Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Chance of the New Outer Limits Season Sets??

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Chance of the New Outer Limits Season Sets????
Old 07-13-04, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
You might want to check out some Canadian DVD sites. There was a Best of S1 & S2 Box Set released in Canada recently - it has 20 episodes from S1 & S2.
Old 07-13-04, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the New Outer Limits box set from Canada and unfortunately it has the syndicated (i.e. edited) episodes. The video quality is acceptable, I guess. No extras. This set was definately a disappointment for me.

Amazon.ca has it for CA$51.99 which converts to 39 dollars in real money.

MGM, when will we get uncensored NOL season boxes instead of this crap??
Old 01-15-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad I read this thread. I was going to pull the trigger on the Best of S1 / S2 Outer Limits Sets from Canada, but I don't plan to now.

Apparantly they have also released the full season 3 New Outer Limits box set in Canada. For some reason all of the websites that I have been to call it "The Outer Limits: The Original Series Season 3", but it is really the New Series. This set is $32US at DVDSoon. I'll probably just wait for some better releases, though.
Old 02-22-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Title: The Outer Limits
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 21st June 2005
SRP: $14.95 Each

Further Details
MGM Home Entertainment has announced four new volumes of the new The Outer Limits television series. Each will be available to own from the 21st June this year, and should retail at around $14.95 a piece. The Aliens Among Us Collection will include the episodes "Quality of Mercy", "Afterlife", "The Grell", "Relativity Theory", "Alien Shop" and "Beyond the Veil". Bonus material will include an "Aliens Among Us" documentary and a Creating "Quality of Mercy" featurette. The second set is entitled Fantastic Androids & Robots. This will include "I, Robot", "The Hunt", "Resurrection", "The Camp", "Glitch" and "Small Friends". The only extra will be a documentary entitled the "Fantastic Robots and Androids". The third set is called the Mutation & Transformation Collection, and will include "The New Breed", "Descent", "The Joining", "Double Helix", "The Gun" and "The Inheritors". This time the extra will be a "Mutation and Transformation" documentary. The last volume will be known as the Death & Beyond Collection. This one will include the following episodes: "The Second Soul", "The Other Side", "New Lease", "Essence of Life", "Human Trials" and "Black Box". A new "Death and Beyond" documentary will also be included as part of the set.

Also available from the 21st June will be The Outer Limits: The New Series Gift Set. This will package the above four volumes, along with the existing Sex & Science Fiction and Time Travel & Infinity collections. The retail price for this one has yet to be confirmed. We've attached package artwork for each set below:
Link to story/images
Old 02-23-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Outer Limits disc on the way 06.21.05

all the info in this thread
Old 11-14-06, 11:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone heard anything about season 2 (or any of the other seasons) of the "new" series, or did I miss the release?
Old 11-17-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Anyone heard anything about season 2 (or any of the other seasons) of the "new" series, or did I miss the release?
Nothing.

Since they've been selling the season one set at discount prices lately, I'm starting to think that sales on it might have been disappointing. Generally when studios do this, they're attempting to get people interested in the series and then buying the subsequent sets at regular price.

So I'm not sure if they'll be releasing any more season sets.

I think it's possibly they really screwed up when they started releasing themed sets first and then released the complete first season years later.
Old 11-17-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
...I think it's possibly they really screwed up when they started releasing themed sets first and then released the complete first season years later.
i can only speak for myself (duh) and i refuse to buy those themed sets.
Old 11-17-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I sure hope they release seasons 2 and beyond.