Quantum Leap - Season 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quantum Leap - Season 2

It's offical boys and girls,

Quantum Leap: The Complete Second Season DVD

Universial had announced Quantum Leap Season 2 to be released on October 26th, it retails for $59.98, and is pre-ordering from Universal at $39.98.

This is the first full season of Quantum Leap (Season 1 was a mid-season replacement) with 22 episodes, and luckily the price didn't double as many had expected.

- Lordwow
Old 07-14-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would expect Costco to eventually carry it for $34.99 and DDD to have it initially for $38.99, but possibly reduced to $34.89 to beat CC in its first week of release (like they did for S1).

I ended up getting it at DDD since my local Costco didn't have it on the street date (they ended up getting it in stock about a week later).

Will definately be getting S2, of course.
Old 07-14-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ya, I got it at CC right when the opened (It's my favorite show, I couldn't wait) and got it for $34.99, but it's excellent news that it won't be burning a $100 hole in my pocket this October.
Old 08-12-04, 06:59 PM

We've just posted the artwork here. No word on disc specs yet though I'm afraid.
Old 08-12-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great News! Glad they aren't waiting so long to release each season.
Old 08-12-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Thanks Tom.

I know most didn't like the cover of the first, but I like what they are doing with it. I think I am alone on that though. Glad to hear that it will cost the same as season 1. I am relieved. I already have my post in the STL forum waiting on some lovin'.
Old 08-12-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I hate to bring this up and potentially re-start an argument but this just proves what a rip off S1 was and what an obvious dupe job Universal did by not mentioning the number of eps on the box. I said it at the time and was flamed for complaining since I should feel priviledged that Universal would sell it to me at all. One of the flamers even claimed he would gladly pay $100 for the set so I should shut up and "find another hobby".

I'm glad S2 is priced reasonably but I may pass on it just to protest Universal's handling of S1.

I just had to get that off my chest. Flame suit donned...just in case .
Old 08-12-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by moocher
Well, I hate to bring this up and potentially re-start an argument but this just proves what a rip off S1 was and what an obvious dupe job Universal did by not mentioning the number of eps on the box. I said it at the time and was flamed for complaining since I should feel priviledged that Universal would sell it to me at all. One of the flamers even claimed he would gladly pay $100 for the set so I should shut up and "find another hobby".

I'm glad S2 is priced reasonably but I may pass on it just to protest Universal's handling of S1.

Old 08-13-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Hmmmm, 22 eps on 3 discs? Methinks this shall be a flipper. I fear the quality will suffer some but, on the other hand, I am happy to have these out. MY VHS tapes were getting worn out.

Now, here is the thing, will these be in leap order with the teasers correct? Also, at only 3 discs for 22 eps it doesn't leave room for much extra. Season 1 was pretty bare in the extra department. I imagine they will have Scott intro each ep again but it doesn't look good for commentary tracks.

That said, I'll still nab it. Universal is costing me a pretty penny in October what with this and the new Monster Legacy sets.
Old 08-13-04, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

i was on your side. I still think the price (around $35) is way to high for 8 eps. But I love the show and bought it anyway.
Old 08-13-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ScottyWH
Well, I wasn't going to mention any names. Guess this one's worth $300, eh, Scotty?

but you are assuming a lot by inferring that season two will be priced the same
Looks like maybe I wasn't...
Old 08-17-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I wasn't going to mention any names. Guess this one's worth $300, eh, Scotty?

Looks like maybe I wasn't...

it's amazing what a winking smiley can do to promote good will
Old 08-18-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, just got pushed back to Dec. 14th. according to tvshowsondvd. Just thought I would share.
Old 08-18-04, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Well, just got pushed back to Dec. 14th. according to tvshowsondvd. Just thought I would share.
Well, this is good and bad news...

The bad being it was pushed back
The good meaning maybe they are adding to it