Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Yet another DVD storage ?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 07-09-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, as referenced above this is yet another in the endless line of dvd storage questions. I just moved and have a smaller place. I am desperately in need of a nice, compact and attractive way to store my DVDs (currently around 460, counting box sets and TV shows as 1 item). The spot I have for a unit is right when you enter my bedroom, so I have to consider the space for the door to open. Between the opening of the door and the beginning of my closet, I have approximately 52" which would leave no space between, so I ideally I would have something this wide (if I could go wider, I would get one of those triple wide 64" wide units). Anyway, I not so fond of the look of Boltz, so that's out. I was thinking the IKEA Skara racks, but they seem to have gone out of production. I have considered the Billy bookshelfs, possibly with the translucent glass doors. I think what I will probably get is the Prepac Cherry Grande Locking Storage Cabinet. I look fairly nice, but I wanted to know if anyone has seen it, what you think of it and if anyone knows if the capacity is 448 DVDs or 560 DVDs as this will play a huge part in my decision (there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on that one). Also I am more than open to other suggestions. Again my wall space is approximately 52" (or less) W x 94" H. If anyone knows of something roughly 80" tall and can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks for all the help.