Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Have a Mini-Component Stereo, want to prop up from floor

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 01:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I have one of those Awia Mini component stereo's (basically an all in one cd, radio, tape, etc) that I would like to prop onto a table.

I'm looking for some good looking/cheap tables to serve this purpose.

The room this is going into is mostly black/stainless steel/grey/silver

Any tips would be great. I've looked at Ikea and everything there just seems cheap. I went to restoration hardware, pottery barn, crate and barrell and I don't eally want to spend that much. Hopefully under 100.

Thanks
Old 07-19-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not to flame or anything, but buying an expensive table solely for an inexpensive system does not seem very sensible.

I'd buy one of the ikea tables and with the money saved, buy a better system! Is this your main system or just for another room?

Another few options would include office depot, staples & target. They have some nice stuff from time to time. I remember seeing a glass/steel rack system @ office depot. Several here have it in use with their A/V gear.

Good luck!
Old 07-19-04, 10:52 PM

i think spending $100 on a table is sensible. its like buying 5 dvd's at regular price...
Old 07-19-04, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Sonicflood
Not to flame or anything, but buying an expensive table solely for an inexpensive system does not seem very sensible.

I'd buy one of the ikea tables and with the money saved, buy a better system! Is this your main system or just for another room?

Another few options would include office depot, staples & target. They have some nice stuff from time to time. I remember seeing a glass/steel rack system @ office depot. Several here have it in use with their A/V gear.

Good luck!
This is not my main system... just in another room. I don't want to really upgrade the unit, I know it's basically crap, but I just want a good looking table

I'll check out Ikea, again, I went there couple weekends ago but just got impatient.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, let me know!
Old 07-20-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 511 Likes on 353 Posts
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0000ZU6S6

It has a couple of drawers for the remote and manual, perhaps a few extra CDs. Plenty of room beneath for some accent pieces or a small chest.