Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XBox Live concept nights. R & R Night 7/12/04

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 07:25 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XBox Live concept nights. R & R Night 7/12/04

I love the XBox Live R & R concept.

From the XBox Live page, R & R is supposed to be a relaxed gaming night where people just play for fun and are not playing serious to boost stats, etc.

I got in a couple races on PGR2 before settling in to host.

I must have played about 5 hours as host. There were some great people that were with me just as long. We played all kinds of tracks. Did a few cat and mouse games. Had some races where we all raced in the same car. The people ranged from new players to some with online Kudos ranks of 21 and higher. One person had a rank of 47 or so. Everyone was pretty cool to chat with and it was a lot of fun.

I'm glad the R&R nights seem to be doing well. I'm an okay player, but most times I get creamed because everyone else is a better player.

Thanks again. And if anyone here was racing me last night, it was a lot of fun. Feel free to add me to your list.

And that goes for anyone else as well.

My main games are: PGR2, Jedi Academy, Trivial Pursiut, Mech Assault, Crimson Skies.

I'm have Halo 2 when that comes out, natch. And Mech Assault 2 when that is released.
Old 07-13-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Vryce, how is Trivial Pursuit? I heard the questions are repeated far too often - is this the case? Also, is it easy to find people online to play with?

Jeremy
Old 07-13-04, 06:25 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 3 times I've played, I had about 10 repeated questions through the games.
Finding people to play is pretty hard. I once started the game, setup a host, and then waited 5 minutes. After 5, I went to do some other stuff around the house. Came back 10 minutes later and some people had joined. It is a fun game, but not enough people play. Though I have heard that really late at night there are more people.
The unhinged live mode is pretty cool. Some of the spaces have different effects. And you gain points not only by answering your questions, you can bet on whether the other players will or will not guess the right answer.