Community
Search

DVD-related happenings at 2004 San Diego Comic Con

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
DVD-related happenings at 2004 San Diego Comic Con

They just posted the daily schedules for this years San Diego Comic Con. If you're into DVDs and are planning on attending, these panels might be of interest:

Thursday July 22

1:30 - 3:00 - DVD Producers - The Digital Bits editors Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan talk DVD with some of the hottest producers working in the industry today. Scheduled to appear are

Charles de Lauzirika (Alien Quadrilogy, Spider-Man 2)
J.M. Kenny (Footloose SE, Troy)
Javier Soto (Devil's Backbone, Hellboy)
David Prior (Panic Room SE, Master and Commander)

The producers will discuss projects currently in production and engage in a lengthy Q&A with the audience. Door prizes will be given away (including movies and a DVD player)

(I can't recommend this enough. I got to ask a question the last time they did this and it's a blast to be able to hold their attention. Get in line early if you want to ask a question)

Friday July 23

5:00 - 600 Hellboy DVD - Writer/Director Guillermo del Toro, creator Mike Magnolia, DVD producer Javier Soto and visual effects supervisor Blair Clark participate in a panel discussion and presentation regarding the cutting-edge 2-disc DVD set.

5:30 - 7:30 New Line Cinema The first part of this panel will be a discussion of Blade: Trinity with stars Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds and director David Goyer. The second part will present a first look at the Extended Edition of Return of the King DVD.

Saturday July 24

11:00 - 12:00 Warner Brothers Video - WHV will present a special panel to unveil some of the studio's most in-demand DVD titles getting the deluxe SE treatment this year. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman will be on hand for a special Q&A about the upcoming SE release of The Lost Boys. As an added bonus for Comic-Con guests, there will be an exciting DVD announcement for one of the greatest sci-fi trilogies of all time.

12:30 - 2:00 Star Wars Spectacular - Lucasfilm's head of fan relations Steve Sansweet (and guests) will present news regarding Ep III and the DVD release of the OT.

Last edited by TomOpus; 07-10-04 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-10-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget this:

Friday - 4:00-5:00 Friday the 13th: Jasons Unmasked—Paramount Home Entertainment hosts a Friday the 13th panel discussion moderated by webmaster and author Peter Bracke (DVD File). Panelists include five of the Jasons: Kane Hodder, C. J. Graham, Richard Brooker, Warrington Gillette, and Ari Lehman, and two directors, Tom McLoughlin and John Carl Buechler, who will discuss their work on the films and the search for the elusive deleted F13 footage.

I'll be at the con with a camera crew, so if anyone sees the UGO logo on a nice-looking camera, say hi. Unless you're a lurker and a newbie and I don't know you.
Old 07-10-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD-related happenings at 2004 San Diego Comic Con

Thursday July 22

1:30 - 3:00 - DVD Producers - The Digital Bits editors Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan talk DVD with some of the hottest producers working in the industry today. Scheduled to appear are

Charles de Lauzirika (Alien Quadrilogy, Spider-Man 2)
J.M. Kenny (Footloose SE, Troy)
Javier Soto (Devil's Backbone, Hellboy)
David Prior (Panic Room SE, Master and Commander)

The producers will discuss projects currently in production and engage in a lengthy Q&A with the audience. Door prizes will be given away (including movies and a DVD player)
Went to this at the 2001 Comic-Con and it's well worth it. Plus the audience gets to Q&A the producers. It's kind of like posting on here except you get the answers from the horses mouth and not just speculation from your DVDTalk brethren.
Old 07-10-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by BJacks
Don't forget this:

Friday - 4:00-5:00 Friday the 13th: Jasons Unmasked—Paramount Home Entertainment hosts a Friday the 13th panel discussion moderated by webmaster and author Peter Bracke (DVD File). Panelists include five of the Jasons: Kane Hodder, C. J. Graham, Richard Brooker, Warrington Gillette, and Ari Lehman, and two directors, Tom McLoughlin and John Carl Buechler, who will discuss their work on the films and the search for the elusive deleted F13 footage.

I'll be at the con with a camera crew, so if anyone sees the UGO logo on a nice-looking camera, say hi. Unless you're a lurker and a newbie and I don't know you.
I included this on my post over in the Move Forum since I wasn't sure if they were gonna discuss the upcoming boxset.

It's cool you'll be there w/crew and I'll be on the lookout for ya.
Old 07-10-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can someone post an update (for those who actually go there) & share it with the rest of us (who can't go)?

thanx,
i hate crowded & nerds...

wait a minute, what am i doing here?

BEGONE NERDS!!
Old 07-10-04, 01:18 PM
Suspended

If I'm not mistaken, the cast and creators of Freaks and Geeks will be there too.
Old 07-10-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
can someone post an update (for those who actually go there) & share it with the rest of us (who can't go)?
I know I'll be posting updates along with others. The programming this year goes later into the evening than previous years so I'll try to make daily updates. There's always always always surprise guests so that's what makes it exciting.

Oh, and Global Observer, you are correct!