Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rainbow Six 3 (PS2) $14.99 at Ebgames.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Rainbow Six 3 (PS2) $14.99 at Ebgames.com

If anyone is interested this is a good deal. I can't speak for the PS2 version, but the XBOX version rocks.
Old 07-13-04, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like a good game for $15, but the ratings difference b/w the Xbox version of this game and the PS2 version is 16% (88% Xbox, 72% PS2 @ Gamerankings)
Old 07-13-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably for the online factor?
Old 07-15-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Rainbow Six 3 (PS2) $14.99 at Ebgames.com

Originally posted by noonan4224
If anyone is interested this is a good deal. I can't speak for the PS2 version, but the XBOX version rocks.
Buy the Xbox version when it comes down in price.....

One of the big reasons the PS2 version received lower rankings were due in part to gameplay.

When coming to a room with hostages etc.....the Xbox version requires strategy as far as going through different doors for entry into one room in order to successfully save a hostage or eliminate the enemy.

From memory and reading an article in EGM...the PS2 version does away with this crucial part of the gameplay by only having one way into a room.

Anyone else confirm or give additional details?

The Xbox version was excellent...cannot wait to pick up the new release which is based on the same game engine as the first.
Old 07-15-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read the same thing, something about the limitations of the PS2.
Old 07-15-04, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I rented it, there were definitley more doors to enter a room. So you can in fact storm into a room from two different angles.

I was thinking of getting this. The rental didn't "wow" me but for $14.99 it might be too good a deal to pass up.
Old 07-16-04, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Captain Harlock
When I rented it, there were definitley more doors to enter a room. So you can in fact storm into a room from two different angles.

I was thinking of getting this. The rental didn't "wow" me but for $14.99 it might be too good a deal to pass up.
Did you or were you able to issue orders to your team positioned at the other door while you stormed another door? This was something that stuck out in my mind when I read the article....maybe the article meant it did not matter in the PS2 version if you entered from different locations.
Old 07-16-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by djones6746

Did you or were you able to issue orders to your team positioned at the other door while you stormed another door? This was something that stuck out in my mind when I read the article....maybe the article meant it did not matter in the PS2 version if you entered from different locations.
Yeah I was actually. You can position your team outside the door and give the "Open, breach and clear on Zulu" order, and then
"Zulu GO!".