this season, in a good way.
I was most impacted by Nate's 180 degree turn, back to work and back with Brenda as she sprints away from commitment yet again.
Old 07-26-04, 11:47 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
BTW, anyone else catch Frances Conroy (Ruth) plugging the "Catwoman" movie at the birthday dinner? *Chuckle* (Yes, Frances has a part in the Catwoman movie that opened this past weekend).
I missed that - what exactly did she say?
Old 07-26-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
I missed that - what exactly did she say?
I think it was the I'm a cat person comment, but don't know if that was what Patman was referring too. I like Claire's taste in music, a few weeks ago it was Radiohead, now some Rilo Kiley and Death Cab for Cutie.
Old 07-26-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, it was Ruth's suggestion for cats as pets during David's birthday dinner conversion. And considering Frances's role in "Catwoman" the coincidence in timing is amazing.
Old 07-26-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Apocrypha
and back with Brenda as she sprints away from commitment yet again.
See, I think Brenda's rush into a "normal" relationship with Joe was her way of trying to replicate what she had with Nate. I think Nate was the only normal relationship she had, and she obviously still loves him. He was unavailable to her and I think she got all involved with Joe as a Nate-substitute. I think her running back to Nate is not so much her running away from commitment, but more running towards the man she really wants.

I'm still optimistic that her and Nate can make it work, maybe now is the right time for them.
Old 07-26-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are Rico and the stripper having a sexual relationship at this point. I know they did at the beginning but I can't tell if they still are. It seems he simply can't disappoint this woman and walk away from her.
Old 07-26-04, 01:36 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
Are Rico and the stripper having a sexual relationship at this point. I know they did at the beginning but I can't tell if they still are. It seems he simply can't disappoint this woman and walk away from her.
I missed the episode two weeks ago so I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that nothing has happened between them since that first night. Nothing on screen, at least. If there had Rico would be so guilt wracked he'd be catatonic, I would imagine.
Old 07-26-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
Where exactly did she buy her linens before? At a head shop?
Way to completely miss my point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.